He's coming home

Howl's Moving Castle with some difference

»He's coming home«

 

 

 

"If you don't like it, I'll pour a bucket of water over youre firehead."

Whispers I added, "Or maybe should I tell master Minhyun about our little trade?"

"Crap!" hissed Kalzifer "This old man... I shouldn't have let him in." The fire looks at me strangely.

"And what do you do now?", I asked with a raised eyebrow, waiting impatiently.

With the power that I had, I put the pan on the fire and pressed it down. Kalzifer tried to fight my action off but then he let me go do it. Even though I may seem old, I'm still in the spirit of a young teenage boy.

"What for a good fire you are." I said with a grin and grabbed two slices of bacon and put it in the pan.

"Kalzifer actually does what the old man says...", marveled the blonde and looked at me from his seat with admiration in his  wide open eyes.

"You certainly want some tea too?! I saw him nodding. "Get one pot then.", was all I said to it and smiled to myself.

"You're acting like an old woman instead of an old man. Aren't they usual way too stubborn and for nothing to use?" The boy asked, curious and looked for a clean pot.

Now you serious or what? I just wanted to be friendly. I didn't knew how old people usually behaver. I'm just a teenager. 

Suddenly the doorbell rang and jumped on black.

"Master Minhyun you here again!" The boy said happily and clapped his hands as he put the clean pot down on the table. He looked so excited and his eyes changed from playfully to one of the happiest persons in the whole world.

"It arrived letters from the king.", he mentioned as he took Minhyun's coat off.

I looked up, watching the two in awe. The young handsome man from back then was suddenly standing next to me. He stared at the fire with a small grin on his handsome face. He warmed his hands and chuckled slightly as he watched the flesh sizzle.

I went on with my cooking. That cannot be you right? Then the young man with the red hair was master Minhyun from the start? I was confused and a bit irritated. I thought about it before but it was just insane for me to believable in.

"Kalzifer? You do what he asked from you?", asked Minhyun and smiled now gently. "He has forced me!", the fire complained loudly.

"So it is possible... Nobody did that before with you. I'm impressed." He his long hair out of his face. "Old man who are you anyway?"

Now what? I knew this question would come but what should I answer to it. Not that he knew my name or anything, I didn't told him at the market square and I looked completely differently. I was old and looked like a geezer now.

"I am ... Ren. I-I am the new cleaning lady here in the castle. Ahhh! Um, I meant the new janitor, if one may call it like that.", I was confused, was I really going to take car of this dirty house? I think I just dugged my own grave.

Aish, even when would he allow me to stay here? I was old and wrinkly and maybe I seemed weak.

But I had no place in this world anymore, he just had to let me stay. I couldn't get back to my family or to the hat shop. They wouldn't recognize me.

Minyhun disn't look bad or aggressive either so maybe he allows it.

I sadly shook my head and looked at him with wide eyes, trying to act a little bit cute. Maybe it works even in my age. He was much bigger than me I noticed suddenly. I walked hunched over and crooked.

A few days ago I was almost as tall as he was. I bit my lip at that thought and sighed again.

"Let me do it." He pushes me gently away and took the pan out of my hands.

"Give me one more bacon and 8 eggs, please. " I did it. I was happy that he didn't asked any further. He gave the eggshells to Kalzifer and with a slight movement of the hand he beat another egg to the other two already in the pan. I wouldn't done it like that or better I can't do it like that. I was amazed at this little cooking skill from him.

The tall magican was really awesome in looks and handwork.

"Yummy. More.", muttered Kalzifer.  Weakly I grimaced a face. Seriously? I mean he is eating eggsshells...

"And who hired you as the new janitor?", Minhyun suddenly asked me out of nowwhere. He doesn't seemed really interested but he asked so I would answer honestly.

I smiled lightly as I thought about my answer carefully. "I hired myself. A dirty house like this can be found only once. " Oops. That was mean. Minhyun didn't seem to bother about what I just said but I felt a little bit guilty even if it was the true.

Minhyun continued on the fried eggs and bacon and made only an approving noise.  "Yah! Baehko, get plates and cutlery! " he shouted, and turned away from the fire. I just stood there.

"You have conspired against me, all of you.", cried Kalzifer and sprayed sparks. "Yah! Pass on my pants lease!", I wispered to him.

"Ren you too!" Baehko said in a gentle voice. I turned to the two and nodded. It wasn't easy to be old. I felt between the two ancient. They were so young and still had their whole life in front of them. I hadn't even lived mine.

I coughed slightly and sat down. The place reeked of dirt. I quickly wiped away a little of it.

Ren was offered food and tea was poured. Baehko handed me silverware. "Just pick one from them. These are the only ones that are still clean." He held up two spoons and a fork. Gratefully, I took a spoon and cleaned it a bit. I was happy.

So far had everything worked out. Thought I am old and not that good looking I have still a young soul in my right? My life was not so bad.

Minhyun cut bread into three pieces and handed them to us. "Here Baehko for you and one for Ren."

"Thank you." we both said at the same time and looked at us. We smiled at each other.

"Let us eat and be thankful for our daily bread." Are we here in a church? Stop it! Stop being so sarcastic, I said to myself and thanked still for the bread.

Baehko ate like a pig. He has probably no manners.

Suddenly Minhyun asked me something really strange. "Will you tell me what you've got in your pocket?"

"Huh?" I had nothing in my pockets. Precautionary I grabbed in my pants pocket and pulled out a red piece of paper. Where comes that from?

"Give it to me!", said Minhyun and I gave him the folded paper. As he wanted to touch it, it went on fire and it fell on the table. There it burned into the timbre and a strange stigma was showen.

"Master Minhyun... It burned!", said Baekho. As we hadn't seen it with our own eyes, Baehko please~ "Isn't that ... "

"Yes youre right. It is a very old and powerful spell.", said Minhyun. "Who was it? The witch from the no mans land?"

Minhyun read out loud the weird symbols or message and shocked us a bit with it.

'You, the one who catched a shooting star. Man without a heart. Your heart will soon be mine."

Minhyun stares at the table. "Well, the table is now ruined." With his open palm, he went grimly with his hand over the stigma and like a miracle it disappeared. Aftet that Minhyun held his burned hand. It must have hurt a lot than he frowned and looked still focused.

"That burned is now gone but the spell cannot disappear so easily." He looks at me briefly and stands up.

"Eat more! I still need to get something done." He goes to Kalzifer and ordered him to move the castle hundred kilometers.

"Oh and please heat the bath water for me.", smiling he goes to the stairs. "What this to?" said Kalzifer but with these last words Minhyun disappears upstairs.

Baekho turns suspicious to me. "Yah old man. Are you spying on us? Youre send by the old witch right?"

Suddelny I got really angry. "Don't speak such a nonsense! I hate the witch from the no man's land ... and I .... in truth ... I am ... " Why can't I continue to talk?

"Damn!" I yelled out in anger and beat my fists on the table. Quick the blonde saved his food and stares at me in surprise and shock. His mouth opened dumbfounded and his eyes were wider than the ocean. 

"Next time I see her I don't know what I do than. Hell breakes down than! Aish. Let me now continue eating." and he let me, silence for now.