Chapter 37

My CEO Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"COURAGE MEANS TO KEEP WORKING A RELATIONSHIP, TO CONTINUE SEEKING SOLUTIONS TO DIFFICULT PROBLEMS, AND TO STAY FOCUSED DURING STRESSFUL PERIODS."

 

EUNHYUK POV

 

After Donghae left for work, I went back to the kitchen and finish washing the dishes. Today is exactly one week before my boyfriend’s 30th birthday – yeah he’s that old – and I’m meeting up with my best friend, Junsu, to plan a surprise party for him. I know he’s been to a lot of parties already that’s why I’m having a hard time deciding on how I will put things together to make this one his most memorable birthday ever!

 

Once I put the last plate on its rack, I stagger my way back to our room – yes. We are rooming again – and quickly pick out an outfit. Since the weather is nice today, not humid but not too cold, I chose my favorite pants, blue and white stripped shirt and a gray jacket. I lay them on bed and get inside the bathroom.

 

After a good fifteen minute bath, I came out of the shower, brush my teeth, do a little shaving, dry my hair and dressed up. Junsu-ah and I will meet in Myeongdong district where his office is located. I’m happy for my best friend because finally he’s able to put up a business of his own. It wasn’t as big as Lee Holdings but it is one of the top sellers of Swiss watches in Korea. Not to mention that he’s currently seeing Park Yoochun, my previous manager in Antonio’s.

 

‘AFTER ALL JUNSU-AH DESERVES TO BE HAPPY.’ I thought.

 

As I collect my things to put inside my bag pack, my phone went off. Using my free hand, I grabbed the device on top of the bedside. My heart tightens when I learned who my caller was.

 

“W-wook?” I prayed to God that this time around we will not argue with the same reason again.

 

“H-hyung… K-kyuhyun… I…I…” with the way he speaks, I knew right then and there that he is crying.

 

“What about Kyuhyun? Did something happen? Calm down, Wook.”

 

“….”

 

Instead of answering, all I can hear is his endless sobbing. It breaks my heart to think that he’s crying alone in a place far away from me.

 

‘HE ALMOST TAKES AWAY YOUR BOYFRIEND.’ My mind reminded me.

 

Yes I am still aware of that fact. I am fully aware that the man on the other line almost took away my happiness. The pain of betrayal still lingers deep within me but who am I to defy my own brother? How can I do that when he obviously needed someone by his side right now? And that someone isn’t his husband but me --- his brother.

 

“Tell hyung what’s happening, Wook. Where are you? I will go there.”

 

“I’m f-fine hyung. I just want to hear your voice, that’s all.” He explained.

 

“Wook… please… tell me what’s going on. Did Kyuhyun hurt you?”

 

“N-no… at least for now.”

 

“What do you by that?”

 

“N-nothing. Forget it, hyung.”

 

“Wookie…” this time around I’m the one who burst into tears. As his brother, I know when he’s happy and when he’s miserable. And at this very moment, I know he’s more of the latter but he doesn’t want to admit it.

 

“I love you, hyung. I love you so much…” he cried.

 

“Me too, angel. So much.”

 

“I’ll hang-up now, hyung. Bye…”

 

“Wait! Where are you right now? Your Germany trip ended three days ago. Are you somewhere near Seoul?”

 

“I can’t tell you, hyung. Take care of yourself, okay? I love you, Eunhyukkie…”

 

And with that the other line went busy. I tried to call him again but he already turned-off his phone.

 

I plopped down on the bed’s foot part still holding the device tightly.

 

‘IS THIS MY BROTHER’S KARMA?’

 

-----*****-----

 

Two hours after that heartbreaking call from my brother, I meet up with Junsu-ah as planned. I tried to act and think normally but I can’t help it. I excuse myself from him and went outside the coffee shop. I need to call on Donghae. Maybe he can help me find my brother. But… am I ready for the possible consequences? Hell, my boyfriend once liked my brother!

 

‘WHY NOT CALL HIS HUSBAND FIR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter