25-1

Blue

 

How to be an ordinary human:

8. Having parents- Part 1

 

Noriko was an average pretty girl from a strict Japanese family that moved to Korea. When she turned 15 years old, she hit her rebellious stage.Being fed up with the strict ways of her parents. How she couldn't wear the clothes her friends wore.How she couldn't hear those songs her friends hear.How she couldn't talk to boys in general. So she rebelled.Sneaking out in the middle of those dark,wild nights. Partying with strangers. Falling in love with one of the party bad boys. Getting knocked-up.

Noriko was a skinny girl, so when her tummy started to grow, it was very noticeable. On the day her parents found out she was pregnant, she was chased out of the house. Being disowned by her family. At the age of sixteen, she gave birth to a healthy,bouncy baby boy. However being uneducated, Noriko could barely feed herself and her baby. With her waiting tables, she could only feed the both of them once a day. She worked hard. Always working extra shifts. For her and Taemin’s wellbeing. That is until one day, her six year-old baby boy had a severe stomach ache. Due their poor state, Noriko couldn’t even afford medicine for her precious baby. That was when she decided to leave Taemin at an orphanage.

It broke her heart to let go of her son but what could she do? She wasn’t capable of taking care of him. She vowed to work hard and when the time was right,when she could provide a better home and three meals a day for Taemin, she would take him home and they could become a family once again.

When the day came, sadly enough Taemin wasn’t there anymore. She screamed and panicked. Looking for Taemin everywhere. But honestly, how could she have known that her baby was in a terror camp hidden in the forest,behind the tall,deserted hills.

She never stopped looking. She never stopped.

Until one day, years later. She was captured in front of her candy shop by a few man. That was when she finally found her baby again. Taemin was there. Saving her and the two others. She could still recognise her baby. Those plump cheeks. Red lips. Golden soft hair. What shattered her already broken heart was when Taemin refused to even look at her face. Walking away with that tall,injured boy on his back.

She knew she deserved it. She shouldn’t have left Taemin. She shouldn’t have.

 

 

Minho walked in after his dad and Noriko. Minho could see that she recognised him but both of them refused to look each other in the eye. Minho was confused. Utterly confused. He didn’t even know what questions should appear in his head at the moment.

Their lunch was a quiet one. Which confused Mr.Choi because Minho was anything but quiet. That was one of the reasons why he was fond of the boy. Minho had brought life into his home the moment he and the former Mrs.Choi brought him home.

“How’s the food?” His dad tried to break the silence. Minho was too focused. Forking the vegetable on his plate.

“Minho.” his dad called out again.

“Huh-yeah dad. What were you saying?” Minho was brought out of his deep thoughts.

“I asked you how’s your food?”

“Oh. Its fine.” Minho said.

“Can I be excused? I need to go to the bathroom.” Minho said. Leaving his seat.

 

Minho looked into the mirror in the bathroom. What was he suppose to do? There was no good ending in this sort of situation. He tried to organize his messy thoughts into pieces.

 Premise 1: My dad is getting married. Good for him.

Premise 2: My dad is getting married to Taemin’s mom. That screws things up.

Premise 3: Taemin’s mom left him. her for ruining my precious baby’s life.

Premise 4: Taemin's mom is going to be my mom . So,Taemin is going to be my brother. Which is bad on every level.

Premise 5: How the hell am I going to tell dad that?

Premise 6: Most importantly how the hell am I going to tell Taemin that my dad is

                    going to marry your mom and we’re going to be brothers?

Premise 7: I need to breathe.

 

And with that, Minho left the bathroom. Seeing her again in the couch messed up his head again. Minho was mad at her. Despite anything,how could she have left Taemin? Does she even know what she did to Taemin?

“Minho.” his dad called him from the kitchen. Making Minho stop looking at the woman and walk into the kitchen with his long legs.

“Is there something wrong?” his dad asked him.

“No.Nothing’s wrong.” Minho said. Looking at his hand on the counter.

“I know you better than I know myself. Now tell me, what’s bothering you? Is it Noriko? You don’t like her?” His dad questioned him.

“Dad. I’m gay.” Minho declared.

“I know. I’ve seen  pictures with you kissing that blonde boy in the news. He’s cute. I give you that.” his dad replied. Not knowing the depth of the problem yet.

“That blonde boy is Noriko’s son.” Why complicate things more by hiding things his dad should know. Minho knew it would be disastrous.How everything would be even more messed up,even so he couldn't stop those words coming out of his mouth. Minho was never good at hiding secrets from his dad.

And with that Minho took his jacket and left the house. There was lack of air in the house and he needed to Premise 7.