The best can't choose the place

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»The best can't choose the place«

 

"Minhyun" called Ren and opened the door to see how Minhyun climbed back into the sky and disappeared. He was confused and was scared, but he understood what Minhyun wanted. What he meant.

Ren was happy but his emotions went haywire. He turned around and saw the slime monsters crawl slowly though the door and fury rose in him. He would do something. Minhyun couldn't die, wasn't allowed to die.

He went back into the house with a resolute facial expression.


 

The big bird flew over the dark clouds. He began to sink to the front and a new battleship was ready to drop bombs again.

The black bird flew toward it, watching it. Minhyun watched as flight monster appeared in front of him, suraounding him.

His mind was blank, he had only Ren in the head, staked his fragile body, his vulnerability. Minyhun knew that Ren wasn't that weak, he could protect himself. He was a strong man maybe stronger than him. But he had to do what he could. 

Minhyun had to protected Ren and the others and Minhyun could do it, he had to stop the war, no matter how. He had to give everything to protect Ren.

He flew fast to the monster and into a swirl of magicians, dressed in costumes and transformed into creatures, that can never again change to his human form. He briefly wondered if he was still in a position to do it.

He had too long and was too wounded in his transformation to bring up the power to reconver his own self. His wounds were too deep, and he had lost too much blood, he would die soon, but not before he had made a difference, not before he held Ren the last time in his arms.

He scratched and bit in the flesh of his enemies. He sat almost all his magic to most of the crowd to kill, to make airplanes burst and to save people, who were under fire and screamed for help.

It was a horrible sight, much worse than before. The war was now on his highlight and no one was more save. The terror and the chaos was too much for Minhyun's eyes and he turned away quickly and flew back in the air and did his work there. He tried and tried. Again and Again.

 Pain and new pain came to new wounds, severe, his bird body was covered with blood when a bomb brushed against him, because he was not paying attention for a brief moment.

In that moment, everything went black around him.

 

Ren stood at the door. Heard the sirens and crackling fire. He could hear the worry in Baehko's voice when he spoke to him.

But he couldn't answer right now. He had to think about the situation their were in. What to do? What to do to escape the chaos and how could he help Minhyun? What happened right now with him? Maybe he is already death?

Ren looked at his hand, his finger with the ring, that Minhyun had given him. He looked at it, the red stone and the silver tied so that all held together. He remembered the day he had been given it to him. The day where he had gone to the palace of the king to convince Madam Sulli that the  magican Minhyun was good for nothing.

But that was not true. Minhyun was brave and he took care of him and the others. Each individual in this house were now protected by Minhyun outside. Kalzifer guarding it in the house and outside the house Minhyun defended. Wait a moment!

Minhyun defended the house where they were in right now...

Ren looked up resolutely and turned the knob of the door, changing the color of the door and he opened it. The no-man's-land was now in front of him. It was raining heavily and the wind was blowing into the house. It was cold, but that was their chance.

Ren ran out into the rain and on the slope. He looked over it to his hometown in the air and saw a big battle ship in flames. A giant bird fought there with what looked like thousands of creatures for survival.

Ren felt burning tears in his eyes when he saw how the big bird fell in flames in the city under him and just before he crashed  he flew up again to attacked the aircraft. It exploded and Minhyun was in the middel. 

That wasn't right. Minhyun couldn't end like this, not for him. He watched in shock about how the plane crashed down and disappeared behind a cloud cover.

 He shook his head heavily. Don't think about it Ren. Minhyun is all right...

"Ren", Baehko shouted. "JR." He muttered as the straw man next to him jumped up and down.

Ren ran resolutely in the house, he had an idea. "Baehko come insde quickly."

He explained what to do, his plan was not perfect but he knew they had to try it. Kalzifer protest and agured with Ren, he wasn't sure and told that Ren many times. He was worried and incredulous. "This is crazy. We can't go away. There is nothing."

Ren took care of the former witch as he spoke. "We can't stay here. Unless Minhyun will continue to fight. I liked him better when he was just a coward! Can you get up?" He asked the witch and helped her. "Are we going for a walk?"

Baehko came down with the dog in his arms, dressed already and still under shock. He himself didn't knew how to take the plan seriously but he did knew that he didn't wanted for Minhyun to die.

He was the one who had taken him away from the streets. He was the one who helped him out and told him tricks and showed him the wonderful world of magic and real work. He learned the word family in this house. He loved everyone and the feeling of losing everything in this war made him going crazy. It was useless. If his best friend died, then was all he had done so far useless. 

Baehke focused again and watched the witch and Ren. Now he tried to discrat himself and looked at Ren, who looked now much younger, much younger than before. Baehko would say that Ren even looked younger them him. Ren was so fragile and thin. His face was free of wrinkles, his skin wasn't pale any longer and had a good reddish tinge. It looked really nice.

The only thing that remembered Baehko of the old man he first meet was Ren's long, grey hair.

"Madam Sulli will find us immediately." argued the demon, still unsure about the idea to leave the castle.

"She has already found us. If Minhyun is going to fight like that than he won't come back alive."

"Ren, the castle is falling apart." exclaimed an excited Baehko and looked around in surprise. 

"That doesn't matter anymore, please take care for grandmother, Baehko~ah."

"Alrigth" said the blonde and helped the old woman out of the house into the rain.

"You have to come too." Ren said to the fire demon, holding out a fire shovel. Confused and scared Kalzifer looked around, everywhere, just not to Ren and the shovel. He took a new piece of wood and shook his head. "No I cannot. In my contract stands that I'm not allowed to leave the hearth."

"Well if you aren't allowed, then I'll just have to get you from it." Ren said firmly, took fire on the blade.

"Wait! Stop! Stop it, let me down." exclaimed the fire again.

"When I leave the house then it breaks down." yelled it now into Ren's face.

"Good." Ren said, nodding. He walked carefully down the stairs. "We are all out there." reported Baehko him, watching carefully as Ren came down the stairs. "We also both equally." Ren answered him.

Kalzifer looked outside, the rain and began to speak again. "It's better if I go last, and don't make me responsible if anything happens." Ren nodded, turned and walked carefully out of the castle.

It was creepy. The hall disappeared into the dark. Everything was drawn on the inside of the castle. Pieces fell and Ren had to go with the others a step back. They watched together as their home crumbled into pieces.

The whole scrap fell off, brokenwood and stones fell to the ground. The sound of metal on metal corrosive penetrated into their ears. When all was quiet again they looked around. The whole castle was now just a pile of scrap metal, what it really was previously already.

First, no one said anything, just Kalzifer broke the silence. "I told you that it breaks down and it's raining too." He took his fire arms and tried to keep the rain.

What was nonsense of course and Ren knew that. He looked around, searching for an entrance to the castle ruins. "JR, help me to find an entrance. Baehko you take care of grandmother, ne?" said Ren and started walking.

"Grandmother you don't need to be afraid, I will take care of you and you will take care of me ne?." Baehko said seriously and squeezed her shoulder.

"Baehko come quickly we found an entrance." Ren said suddenly. JR, the Scarecrow came and he hopped away with the witch. Baehko could only stare but then afterwards moved. Once inside the house lay Ren Kalzifer down on  his old fireplace and sought dry wood. Unfortunately all the wood was wet and not necessary for the fire.

"The roof is leaking, that wood is wet.  I will go out...", said Kalzifer and nibbling on a little piece of dry wood. He devoured the wood to refuel some new energy but it didn't work. He felt weak, miserable, useless. Kalzifer wanted to do something and help but he could do nothing. Even the dog Minhoo helped and brought wood for his fireplace.

"Quick. Everything's all wet." whined the fire. He was just so useless, he hated that feeling.

"The house is empty isn't it?" Baehko asked as he looked around, and the took the witch to an chair, that Ren brought  for her.

"I have told you *gulp* If we had stayed in the house, Minhyun and I had protected you." the demon said, wood swallowing.

"Kalzifer. I beg you without you we cannot do it." said Ren suddenly with big eyes. He knew it was a lot for the little demon but Ren knew Kalzifer's power. It would be possible for him.

"I want to go to Minhyun, please move the castle one more time." or at least what's left of it, thought Ren and Kalzifer looked into his eyes.

"Eh? What," asked the fire confused. He didn't undestood at first then Ren had wanted to leave the house to save Minhyun. However that would help Minhyun. The fire thought about Ren's request but he knew that in his current situation he couldn't do much even if he wanted to but he heard Ren out.

"Kalzifer I think you can do manage it. I know you have an incredible power.", Ren said with all his heart. He meant what he said, really. He admired Kalzifer from his full heart.

"But this is not a real fireplace and the wood is more moist." admitted Kalzifer.

"You know sure the old saying: The best cannot choose the place.", Ren said smiling with honest eyes.

"Well this may be right but..." The demon chuckled and gave in. "After you say that. I agree with you."

"Kalzifer you're too pretty." said suddenly the witch from her seating position.

Ren, Kalzifer and Baehko just looked at her. What was that now? Kalzifer was the first to return to the topic. "I can do it but I need something from you."

"From me?" said Ren puzzled. What should Ren have  to entrust it to a demon?

"I can't handle it alone. Your eyes for example or arm." suggested the demon, watching Ren's reaction.

"Eyes? Arm?", the latter thought about it but he was sure he couldn't give the demon something important than that. He wouldn't give away his eyes, he wouldn't be able to see Minhyun ever again, even if their helped him. His arms? No, if he gave that away he couldn't hug Minhyun anymore or caress his face, his hair, his whole body. Ren shook his head and had an idea.

"Isn't alright if i give you my hair?" Ren kept his long white braid in his hands and held it out to Kalzifer. The fire took it and ate them. Ren's remaining hair fell back and now hung loosely around his neck. He didn't cared at all, he just hoped Kalzifer had now the power to move the rest of the castle..

They had no more time. What if Minhyun would have died already? But if than why was Kalzifer still here? What if Minhyun was seriously injured? Ren looked around as Kalzifer made the last step and smiled with relief. Now they could go and save Minhyun.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Epic Fail! ~.~

That was the most difficult scene I had to write. My english vocabulary was forgotten. I couldn't write a sentence probably.

 How should I write something like that down? Nobody can explain what all happens in this one scene in words. I'm so dead...kill me now.

I wrote this over and over again and it isn't even close to the original. Sorry guys!

[Maybe I add some things later or things I myself don't understand but not now...]