Chapter 39

My CEO Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** SPECIAL UPDATE ***

 

"CHANCES ARE THERE NOT JUST TO CORRECT MISTAKES. BUT TO DETERMINE WORTH."

 

EUNHYUK POV

 

Right after breakfast, I received a call from Kyuhyun, asking if I could go and watch over Mi Rae for a couple of hours for he needed to attend a very important meeting with potential Chinese investors. And since I have nothing to do, not to mention I love spending time with his daughter, I accepted his offer.

 

After dressing up, I pick up my phone and type in a quick message for Donghae.

 

To: My CEO boyfriend

From: Lover boy Eunhyuk

Hi baby! I’ll be going to fetch Mi Rae-ah from school today. Kyuhyun asked me to watch over her till he’s done with an important meeting. Want us to drop by your office?

I miss you already. ^__^

 

In less than a minute, I received a reply that reads,

 

From: Your CEO boyfriend

To: Gorgeous Hyuk

You don’t know how much I miss you, babe ><

I’m about to go for a lunch meeting with Leeteuk hyung and some officials from Taiwan Business Club and I can’t assure what time we’ll be back. I’m sorry :'((

 

To: My CEO boyfriend

From: Lover boy Eunhyuk

Such a workaholic lover I have in here! Hehe ^^ Enjoy your meal then.

You’re mine okay? I love you

 

From: Your CEO boyfriend

To: Gorgeous Hyuk

It’s for OUR future ^^ kiss Mi Rae-ah for me.

Yes YOURS. I love you too

 

A sheepish grin curved from my lips when I read his last message. “It’s for OUR future…”

 

 

 

‘YOU’RE NOT YET PROPOSING, SILLY FISH!’

 

-----*****-----

 

I arrive just in time for Mi Rae’s dismissal. I hopped down my car – Yes! I drive my own car now. All thanks to the handsome fish that is my future husband, Donghae – and trudge my way towards the gate, waving my hand when I saw the little Cho walking to my direction.

 

“Eunhyuk samchon!” she chirped and literally throws herself to my arms.

 

“Hey, sweetie. How was school?” I ask after I put her down on her feet.

 

“Teacher Im gave me three stars today, samchon!” she proudly shoves her hands for me to see the said stars.

 

I reach a hand to ruffle her soft black hair, “Our little princess is smart. Like her Kyu appa.”

 

“And beautiful like Wook appa!” she said, lips forming a sweet and innocent smile.

 

I feel my heart clenched painfully when reality hits me. Her parents will soon be going their separate ways but still she’s clueless about it. The hardest part, I guess, for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook is how they will explain the divorce to their daughter.

 

 

“Y-yes sweetie. As beautiful as Ryeowook appa.” I look down at her once again, “What do you want to eat, princess? It’s already past lunch time.”

 

“Porkchops! I want to eat porkchops!”

 

“Alright then. Let’s go and eat Mi Rae’s favorite porkchops!”

 

-----*****-----

 

As I watch Mi Rae eats everything on her plate, I can’t help but to think about Ryeowook. My brother is strong, I know he is, but at this point of his marriage I know he’s breaking. The last thing I want for him is to experience depression… again … for the third time.

 

“Samchon?” I felt soft hands tugging my pinky finger that’s resting on top of the table. “Why aren’t you eating? You don’t want porkchops?”

 

“No sweetie. I love porkchops but Eunhyuk samchon is quite full right now. Go on. Eat some more.” I diligently slice more for her before transferring to her plate.

 

“Mi Rae-ah, do you miss your Ryeowook appa?” I ask the little princess after sipping on my cold iced-tea.

 

“Yes, samchon. I miss him soooooo much. Do you know where he is right now? Can we go and see him?”

 

I give her a sad smile, “I wish I knew where he is, sweetie. But like Mi Rae, Eunhyuk samchon don’t know where Ryeowook appa is. What about Kyu appa? Is he missing your other appa?”

 

“Of course he does, samchon! I always caught him looking at Wook appa’s picture and then he’ll cry.”

 

That statement made me smile a hundred volt. He was indeed still in love with my brother.

 

“Finish your food, sweetie so we can go to the mall.”

 

“Really, samchon?”

 

“Yes, sweetie and after that we can buy some ice cream too.”

 

“Thank you, samchon!”

 

“You’re welcome, Mi Rae-ah. Eat.”

 

Smiling, I watch her as she continue eating her favorite porkchops, which happens to be her Kyu appa’s favorite too.

 

-----*****-----

 

Couple of hours later, Mi Rae and I went home at Cairnhill. I let her sleep for a while as I went inside the kitchen to start preparing dinner. I’m currently slicing the vegetables when my phone went off. After washing and drying my hands, I answer the call, putting it on loudspeaker.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Good afternoon. Do you happen to be related with Lee Ryeowook?”

 

Sudden flash of panic came over me when I heard the name of my brother spoken by a complete stranger.

 

“Y-yes I am. He’s my brother. Did something happen?”

 

“We found him unconscious inside his hotel suite burning with fever. We are in the hospital right now and the doctor is looking for his relative.”

 

I almost fall on my knees when he said that. Oh no! Not again!

 

“What hospital?”

 

“Seoul National University Hospital.”

 

“I’ll be right there. Please take care of him for me.”

 

“Sure we’ll do.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter