13

Blue

 It has been exactly 28 hours since Taemin left the house. It also has been exactly 27 hours and 30 minutes since Minho left the house. And the rest of Vesper was already bored. Even with all of Taemin’s toys, they still were bored as hell.

So Onew did the reasonable thing, he slept and slept some more since he wouldn’t get anymore of this precious sleeping time when they start their schedule again once Taemin and Minho get back. Key and Jonghyun just walked around the house. Doing mostly nothing.

Key was taking a glass of water when he started to hear music playing in Taemin’s secret room. Music along with Jonghyun’s voice to accompany it. It was one of their older songs. Kiss Me Goodbye. Key went to the room but didn’t really enter. He just leaned against the door. Hearing the voice. And then a thought occurred to him. A very important thing he never seemed to figure out before. Something that he was so blinded to not have realise before.So he opened the door. Trying not to second-guess himself.

“Ah, Key. You want to play the guitar? I’ll leave.” Jonghyun said. Waking up from his seat.

“No. Stay.” Key said. Which was rare since the two of them never stayed alone in the same room ever since the break-up. Key always avoided Jonghyun.

“Stay?” Jonghyun was safely put,felt confused.

“Yes. Stay please.” Key pleaded.

“Okay.” Jonghyun sat back on the floor. Taemin’s house never had chairs. What does that boy have against chairs anyway? Key walked and stopped right in front of Jonghyun. He sat down in front of him.

“Minho.” Key started.

“Yes. What about him?” Jonghyun looked at Key. Its been a while since he had been able to look at him this close for a while. Key seemed thinner. His bangs were slightly longer. Without the make-up he usually wears, Key looked more beautiful. More innocent. More him.

“He doesn’t really know anything about Taemin does he? I mean, Taemin never tells him anything about himself. I doubt Minho even knows his first name. His hobby. His likes and dislikes. His favourite colour.”

“Taemin is secretive. He used to be a spy after all.” Jonghyun replied. Still looking at his beautiful Key though he doubted he still had the right to call this beautiful creature his.

“But Minho loves him still . Minho was willing to get shot because of him. Risking himself by going to Italy. Still being with Taemin despite anything.” Key said.

“And a thought occurred to me. I want to be like them. I don’t care anymore whether I can’t give you kids. Whether or not we tell anyone we’re dating or the fact you don’t know my favourite colour is blue.” Key continued.

“You want us to be back together?” Jonghyun asked.

“I know I’ve been selfish. But can we?” Key asked. Looking vulnerable and scared of rejection.

Jonghyun woke up and left the room. Leaving Key almost in tears.

Guess I deserved that. I did unreasonably break-up with him. God. How could I be so stupid?  

Minutes later, Jonghyun entered the room again. Key’s heart was beating harder. What else does he want? Jonghyun walked to the sitting Key and knelt in front of him. Going down to his eye level.

“Sorry I had to go the bathroom. And yes.”

“You had to go the ing bathroom in the middle of me trying to-“

Jonghyun kissed Key’s bow-shaped lips.

“Yes, we can.” Jonghyun whispered against Key’s lips.

“Thank you.”

“But, you know.” Jonghyun started.

“You say you like blue but you don’t. Everything you own is green. So you actually like green. Not blue. I didn’t tell anyone we were dating because this pretty little head of yours thinks too much. If we start telling, you’ll be spending most of your time worrying about what people would think of us and I didn’t want you to worry. And we don’t have to have kids, a puppy seems easier to take care of.” Jonghyun said.

“Why didn’t you tell me any of this before?” Key looked up at Jonghyun.

“Like I said, you think too much. You’ll end up worrying and-”

“I’m sorry.”

“Okay.”

“And Jong.”

“Yes.”

“I don’t want to think anymore.”

 

 

In Italy. The next morning.

Minho woke up and saw Taemin missing from his side.

He then saw an envelope on the dresser addressed to him.

 

I’ve been thinking and its too dangerous for you to  stay. Your flight leaves at 2.35 pm. Don’t be late. And don’t you dare miss the flight and come find me, because you won’t. I’ll come back home in the next few days.

p/s: Wear your beard when you leave the hotel.

                                                                                                                                                                                                             -Taemin