Chapter 27

My CEO Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"THE WORST THING ABOUT BEING LIED TO IS KNOWING YOU'RE NOT WORTH THE TRUTH."

 

EUNHYUK POV

 

“Good afternoon, Mr. Grey. You wanted to see me?” I asked.

 

I am inside a luxurious office of William Carrick Grey, Choi family’s lawyer here in California. I first met him during a gathering few months after Seunghyun and I got married. We instantly get along because of his cheerful yet intellectual personality and not to mention his love for dancing. He wasn’t a Gollum looking lawyer with eye glasses instead he was a tall, dark, and handsome and young lawyer. Women always swoon over his handsomeness but unfortunately for them, Attorney Grey is married.

 

He lifts his head from the document he was reading and greets me with a smile.

 

“It’s William, Aiden Choi. Seems like you already forgot you used to call me that before your husband died.” He rose from his executive chair; eyes affixed to my direction, and ask me to take a seat.

 

“Can I offer you anything?”

 

“Water will do. Thank you.”

 

He walks over to his personal ref and grabs two bottled water. Sitting in across the couch infront of me, he handed me a bottle with a warm smile on his face.

 

“So William what’s up?”

 

“I should be asking you that, Aiden. How are you?”

 

“You want to hear an honest answer?”

 

“Have it your way.” He answers plainly.

 

Ever since Seunghyun was diagnosed with cancer two years ago, William and his wife, Angela never leaves our side. They’ve been with us every step of the way which made our relationship becomes a lot stronger. In those nights that I’ve been crying over Seunghyun's condition, Angela would always be at my side together with Junsu. The three of them had been my pillar of strength during the most difficult part of our marriage.

 

“I’m not actually fine, William. After his death I always have nightmares. Every time I’m ready to move forward, his memories will come uninvited and the last thing I know, I’m stuck.” I muttered.

 

“Did he hurt you in your dreams? Did he say something?” he questions.

 

“No he didn’t hurt me. But he keeps on saying “sorry” and “please forgive me”. It’s always been like that. I’m getting scared already.” I fidget with the hem of my shirt as if I’m lost.

 

Cocking his head to the side, William gives me an uncertain look.

 

“Aiden, the real reason I asked you to come is that I wanted to give you something.”

 

“What is that?”

 

From the pocket of his silver coat, he handed me a white envelope. I tentatively reach for it, nervousness already creeping out from the deepest part of my body.

 

“Your late husband gave that to me one week before he died.”

 

“He did?”

 

“Yes. I hope that letter will answer all your questions. It’s the least I can do to help you move on.”

 

There so many thoughts running inside my mind on what the letter is all about. I’m nervous because I might find out something too revealing for my fragile heart to handle. Yes I’m used to pain and suffering but at this point in my life I’m completely positive that I can’t handle another one. I’m still hurting with the lost. Our relationship might be rough at first but as we go along, I learned to trust and love him genuinely. Second, I’m excited. Maybe it’s something to do with what William said that this letter will somehow enlighten my mind that was clouded with questions.

 

“Aiden, you told Angela that you are planning to go back to Korea. Is that true?” he inquire.

 

After securing the letter inside my denim vest, I look at him and nodded.

 

“Yes William. Junsu is finalizing everything. As soon as we have the go signal, we will go back to Korea... for good.”

 

His defined jaw almost drops when I said that.

 

“For good?” he asks, hopeful that my answer will be a NO.

 

Unfortunately for him, it’s a YES.

 

“I hate to say this but it’s for good, William. I already thought about it even before my husband died. I think five years was more than enough sacrifice.”

 

The lawyer, who is terrible at aegyo, pouts his reddish lips and brings on his puppy blue eyes to coax me to not continue with my plan.

 

“Oh please William stop doing that! Accept it, aegyo doesn’t suit you.” I joke.

 

“At least I try. So when are you planning to leave?” he brought back his handsome face which makes me laugh quite longer than I expected.

 

“Hey stop laughing! I know I , I’ll practice more okay?” he himself is laughing because of his foolishness.

 

“You should, William.” I said as I calmed down from my laughing spree.

 

We continue to chat until his secretary, Mia barge into the room saying that William is needed in the conference hall in 15 minutes.

 

“So this is goodbye, Aiden. Promise me you will keep in touch when you get back home.”

 

“I promise. You sure can visit me in Korea with Angela during holidays.”

 

“Yes I know. Be safe okay? Let me know the details of your flight so that my wife and I can send you off at the airport.”

 

As our steps halted infront of the door, Will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter