6

Blue

 For the next few weeks, Minho had turned into something different. Someone completely different from the cool,suave,masculine,disciplined Minho.

This Choi Minho couldn’t tell which is left and which is right. When his part in the song started. When was it his turn to wash the dishes. The titles of their songs.

This Choi Minho constantly stayed in his room when he was at home. Dark and hiding under the blankets. Not eating. Not shaving. Not sleeping.Barely changing his clothes. Having bloodshot eyes.

This Choi Minho always came home,drunk. Completely unaware of his surroundings. Talking and mumbling and whispering .Walking clumsily,falling and not even bothering to get up.

This Choi Minho completely destroyed their interviews with magazines. Screwing up photoshoots. Missing his schedules. Being bitter to fans. Forgetting to sing his lines in the song. Playing the wrong notes on his guitar.

 

“That is the fifth time this week you screwed our schedule. What has gotten into you Minho?” Onew yelled. His right being the oldest one. Minho just ignored the boy and walked to his room.

“Yah. I’m talking to you Choi Minho.” Onew screamed when the door slammed in front of him.

“I don’t think he’s gotten over the boy who left him.” Jonghyun said. Holding onto Onew’s shoulder to calm him down.

“Taemin?”

“Yeah. He’s been like this ever since. Give him a break. Broken-hearts don’t mend so easily.”

 

 

 “I know how Minho feels.” Jonghyun said when he saw Key in the kitchen, pouring himself a tall glass of water.

“Don’t.” Key said softly.

“Why not? You feel guilty?” Jonghyun said bitterly.

“We were a mistake.”

“You’re the only one who thinks like that.”

“Its over. It has been for months. Stop reminding me.”

“Its not. At least for me its not.”

“We can’t.” Not anymore.

“Why not?” When the both us are still in love.

“You know why.” Key holding on to the glass, too strongly.

“Guys. Help!” Onew yelled suddenly,interuppting their conversation. Key and Jonghyun ran to the scene. The room reeked of sweat and stale alcohol. Every thing in the room was in pieces. The strings to his guitar was snapped. Pictures were torn. Clothes were in a pile. Mirrors broken.

And the middle of it all was Minho laying on his bed, blue pills scattered everywhere.

 

 

“Is he going to be okay?” Onew talked to the doctor.

“He is. But we have to keep him here for a while.”

“Thank you and could this fly under the radar?”

“This hospital values discretion and having the press here would be rather troublesome.”

“Thank you again.”

 

 

 “I can’t believe he did that.” Key nearly in tears.

“I know that frog face is a total idiot but I didn’t know he was this stupid.” Jonghyun punching the wall.

“We should’ve have done something. All of us knew he wasn’t being himself these days.”

“What in the world could we have done?  If he wants to kill himself, he’ll do it anyway.”

“Something. Anything. Tie him to the bed or chain his legs.”

“The doctor said he’s going to be okay but they are keeping him here.” Onew came after talking to the doctor.

“Now he’s okay but what if he repeats this sort of again?” Jonghyun nearly to the point of yelling.

“We have to find Taemin.” Key suggested.

“How?” Exactly. How? Its not like they know what Taemin looks like. Nor do they know his full name. Even Minho doesn’t know his full name. Taemin was like a  ghost.

“What about asking his landlord?” Jonghyun suggested.

“Minho did that the moment he left.” And got nothing out of it.

“Let’s get home first and think later.” Onew suggested. It was almost midnight and everyone was tired.

 

 

 When they got home, Onew noticed the door wasn’t lock. Which was odd because despite the hectic situation, he did lock the door.

“Maybe you forgot.” Key said.

“I know I locked it.”

“Let’s just get in first okay?” Jonghyun was the first to enter the house.

 

 “What happened to Minho?” A golden voice was heard when the lights were switched on.