The move

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»The move«

 

Baehko stood outside with a rope in his big hands. JR was next to him and jumped on and off with the same rope tied around his stick. The old dog was beside the two and turned around in the grass and played with himself.

"Rennie, I'm ready," he called out to Ren and pulled on the rope. Ren was still in the castle at the entrance of the newly created hole of yesterday. The plane was still in the lock inside the castle.

Yesterday they had cleaned away the stones and wood but the plane was hard to get out and than in the night by wet wind... Impossible to clean. So they decided to do that in broad daylight. It was a beautiful day, the sky was clear and only a few clouds were visible.

Ren watched Baehko. "All right." he called back to him and walked quickly to the end of the aircraft. "Kalzifer open the mouth of the castle even further."

 The demon did this and opened the mouth of the scrap castle further. "We're ready to go!"

"Got it." Baehko replied firmly and pulled the rope. It was harder than they thought. It didn't move a bit after a few minutes. Ren got angry.

"Come on! Why don't ya move allready?" He called out and kicked exhausted the end of the aircraft with his foot. Suddenly it started to rotate and move up and down, the propeller of the plane was picking his way through the hole in the wall to the outside. Ren looked at the plane and held his hands in front of his face, to dodge the dust. Baehko and JR ran before the flying machine landed by them. They ran away and hid behind a stone just in time. The aircraft moved a few feet further until it finally gave up.

Baehko clapped his hands and laughed loud. He took the dog in his arms and turned with him in circles. JR did the same. If he could move his mouth he would for sure laugh with them.

Ren stood there, watching the scene. Baehko really was very childish for his age. Ren smiled and looked at them. 

 

Switch to Ren's P.O.V

 

I took a broom and made clean again once. "I've always known that this is only a pile of junk and not a castle." I complained to myself as I swept scrap from the hole away. "Come in to eat!" I exclaimed to the boys and made everything ready.

I sat down oppositeto to the old witch and helped her to eat. She watched closely the fire and muttered now and then something unintelligible.

"Eat grandma." I said, holding out a spoonful of soup to her lips. "Rennie listen, this is the witch from the no man's land!" said Kalzifer, watching my every action.

"That's allright" I said back and fed her on. I was a nice man, she reminded me a little of my grandmother who dead and to which I hadn't bothered much about, maybe I just wanted to make up for it. "She stares at me all the time."

The old woman turned her head toward Kalzifer again. "Isn't this a nice little fire." she said and smiled gently. I nodded and smiled. Kalzifer left it at that.

We heard footsteps coming down the stairs and saw a smiling Minhyun coming to us. I smiled at him. "Hi there.", he said. 

"Welcome back." He was good looking as always.

"Minhyun we can keep the dog, can't we?" asked Baehko and gave the dog a bacon strip. He smiled brightly.

"The dog of the sorceress Sulli and an old witch? Kalzifer why did you ever let them into the castle?" Minhyun asked, still with plenty of good mood. What was wrong with him today?

"You gotta be kidding me, huh? Both came with Ren flying in here." said the fire. I looked at him just grimaced my mouth. The fire couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Minhyun laughed and put his hands in his perfectly shaped hips. "That was definitely a big appearance." He said and went to the hole we had created yesterday evening. "So and you're JR?" He looked at me and grinned wide. Did I ever told him that the Scarecrow wants to be called like that?

"It's seems like you also have a mysterious spell. Our little family consists only of mysterious cases."

"He's such a nice young man," said smiling the old witch. Since she is probably right!

"Listen, we have to do a lot the whole day. We're moving!" blurted out Minhyun.

My face was just a big what-the-? "Moving...", I asked again.

"That's good. Here in the desert you can't even go shopping." said Baehko while eating his eggs.

"If we stay here Madam Sulli will find us faster than we would like." He turned to JR. "I must ask you to stay behind us, the magic that you radiate is too dangerous for us." JR jumped up and down. Minhyun made a thumbs up and smiled at us. "Than let's go."

 

 

Baehko helped Minhyun to paint the magic symbols on the ground. We were lucky that the sun was shining and it wasn't raining. The ground was so dry and we only had to remove the stones. I stayed with the witch and took care of them.

Later we all sat at the dining table and watched quite curious how Minhyun took Kalzifer away from his hearth with him to a small, painted with chalk symbols on the floor and stretched out his hand. It looked impressive. I've never had real seen magic spark with so much colors from nearby.

Sulli's magic and illusions couldn't compare with this.

He took a deep breath. His hair began to move as if a breath of air striped it. He twisted his hand in a strange way, and brought them over Kalzifer. The fire broke out. It was hard and horrible bright. I had to cover my eyes.

It all happened so fast. In a moment we were still sitting in an old dining room and in the next moment there were coming furniture pieces from all corners and walls. The house seemed to change completely. There were visible new doors and windows. The color of the walls were bright and everything looked so modern. Strangely familiar as it seemed. I looked closer than it was over. "It's done. You can come back down." Minhyun said happily to himself, he packed the demon back to his old / new fireplace.

"This is really great master and so big!" said Baehko and jumped off the table onto the floor with a loud big 'BANG'.The dog ran after him as he looked at everything very carefully.

"This is really a awesome little fire." Said grandmother. I stood up and looked around. Suddenly rang bells outside in the city that I knew somehow. I looked out the big window. A train passed and the black smoke took away my sight. I sighed and looked around the familiar details. "This is ..." I didn't quite admit it but memories came up in me.

"I've arranged a new toilet. Our family has grown quit a bit." said Minhyun and opened a door next to me.

He went in a different direction, and cried: "Rennie! Come here quickly Ren." I slowly walked over to him and looked at him my hands before me, I stood tall. Bit shy and scared that I would get to see now. The house was too familiar. It made me happy to see it again but the memories were frightening.

Minhyun smiled at me cheerfully and opened the door wide. "I've also done a bedroom for you. Take a look."

I went inside. It looked like my old work room. Slightly larger and on the counter where I had embroidered hats now laid colorful bags. I turned to face Minhyun.

"That's ... Why?" Why? How did Minhyun knew that this was my old home? Or he didn't know it? He just smiled mysteriously. "I thought only that maybe you would like to have your own room. You like it?" I nodded.

"Yeah, sure, it's just the perfect room for a caretaker." He didn't seem to heard my comment.

"I got you new things. Look at them later on. And now... Ren come here." He chases me around like allways. I smiled at his behave. I loved him for that. He was caring and too nice for this world. I sighed, looked out the window again, and followed him.

I couldn't have saw that my shape changed again. In my younger self. I just had no eyes for the large mirror in the corner. 

"A courtyard." xried Baehko when he opened the door and ran out with the dog Minhoo. He laughed like a happy child.

"There is a shop too." said Minhyun. The old, former witch was on the window and let the sun shine on her old face. She apparently enjoyed the fresh air but crowded city. She smiled and watched Baehko.

"Renni." Minhyun called again. I was standing behind him.

"I've changed the color of the door. We have a new outlet. You want to take a good look?"

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I have to end it here... Sorry it's short again and the next one who is coming is short as well... ~.~

Yeah, I'm now really in stress with all my fic's but I hope you enjoy reading and you're all not mad at me. ^^'

THX for your comments and the subscribtions!  I'm soo happy but please be honest with me!! <3

Bye~ See you later!? =3