Our ‘not-so-good’ first meeting

My Idol Star Boyfriend

[Seungyeon’s POV]

“I’m tired of waiting,” I sighed as I sat at the bench at the park, “why am I always the one waiting?”

I was about to leave when I bumped into someone, or did the person bumped into me? I can’t really make out who is at fault, I looked up and apologize, “I’m sorry,” his cap fell and he quickly picked it up. I gasped and shouted, “You are Yesung of Super Junior?”

By now, I could hear sounds of people running towards our direction, he looked at me and pulled me away as we run to avoid getting ‘trampled’ by fangirls. We stopped at one of the alley, he let go of my hands and scolded, “Do you know that you could get ‘killed’?”

I frowned and answered, “If getting killed can solve everything, I’ll rather get killed.”

He tilted his head and frowned too, “You must be crazy,” he muttered as he went to check on the situation.

I don’t bother to check on the situation and just walked out; I turned back and said, “It’s safe.” As I make my way home, I wonder, is idol life like this? When I reached the entrance to my condominium, I saw a familiar figure waiting at the life lobby for me. He is heavily in disguise, with shades on, a mask on plus a black hoodie. One look at it, I knew it was him, but I am angry with him hence I decided to ignore him. As I walked past him, he grabbed hold of my wrist and asked, “Where did you go? Aren’t we supposed to meet at the park?”

“You are late,” I looked at him showing my ‘don’t-talk-to-me-i-am-angry’ face and continued, “Why am I always the one who does the waiting? I’m tired of waiting, you know?”

I laughed and said, “How would you know that I’m tired because you never learn from your mistake.”

He slowly loosens the grip and said, “Yes, I really don’t know that you are tired. Maybe we should take a break.”

In a fit of anger, I answered, “Yes, we SHOULD,” I emphasize on the word, ‘should’.

He nodded his head and was about to leave when I said, “I think we should just break up.”

He didn’t say a word but nodded his head, which is one thing I dislike; he never bothers to try to change the situation whenever we quarrel. He never even bothers to ask me to stay when we are on the verge of breaking up. Everytime, I was the one who asked him to stay. We have being together for close to five years. Ever since he was a trainee, we have being together. But there is a change in him after he debuted; we have to go out secretly, why he didn’t let the whole world know that we are together. Also, the time we spent with each other is getting lesser and lesser. I never once complained to him and for majority of our dates, he is late, no matter how much I nagged at him, he didn’t change.

I give myself three seconds to let him persuade me to give the relationship another chance, “1, 2, 3,” I laughed at my foolishness and sighed, “As usual, he doesn’t bother.” I turned and went into the lift. I vowed to myself, “I’ll never date an idol again.”

I was still having my beauty sleep when I was woken up by ringing of my cellphone, “Hello,” I answered in my just awake voice.

“Babe, you are famous now,” Nicole one of my best girl pal shouted in the phone.

“Cole, what are you talking about, I’m tired you know,” I said straight-forwardly.

Nicole explained, “Babe, twitter, facebook and internet news is all about your secret date with Super Junior’s Yesung.”

With my eyes closed, I listened to what she said until my brain started filtering out keywords, ‘secret’, ‘date’, ‘super junior’, ‘yesung’, I opened my eyes and exclaimed, “Nicole, you aren’t kidding me right? I just broke up yesterday.”

After I ended the call with Nicole, I went to on my laptop and indeed, pictures of us running and me exiting the alley surface while my name is not mentioned but from the look of the pictures it can’t be seen clearly that the girl is me.

I sighed and decided to head down to SM headquarter to explain the situation. First, I don’t want to get anti; second, I don’t want him to misunderstand me. I dressed myself up, an off the shoulder top and a shorts couple with a pair of boots. I wore a shade just in case his countless of fangirls recognize me. I dreaded going there but for the sake of myself, I’ve to go.

Once I reached the entrance of SM headquarter, I wowed at the amount of fans outside, actually I don’t know how I could get in by the way, I loiter around behind the at least a hundred or more fans. But unknown to me, I was recognize by a few fans who then alerted the other fans. They starting crowding around me, well they didn’t do anything bad to me, but some say hurtful comments to me. I was eventually saved by the male lead of the news article – Yesung. He disperse the crowd and pulled me into SM headquarter. He brought me to the meeting room and asked, “Aren’t you afraid of getting anti?”

I nodded my head, removed my shades and explained, “I’m afraid of getting anti, that’s why I’m here to explain the whole situation.”

[End of POV]

[Yesung’s POV]

No matter what, I must solve this issue as soon as possible. I looked at her and what she is wearing now is not enough to provide her warmth. I took off my coat and placed it over here. She was shocked at my sudden action and murmured, “Thank you.”

I mustn’t think of myself, if I denied the issue, fans will think that she is the one pestering me and who knows what will happen to her. But if I admit the issue, fans will start giving me more freedom, but also, some will not give us support.

I asked, “What’s your name?”

She looked at me with her puppy eyes and answered, “Han Seungyeon.”

I came up with a solution, “Be my fake girlfriend.”

She looked up at me and said, “Uh?”

I explained, “Look, if I said that we are not together, fans will think that you are the one pestering me. But if I said that we are together, they will try to accept that fact and give me more freedom too.”

She nodded her head and complained, “So, it seems like you have more advantage than me. That’s so unfair!”

“Fine, look, if you helped one, I’ll owe you a favour,” I said, trying to convince her.

She tilted her head and answered, “Alright then.”

I then brought her to the press conference room; I held her hands and walked towards them. I took the microphone and said, “Good morning everyone, I’m Super Junior’s Yesung. The news that photographed our secret date is absolutely true and I’ll like to introduce my girlfriend to everyone. She is my girlfriend, Han Seungyeon.”

Reporters started bombarding us with questions until the CEO Kim stepped in, “Everyone, this is the end of the press conference, thank you for coming.”

I was asked to go into the meeting room with the CEO Kim and Lee Soo Man-Seonsaengnim, CEO Kim asked straight to the point, “How long must you being dating the girl?”

I lied, “We just started not long.”

He scoffed and said, “Yesung-sshi, and you got caught by paparazzi so soon.”

I stood up and bowed ninety-degrees, “I’m sorry for causing troubles to the company.”

Lee Soo Man-Seonsaengnim smiled and said, “I don’t think it’s a bad thing, look, Yesung-sshi is old enough and it’s time for him to date. Yesung-sshi, you must really cherish your girlfriend.” He stood up and gave me a pat on my shoulder as he leaves the room.

[End of POV]