Hide-and-seek

My Idol Star Boyfriend

[Seungyeon’s POV]

I was woken up by a call coming from his cellphone, as he was sound asleep; I answered it, “Hello.”

“Why didn’t you call me yesterday,” the person answered without realizing that it was Yesung who is answering it.

My determination to continue it dropped another twenty percent as I replied, “He is still asleep,” I tried my best not to sound upset.

She said, “Oh, Seungyeon-sshi, I’m sorry, I thought it was oppa. I’ll call back later.”

I asked, “Do you want me to inform him that you called, Yoona-sshi?”

She replied, “Its okay. Goodbye.”

I put down his cellphone and went down. My mind is in a mess now, I don’t know if I should continue our ‘so-call’ relationship. Yoona is definitely a better girlfriend material, she is so much prettier than me, she can sing and dance, and she is every guy’s dream girl. My determination dropped another twenty percent again.

I hugged my knees as I sat on the couch. I heard footsteps coming from the corridor, I decided to use Nicole as an excuse, I pretended, “Cole, are you alright? I’ll be coming down now.”

As I walked past him, he grabbed my hands and said, “I’ve got something important to tell you.”

I lied and said, “We’ll talk tonight.” I ran back to my room, washed up and changed; I wore skinny jeans, off-the-shoulder top and boots. I tied up my hair into a ponytail and headed straight out. I called Nicole, “Cole, are you still sleeping?”

Nicole answered in her sleepy voice, “Unnie, are you alright?”

I sighed and answered, “Can I come up your house?”

She replied, “Yes, you may.”

I made my way to her house and her mother opened the door for me. I sat at the living room and waited for Nicole who is washing up. As soon as she sat down beside me, I hugged her tight and started crying.

I mumbled, “Cole, I’m tired, very very tired.”

She comforted me, “Unnie, why didn’t you tell him?”

I didn’t answer her and just carry on crying. I’ve fallen for him, for real. But his interaction with Yoona is making me think twice of confessing. Just then I received a call, “I’ll meet you at the café beside the company.”

I said to Nicole, “He called me out; I’ll talk to you again.”

I went down to the café and saw him sitting there drinking coffee, he asked, “Your eyes are red, you cried?”

I shook my head and said, “Why do you ask me out?”

He took a sip of his coffee and said, “Nothing, I just wanted to see you.”

I stood up and said, “I don’t have time for such nonsense.”

He stood up and hugged me, murmuring, “I miss you, I really miss you.”

As we are in the café exclusive room, no fans are able to see the inside. I pushed him away and said, “From the day we broke up, I told myself not to fall for you again. My heart is dead, did you hear it?”

He said, “For you, I didn’t disguise myself today.”

I shook my head and said, “It’s no use. We are over.”

He asked, “Ask yourself, are you happy in your current relationship? Do you really love him?”

I answered straight forwardly, “Lee Jinki, I’m going to tell you, no, I’m not happy but yes, I love him.”

There was an awkward silence before he said, “I’ve lost,” not before I spotted a trail of tears rolling down.

I went back to the office and as I’m approaching the practice room, I saw Yoona hugging him; he didn’t back off or anything. I took a few steps back and went back home. I knew that, we are over. I went back my room and packed my stuff. I took a last look at the apartment before leaving the keys behind.

I hid in the apartment that Jiyong owns. I don’t intend to let anyone know of my whereabouts. I need to give myself some time to sort thing out.

[End of POV]

[Yesung’s POV]

Yoona came and find me and gave me tips on how to confess, she taught me the tips and Yuri was beside us teaching me on tips of confessing too. I thanked them and as promised, I treated them to lunch.

I went back to the practice room and Nari asked, “I thought I saw Seungyeon just now.”

I looked at her and asked, “She came?”

Nari nodded her head, “As I’m coming in, I saw her walking out, I called her name but she didn’t answer me.”

I started calling her cell phone but the line went dead each time I called. I told the members, “Her phone is off.”

The members starting calling her too, sensing something is amiss, I went back home and indeed, the key is left on the counter, her room is clean. I went back to the office dejectedly and said, “She left.”

“Left as in,” Eunhyuk asked.

I sighed, “She took all her stuff and left.”

Eunhyuk exclaimed, “Yesterday, I met her at the gym, she answered some weird stuff and she don’t seems like her usual self.”

“What did she said,” I asked frantically.

Eunhyuk answered, “I asked if you two are still having cold war, she said, she don’t know, she meant you don’t seem THAT happy with her.”

As I’ve schedule at night, the members helped to find her, they called her but to no avail. We tried all ways to locate her, but we don’t have any idea. I called Nicole but Nicole said that she left early in the morning to meet me, but I didn’t call her in the morning.

Nicole answered, “Ah! Is it him?”

I was confused, “Him? Which him?”

That is when I got a surprising answer, “Before you two got together, she was with Jinki-oppa.”

“Jinki?” I asked again, prompting her to give me more update about that guy. His name sound so familiar.

“Ah! Jinki-ah, why are you so free?” Leeteuk shouted towards the door.

I said to Nicole, “SHINee’s Onew!”

She replied, “Yes.”

After we ended the call, I went towards Onew and gave him a punch on the face. All the members are shocked and they restrained me.

Onew wept off the blood from his mouth and said, “Ouch.”

Leeteuk helped him up and shouted at me, “I know that you are frustrated, but how can you hit him?”

[End of POV]