Chapter 19

My CEO Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"UNDERSTANDING IS THE FIRST STEP TO ACCEPTANCE, AND ONLY WITH ACCEPTANCE CAN THERE BE RECOVERY." - J.K. ROWLING

 

EUNHYUK POV


The moment we step out of the mansion I drastically pull my wrist from Donghae's tight grip. Oh great its bruised! I will not hide it, I'm touched with the way Donghae stood for me, for our relationship but then again I dislike the reality that comes with it. The last thing I want is for Donghae's family to be ruined because of me.


I turn to the still fuming CEO beside me. His fists are curled to a ball, ready to punch anytime. His rigid breathing and stoic face frightens me. He's childish most of the time but when he's like this I really want to hide myself inside the closet.
 

"I think your mom is right, Hae. I'm no good for you. I'm not rich. I turned you to a gay. I... I think we should end this." I almost choked with my own words. If its me I can take it but its Donghae we are talking about here and his relationship with his family. I don't want them to keep on hating each other.
 

He gave me a skeptical look, making me doubt my own rational thinking.
 

"What?" he asked.
 

"Hae, its better for us to end this now. Can't you see your mom loathed me because I'm gay?! My conscience will hunt me down because I ruined a peaceful family. Please Hae... just.. let's break-up."


He forcefully hold both of my shoulders, turning me to face him.


"For once Hyuk be selfish! Own me! Fight for me! You always think of others before yourself. I'm sick and tired of it! Ask everything from me but not this. I can't and will not break-up with you."


I want to be selfish because I wanted to be happy but until when? Until when our happiness will last? Oh Hae baby you're pushing me to my limit.
 

Before I can open my mouth to speak, Minwoo-ssi came running from the inside, face pale, bead sweats are evident on his forehead. He frantically went to where we are, grabbing Donghae by the arm.
 

"Minwoo-ah, what happen?" Hae inquired.
 

"Y-young master.. your mom.. S-she collapsed. Let's bring her to the hospital." he breathed.
 

As if on cue Donghae runs back inside the mansion, leaving me dumbfounded with the young butler. It didn't take him too long. When he came out he's carrying his unconscious mom, bridal style.
 

"Baby, the car keys! You drive." He said urgently, tossing the keys to me.
 

I nodded and open the car door at the back seat.


"Minwoo-ah, call Jieun now. Tell her we'll be going to Seoul University Hospital." he ordered before occupying the back seat of the Audi.
 

"Come on baby. Drive." he asked me and I obliged.
 


-----*****-----
 

Seoul University Hospital


When we arrived at the emergency department, the medical team attended Mrs. Lee immediately. A nurse asked Donghae to fill up some forms needed for the records but he eyed her with his infamous get-the-hell-out-of-here look, making the poor girl back off.


"Baby, you need to calm down. You scared the poor nurse who's just doing her job."
 

We are sitting in one of the couches inside the waiting room, hands entwined, his head resting on top of my shoulder.
 

"How can I? My mom's in danger. Besides my mind is not at its finest. Let Jieun take care of those later." he breathed anxiously.
 

"She'll be fine, baby. Don't worry." I kissed the top of his head and again we fell in a deep silence.


A very comforting silence indeed. Between the two of us, Donghae needs it more than I do. We stayed like that for a while until someone came in.
 

"Oppa!! What happened? Where's mom? Is she okay? Oh God.. oppa.. please tell me she's okay.." she almost fell on her knees, thankfully Donghae was fast enough to catch her.
 

He hugs her tightly as she starts sobbing like a toddler. The continuous up and down movement of her shoulders indicate that she's really worried for her mother. After she lost her biological parents, the last thing she wanted is to lose her second family, especially her mom.
 

I stand there watching the siblings cry their hearts

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter