Madness

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»Madness«

 

 

Ren's P.O.V.

 

It must have looked strange. A man who cleans seriously and with a lot of rage... but I didn't care at the moment. It was dirt and once when I took the broom and swept the ceiling the whole dust flew in my eyes and mouth.

I cleaned everything. The insects and the other animals fleed in their freedom. Less dirty work for me, I thought as I shooed a mouse out of the way.

It was exhausting but my back did it well and I flew through the basement and cleaned everything in a second.

"Everyone wants to annoy me.", I cried when I found another mouse nest. I must have looked very funny because Baehko laughed out loud from time to time when he brought the valuable books in security.

But like I said I didn't care. I mopped the floor and listened to Kalifer calls: Rennie I'm going out! Help me! Now!

When I was done with everything, I went to Kalzifers hearth and quickly removed the ashes. I grabbed a container and put the demon from there  in there the while I was cleaning.

He hovered in the air, holding on to a piece of burnt-wood. "Ren. Hurry! I fall! Rennie~" He pleaded.

"I'll just bring the ashes out, I'm back in a second." I said, dragging the cloth full of ashes behind me. "Quick Rennie!  I'm going out. Help someone!" Kalzifer cried yet but I was already outside.

I didn't know that at that time the piece of wood broke in half and the demon fell into the tank.  I also didn't know that Minhyun took him out again and breathed at him so he would set fire again. It was only when I came in, sweaty and covered in soot that I saw him.

Minyhun had cut his hair and was dressed in wide chlothers. Beautiful as ever. "Would you in the future be a little more nicer to my friend here?"

What could I say? I clean only. He ran past me and closed the door. "You want to go now master Minhyun?", asked Baehko.

Minhyun turned the door knob until it was on black and opened the door again. "Baehko, please tell Ren he should not overdo it with the cleaning."  he said and was gone.

Baekho turned to me. "Have you done something bad again?" He joked with me. 

Kalzifer had also something to say: "You bullied me again if I had died, Minhyun would have died with me,! he exclaimed, looking at me with open white eyes.

"I'm the cleaning lady here and my job is to clean. Got it." I defended myself. Cleaning lady? I had to laugh at my own words. Everyone was laughing by now and I tried to concentrate on cleaning again.

But I couldn't really. I thought about what Kalzifer said. Was it true? Why would Minhyun die? Maybe because of the trade? I was a little bit confused but I didn't know if my thought were right so I went to the stairs and wanted to go upstairs.

Distraction.  This is what I need right now.

Quick as ever Baehko was in front of me. "No. You cannot clean upstrais!" I grined evil.

"If I were in your place I would quickly pack away my favorite things." Baehko looked up, held up a hand and nodded. "You have to clean my room at the last one!" He ran with these words upstrais to his own room and locked himself up.

How old is he again? He looks like 16 years but with his behavior he shows his side of a lilte kid.

I first went into the bathroom. Fright. I almost fell on my backwards back into the corridor.

It was dirty. So much bright colors I had never seen in my very life. Everywhere lay something and we don't want to talk about the toilet. The steam was unbearable. It was sticky and wet.

I opened a window and looked out. The sight that opened in fornt og me was amazing. The view was really beautiful. The castle was moving towards a lake and the landscape dragged on. Animals were running around so free.

I was so surprised that I ran to the stairs with joy and praised Kalzifer.  "Kalzifer! You move really the whole castle?"

"Yeah." He replied and took a piece of wood that I had gave him before. "You're incredibly Kalzifer. Your powers are stunning. You're really awesome!" I quickly ran up again too excided for my own good. 

"Do you really think like that?" I heard Kalzifer say and with a jerk the house ran faster. Amazing.

Reaching the top, I opened a door to the balcony beside the hallway. Baehko came to me and we both looked at the view.

"It's beautiful here." I said softly.

"We call it the sea of stars.", taught me Baehko and we stared in silence at the beautiful and quiet view. 

Suddenly I realized that Baehko looked at me. "What is it? ", I asked him.

"Nothing you seem suddenly much younger. Like a young boy with white hair. You're face is really something... " Baehko said confused.

"What?" I touched my face it was like always. Like a old man I mean not like the young boy I still was in the inside. I waved with my hand. Stop thinking about it.

"That cannot be. What is that?" I ask him to distract him from my figure. A stick was stuck in a crack in the castle scrap. This looks familiar.

Baekho and I both pulled on it. "Carrothead!", I said when I saw the turnip head. "How is that you alway lay upside? You like it?" With a jump the scarecrow flow away. He rotate in the air as if to give me an answer. That made ​​me laugh.

Again Baekho stared at me. This is unpleasantly. "How? Do you know it?", he asked me.

"This strange being seems to like me. It's seems like it followed me here."

"Rennie you're not really a magician, right?" 

"Of course, I am the most powerful and most popular magician, which exist here in the whole country!" Baehko just giggles at that. I really had tried to sound real wizardish.

"Apart from Master Minhyun." He called to me. "Of course." I sighed at that. 

I started to work again. At the lake Kalzifer stopped moving the castle. We had to dry the laundry.

Turnip helped us out and we sat down after work and drank a hot tea. I truly felt like an old housewife. Do the laundry finery, the house, taking care of the children and the pets.

I smiled and looked at the water in front of me. I had a great time. Better than I could dream of. I was at peace and I liked the atmosphere we had here.

I liked Baehko. Minhyun was a bit strange but so were magicians. I was glad to have met turnip too.

"Turnip seems to be a demonic being. Kalzifer is not upset when he is around." suspected Baehko. He must laugh again and again when he saw the scarecrow. Turnip bounced around and had a rope with all the washing around his stick.

"That could be. But he led me to this wonderful place here. I'm thankful to him."

Baehko didn't said anything. He smiled and ate cookies and drank his tea.

Oh my god. This boy really loved to eat.