Bombing

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»Bombing«

 

Ren went back into the house with Baehko.

The old witch was on her chair and breathed deep in as she took a sip of the cigar in her hands. "Madam Sulli is never going to get Minhyun." she muttered as she inhaled.

Minhoo, the dog jumped to Baehko and hid behind his leg.

Ren looked around, confused. The old witch was now awake in her chair and smoked a cigar. Where did she get that from?

The smoke was thick and rose corrosive in Rens nose, he saw to the witch a little grimly. She smiled in her seat and her whole face looked like she was enjoying her time. He just sighed and didn't said anything.

 Ren looked at Kalzifer and noticed that he was almost burnout.  He tried to put the fire back into his former state.

Baehko took  Minhoo and brought him up to his room. The dog couldn't stand the smoke. I believe he died in Baehko arms he was such a poor baby dog. He looked like he was going to cry. Could a dog even cry?

It was already dark and Ren was still trying to bring Kalzifer to burn. Baehko sat next to the witch, who had another cigar on and read the newspaper. 

"They write that we have won." The blond boy said, looking up, confused.

"Only fools believe what's in the newspaper." said the former witch, and exhaled deeply.

"Hmm." Baehko just staring at the newspaper, he tried to read between the lines and make sense of what was said there. Such a child, thought Ren and looked at Kalzifer with disbelief. 

"This is really strange. Kalzifer will not burn properly." He said annoyed but also worried about the fire. What is with him? Why is he like that? had somethig bad happened? But what should happen bad for a fire-demon?

"Grandmother won't you stop? It stinks terribly." Ren said now to the old witch. He couldn't slowly smell it any longer but he wouldn't  tear up like the poor dog. He thought about how he was doing as the older woman answered. He smiled slightly at the response of the old woman.

"One shouldn't take away the little pleasures from old people." Since she was now right again.

Well good if it's like that then we have to do something else to get ride of the smoke and smell, Ren thought to himself, looking around. A few clouds could be seen up in the sky but the air seemed clean.

"Baehko could you open the window?" He asked, turning around to help Kalzifer again.

"I will." Baehko said stood fast up and ran to the window.

"He shouldn't open the window dear. Kalzifers power decreases pretty strong. They come in for sure." The witch said, after a long inhaled of her cigar.

Who will come in?, asked Ren a little confused. His eyes widening as he understood. Sulli's followers were around and maybe their could finde the house easily when they could smell the smoke or hear their voices.

"Baehko wait." He said and was about to go to him as the house began to shake. Ren almost fell and stayed firmly pressed against Baehko chest. He hugged him tightly and both tried not to fall. When it was quiet again, Ren opened his closed eyes.

He looked out the open window, smoke rising from a neighbor's house and fire break out in the distance. He shuddered and closed the window quickly.

A bomb attack, Ren thought, and his face was grim. All this reminded him to much on his childhood and his father. He turned and looked into the room. Baehko stood in front of him. God thanks he wasn't injured, the former witch was still sitting on her chair, calmly like nothing had happened.

 Ren sighed, cursing the war. He ran out of the house and into the courtyard to see what exactly was going on outside. When he looked at the sky, he was terrified. The warships flew right over their heads and then they looked so close.

"Baehko go look after grandmother. I see in the store to make sure everything is alright." called Ren and ran. The shop hadn't been damaged so strong. A pair of flowers had fallen, and a mirror had a crack but otherwise everything was alright.

Out of curiosity, Ren went outside of the shop door and looked around. A house near him burned intensely and many people helped to put it out. Ren watched the events with concern. What if there was someone hurt, and now maybe...

Ren turned around when he felt a tingle in his neck and jumped back a little. What the? Green uniformed men, no, they weren't men or humans. Ren stared angrily as the rubber-like men came toward him. They grew and something like skin (?) let the uniform burst.  They grumbled something, staring at Ren with empty eyes.

"You're wasting your time. You should use it to help with the fire out there." said Ren and pointed to the fire of the other side of the street. Some of the creatures turned their heads in the direction of his finger. Ren smirked and ran into the house and locked the door twice.

What kind of idiots, he thought and ran back into the courtyard. He hear the door break down and he heard a strange sound that announced the arrival of the slime monster. But he couldn't move an inch. He looked frozen on his current place up to the ships obove him. It just threw bombs on the city, one flew straight toward him. On the house. He watched as she was getting near.

He stood there and everything went in slow motion. His breathing was the only thing he heard, he types of his heart and he felt a slight headache as his eyes began to burn.

A shadowy figure moving toward the bomb and the house. Was that Minhyun? Ren was shocked when he saw that a huge bird flew up to him, then his half-arms or wings (?) grabbed the end of the bomb, trying to stop it.

His heart stopped when he realized that it really had to be Minhyun.

Tears burned now in his eyes, from joy because he now knew Minhyun was still alive and from fear he would die here and now instand and right in front of him.

Minhyun grimaced when he saw the bomb as well. She flew direct to his beloved ones. He knew she would burst in their house. He moved quickly and flew to the big bomb, grabbing it fast and closing his eyes, using all his power he had to stop it. 

His whole body was burning and he felt like he was torn in half but when he heard his name and saw Ren standing there, unprotected and all alone in the courtyard. He putted more effort in his current action. No matter how much pain he had to endure he would protect Ren. He looked at the ground and whispered a little spell and landed hard on the asphalt.

The bomb didn't burst and everything and everyone wasn't destroyed within a seconde. Minhyun felt a little bit weak but he couldn't stop now. The danger was still there right above his head. He looked exhausted up and saw just more airships over the city.

He sighed in relief as he felt Ren's thin arms around him. He hugged him back, kissing his long hair.

The wizard was glad that Ren was now for a moment save and a small smile appeared on his lips.

Ren hugged him tightly, saying again and again his name.

"Today, I had too many enemies. I'm sorry." said Minhyun gentle.

Ren shook his head vigorously and smiled into Minyhuns chest. Happy to see Minhyun was doing well.

Ren's upright figure and slender body was pressed against his chest. Minhyun closed his eyes and inhaled deeply he wasn't sure if he would see Ren again. He had to enjoy every moment he had left. As he took another breath he smelled the smoke and the danger, the followers of the Sulli broke through the door of the shop, pressing and interfere with each other. He took Ren in his arms and led him out with his body to the safe house. He opened the door and took off Ren, spoke a little simple magic spell to bring the monsters back at the beginning, where their had started moving to the shop door. That would not last long but it would give them a little more time for a farewell.

"Master Minhyun! Rennie!" cried Baehko, who sat at the old witch side, happy and with tears in his eyes as he let go and went to Ren, hugging him tightly.

Ren felt a bit overwhelmed at first because of Minhyun, now that his warm and strong arms weren't around him, he couldn't hear his heart beat anymore and the feeling of being safe was gone. It made him happy just to see him from afar but he felt a little lonely. 

The second thing was that Baehko came to him and hugged him like there was no tomorrow. He felt like dying every seconds because Baehko was a bit too strong and showed a bit too much his affection torwards Ren. But he just smiled and hugged the blond and larger boy back.

The witch watched everything and looked at the bird man in front of her. She inhaled again and just watched without saying a thing.

"Kalzifer!  You have to pull yourself together!" Minhyun said to the fire that smoke but not burned. He helped him with a gesture of his hands and it burned much higher then before. The fire was gulped and suddenly spat of light appeared and shattered into many pieces. What was that?, wondered Ren and watched Minhyun exactly. What's he up to? 

The wizard went to the witch and held his feathery hand open. "Grandma, what are you smoke there is definitely a gift from Madam Sulli, isn't it?"

"The old woman had given me something strange to swallow." interfered Kalzifer. Ren was glad that the fire was back to normal.

"Huh? Isn't that the young wizard Minhyun? I would very much like to talk with you in peace." flirted the witch looking at his eyes.

"I would also like that grandmother but unfortunately we havn't time for that."

"How unusual. You're not going to try to run away." she took a breath og her cigar and pushed the last stalk in Minhyun's beautiful, strong hand.

What the hell?, Ren thought with big eyes. Minhyun didn't even seem to bother. He just smiled slightly. Such a strong man, dreamed Ren and shook his head harshly. How can I think about something like this in the current situation. We are all going to die and I maybe will not see Minhyun ever again if he leaves me. Ren pressed his lips together to not to scream out his thought.  

"See you later." said the man he just thought off and bowed his head before the elder one. 

Minhyun pressed the cigar in his hand and turned to the most beloved persons in his life. The young boy, Baehko looked sad but had a serious face.. He looked expectantly at Minhxun not shocked by his disguise as a bird and not at all surprised.

When he let his gaze and looked at Ren he almost faint. He looked at the boy in front of him, the man he had met back then in the street but now with white hair. That didn't bother him much. He smiled and quickly became serious. He couldn't risk wasting more time here, he had to protect the house. 

He looked back at Ren and made a decision. He went up to him and kissed his forehead.

"Ren dear you are staying here. Kalzifer will protect you and I will defend you out there." Minhyun went into door direction, leaving a Ren frozen behind. He ignored the pleading look of the handsome young man, who told him to stay with him and never leave him again but that wasn't possible.

Only when the war between the two kingdoms was sealed, than he could hope for peace.

"Wait Minhyun. You must not go! Stay here." exclaimed Ren suddenly and hugged him from behind. He uttered the word that Minhyun already knew. He wanted to stay here but he couldn't. He heard the danger coming close.

"The next attack comes, even Kalzifer cannot stop the bombs." He said, looking over his shoulder.

"Let's run away than and you must not fight." Ren said firmly and pulled Minhyun back into the room.

"Why not?" Minhyun said then, frightening Ren and the others in the room. "I ran away long enough. I've finally found someone I want to protect. Namely you." Minhyun added to it, amazed at his own words against another man, but he knew they were true. He loved Ren and wanted to do everything for him.

As he saw tears into the eyes of the man he loved it hurted so much he couldn't take it anymore. He flew out into the courtyard, rising high in the sky to keep fighting for the right to love.