Invitation to the King

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»Invitation to the King«

 

 

 

The next morning, the warships were sent to the open sea area. It was a celebration and the people wished the soldiers good luck and a save homeride. It was clear that not everyone was going to return so the parting was hard for a few mothers or friends. The other people were filled with pride and envy.

After the ships were gone completely the people began to settle down and rest. They weren't celebrateing anymore and everybody was tired but the mayor of the port city had to do something before he could easylie breathe again. 

The old man in green went with one of his assistants to the Wizard Jenkins and knocked on the door. It took a long time until the door was opened by a blond boy.

He wore a blue jacket and looked at him with honest brown eyes, he looked still a bit sleepy. "Oh, that's the mayor!", the man in green was greeted.

"The sun has risen already a while ago," mentioned the Mayor and wiped the sweat from his forehead. The boy's smile made ​​him a bit mad.

"Say, is master Jenkins at home?", he asked the young boy.

"No. I'm sorry, the master is not there. I represent him while he is away." The boy stood straight and raised a hand to shield the sun from his eyes. He looked like he had nothing to worry about.

"I have a message from the king, it will soon be a big war. He wants the wizards, witches and conjurers to do their best for the country. The wizard Jenkins may appear too." The mayor nodded affirming.

He saw this matter like the king did. What did the magician nowdays? Nothing, their just live here free for nothing. That is it. They should fight for the kingdom and help a bit out, the war would be sooner over and the damage wouldn't be that big.

He nodded to himself. "That will be all."

The blond boy took the letter and nodded slightly. "I'll tell him that." He bowed and closed the door.

 

Ren's P.O.V.

 

I had overheard the conversation between the two men. Master Jenkins? Where did I end up here? I thought it would be Minhyun's castle? Who was master Jenkins?

I put more pieces of wood to Kalzifers fireplace and rubbed my hands deep in thoughts. "A very bad thing, this war." I muttered under my breath as the blond boy, came up the stairs and looked at me.

"Will you perhaps say who you are?" He asked roughly. Whats with him?

"The fire let me in." I said good-naturedly but it sounded a bit weird.

"I didn't he was in the no man's land and than he came to us by himself.", cried Kalzifer the fire demon.

"Strange. You're not a magician right?" He asked and went to one of the dirty tables. He put the letter in a heavy book and looked back at me.

I was still standing at the fireplace. I a magician? I had to smile at that. If I was I wouldn't be here. 

Suddenly the door rang. Kalzifer called only 'port city again' and the blond boy walked quickly toward the door. "What is it this time? A customer? Wait a moment please!" He called out and opened the door with a smile and a silly looking cape around his shoulder.

A young girl stood there and looked shyly at him. She smiled at him and waved. "What shall it be?" the blond asked.

"My mother sent me because of our ship." And now? What do you mean by that?, I wondered. Where did the girl came from and the old man before anyway?  Aren't we in the valleys?

I went to the window and looked out. "So same as always." said the handsome boy and led the girl into the house.

"Behave yourself understood?" I did not know if he meant me or the girl. Outside it was day and the sky was clear. I saw the ocean and colorful houses. I saw a harbor and many people.

"That isn't the no man's land.", I muttered to myself. How did I get here? I felt a stare at my back and turned away from the window to see the girl watching me.

"Say you're a magician grandfather?" I was surprised at her question. Did I look like one? I looked down at me. I had my brown coat on and had just put on my hat. I look like a wizard with that? I decided to joke around a bit.

"Of course I am. I'm the oldest and most evil in the whole country." The girl giggled shyly.

So it wasn't that believable...

The blond one gave her a bag and took the money from here. "If you use this powder youre ship will have good wind." He accompanied the girl to the exit.

"Thank you." He said, smiling and waving at the girl that left the shop. When he smiled he looked really pretty but as he turned around to me he looked a bit angry. 

"You cannot tell these things to costumers!", he said and shook his head at me. This boy..! 

The doorbell rang again. "This is the Kingsbury door!", cried Kalzifer and the blonde turned the doorknob. Ignoring my half open mouth as reaction to his behaviour against a older.  

A servant of the king stood at the door, with mustache and a letter in his hand.

"Hello. Lives the wizard Pentragon here?" The boy just nodded.

"I have an invitation from the king. Please send Mr. Pentragon out. We would be delighted if he came to the palace any time soon."

Pentragon? Palace? I didn't know anymore where my head was or why my wohle body was. Where am I god damn?  When I looked out the window I saw tall buildings and plants. Weren't there a moment ago a harbor?

I went to the door and down the stairs. That I must watch from nearby. I was really curious on how this house or castle worked if there were different exits.

"Thank you I'll speak to him." Blondy said and bowed slightly but with respect. The mustache man went to his car and drove off waving. 

I stepped outside. Vey luxuriously houses stood there and a big castle in the background with garden and so on. There would have to live the king. Many people were running down the streets with expensive clothes and parasols. In the air drove small flying machines around and transported the very rich people to the castle or to other expensiv and large looking buildings.

I took a deep breath. I had never seen something like this from close. "This is really a city that fit's for a king." I said enthusiastically.

"Come in or you lose your nose.", said the blond boy and pulled me into the house. He closed the door and went upstairs.

"Please don't wander around!" I grinned and looked at the door closer. I wasn't going to anyway.

There was a knob the boy had just turned. It had a peephole with a red color. I looked upwards and saw a small hub on the door by the bell as well. A small arrow pointing to the red area. What if I turn the knob? I did it because I was curious and the arrow jumped to the green arrow. Heavily I opened the door.

The valley, wet and foggy appeared before my eyes. I stepped out and looked around. It was cold and cloudy. That's interesting I thought and went quickly back inside to turn again.

I giggled slightly. That was kind of fun. Another rotation and the arrow jumped to blue. The port city was now outside. I saw people happy and laughing along the streets. What a peaceful and beautiful place.

I stepped back into the house and was about to turn to black as the blond boy stopped me.

"Behave yourself now or I'll get angry." he exclaimed, looking at me seriously. "This here is a magical house isn't it?" I asked him.

Annoyed, he sighed but he smiled. "Yeah." He looked kind of funny.

"And what is if the doorarrow comes to black?"

"Only master Minhyun knows this. I'm hungry.  I'm going to make some breakfast now." They heard the boy's stomach growl loudly. He held his stomach and ran to a shelf. There he took a cheese plate and bread. He his lips.

Poor young boy. He looked as if he would starve. I walked over to a chair and looked at the table next to a basket full of eggs and a pate of bacon.

"I can make you a hot meal. The ingredients are all there." I said to the boy as I pointed to the said ingredients.  

"If Minhyun not there, we cannot use the fire." The boy explained. Oh, yeah? I watched Kalzifer.

"I'm going to be so nice and cook for you." I said with the eggs in one hand and the bacon in the other. I didn't have this hellish back pain any longer so I could carry this by myself. 

"This isn't going to work. Kalzifer obeys only Minhyun orders."

"So it is. On me is nothing fried. Forget it!", The fire turns away from me. I took off my hat and coat and crack with my finger bone.

"So Kalzifer be a good little fire." I push up my sleeves and took a pan. He looked at me as if I was the crazy one.

"I said forget it! I don't take your commands for real.", cried the demon and puffed out his chest. Again sparks landed on my pants. I was going to get angry, my pants looked almost like a cheese just because the fire was too stubborn and to proud of himself.

"I am a demon!!", he repeated and stretched out his tongue at me. 

This was it, he wanted to play funny? Alright. You are a demon and nw I am a mad man.

Listen, I can be so sarcastic if you want.