End

Blue

Taemin woke up the next day with this emptiness in his heart. No its not a sad feeling. It’s a feeling that he is free. Free from the guilt, the sadness, the loneliness, the pain and heartache. He feels this lightness in his heart. Taemin feels as though he could fly if he had wings. He felt sleepy for once. All these years, the only thing he hated was sleeping because when you sleep,you dream. Dreaming was used to be a nightmare. Right now, all he wants to do is stay in bed and dream because for the first time, his dreams are actually coming true. He could finally dream the perfect life for himself.

 For the first time in years, he’s woken up to the sound of his mother cooking for him in the kitchen. The sound of eggs sizzling in the pan. The sweet sound of his mother singing those 60’s songs. Taemin never really realised he had missed all of this. He felt angry again, why couldn’t all of this come sooner for him? Why all the years of suffering before he could gain his happiness? Both in the form of family and love.

He walked into the kitchen, and then he saw them. His mom and Minho was there in a freshly washed blue button up shirt. When did Minho leave last night? He couldn’t remember the slightest bit.

The more important thing was the smiles he saw on both their faces when he walked into the kitchen. They were smiling at him. For him,not anyone else and at the moment, Taemin wasn’t angry anymore. Because everything, was worth it. Everything was worth this. This undeniably light,happy that you just want to smile feeling.

“Good morning sunshine.” Minho said to Taemin. Forking his eggs. Taemin took a seat next to him.

“Taemin, your eggs will be done in a few minutes.” his mom said from the stove.

“Okay.”

Taemin looked at Minho who seemed to not have a care in the world. Eating those eggs like they were his last. He looked at those big,bright eyes that never hid secrets from him. Those high cheekbones that always made his smile look bigger. The gooey caramel-like skin he had that Taemin always like to run his hands over. Those lips that always kissed him so feverishly,in need and in love. Taemin began to remember the first time he met Minho.

He was walking in the rain because the feel of the water droplets made him feel loved in the the loveless live he used to live in. He would sometimes pathetically imagine that the rain was hugging him. Then out of nowhere came this car that stopped in front of him. A man, somewhat older than him that offered him a ride.

“Do you need a ride?” the man asked him.

“No.” Taemin remembered replying.

“Its raining. You’ll get sick.”

And that was why he ever accepted a ride from a stranger. This stranger actually seemed to care that he was going to get sick in the rain. Even for just a second, he longed for the feeling to be cared for. Even though how little it may seem. Just a car ride home would’ve been enough to suffice him for a year of happy feelings. But Taemin remembered being selfish, he didn’t want this person to leave yet. To leave him so soon. So he offered coffee. He felt like he owed Minho at least that. For the comforting feeling Minho gave him for offering that car ride home.

Taemin remembered distinctively that he felt,thought Minho wouldn’t come back after this.

But he did, Minho actually came back a few days later with a bunch of grocery bags and that stupid grin on his face.

And he kept coming back. Each time with a new smile on his face. Taemin felt like he mattered. For once in his life, someone actually wanted to see him. Wanted to be with and not leave him.

He felt grateful for this man. He love him . He loved Choi Minho but no matter how much he felt his heart would explode for having so much love, Minho would always give more to him.

 

Taemin then felt like he was about to cry when finally saw that tiny scar on Minho’s wrist while he was cutting the bacon. The scar Minho got when the IV needle tore off from his hand. Taemin suddenly couldn’t comprehend how he ever left Minho. How could’ve he done such a sin for leaving the only person who ever came back for him. He couldn’t ever forgive himself for that.

“Is everything okay?” Minho suddenly asked him with a mouth full of bacon.

“Yeah. I’m just hungry.”

“You want some of mine?”

“No.” you’ve given me too much already.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. She’s already making mine. I can wait for it.”

“Okay.” Minho continued enjoying his breakfast. Some of the bits of bacon got on his lower lips. Taemin leaned his hand and wiped it off. Suddenly remembering how smooth it was. Those lips that kissed every inch of his body like he was some precious jewel. Those lips that made him feel so loved. Not only from the touch of it, but also the words that came out from it. All those words that always made him feel assured. Feel safe and happy. All those stupid,erted things that would come out of his mouth that made  Taemin want to blush. Those same lips that convinced him to reconcile with his mother. Taemin knew he would be eternally indebted to Minho for allowing him to have this. To have this moment with his mother. The privilege to have his mom cook for him his breakfast after all these years. The privilege to have two of the people he loved the most in the world here with him. The privilege of knowing they loved him equally as much too.

 

 “I know its not much but I hope you like it.” Taemin’s mom placed his plate of sunny-side eggs in front of  him while taking a seat in front of the couple.

“No. Its perfect.”

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: Thanks for reading through the entire 28 chaps of this fic. I love all of  you readers,subcribers and commenters. I appreaciate every one of you. Also thank you liking this(if you like it) because this fic is my baby. Of course all of my other stories are my babies too but this one felt more at heart for me. Sorry for the all the grammar and spelling mistakes that made you want to cringe. And please don't unsubscribe after you read because doing that always makes me feel sad. Okay, enough of my ramblings. Enjoy all of my other stories and bye. Until I write again- poppykisses