16

Blue

 Taemin took a deep breath and was struggling with the inner demons in his head for he had taken yet another life. He could not comprehend how he broke the one promise he made to himself. He had promise to not kill another person again and here he was. Standing in front of yet another lifeless victim of his. In all fairness, that man did kidnap the love of his life. The man did torture him for as long as he could remember. However right now, Taemin was trying to breathe and not break down. Not like this. Not in front of Minho. Not in front of the woman who left him nor in front of the guy who did the same. Taemin was not weak. He was strong and he was going to get through this emotional breakdown.

 

Taemin closed his eyes and took another breath before walking towards the very injured Minho. They must’ve tried to break him to pieces.

“Let’s go home.” Taemin whispered to Minho. Picking him up from the ground. Despite Minho being bigger and taller than him, Taemin managed to carry the boy on his back effortlessly.

“Tae-“ he heard the woman’s voice. He refused to acknowledge that woman and call her his mother. No, he was too mad to do so. Instead Taemin ignored her, like she did to him. Taemin walked out of the door and a hand tried to stop him.

“Taemin.” both of them stood in front of him. Trying to talk to the boy. Taemin walked passed them. Ignoring everything else. Even the looks all the other agents were giving in the building.

“Taemin.” the both of them called the boy.

“Tae-“

“Taemin. Will you stop?” Kai yelled.

“My boyfriend is sick and injured. Get the hell out of my way.” Taemin glared furiously at Kai. No, he was not going to take another life.Not when he knows it would take him off the edge and into the brink of darkness.

“ Tae.I need to talk to you. I miss you.” the woman begged through her eyes.

Taemin stopped his tracks. Minho was almost unconscious on his back.

Taemin turned to the back.

“I don’t.”

He walked.

 

 

 “Will you stop screaming? I barely touched your wound.” Taemin said to Minho. He was bandaging Minho’s left arm and next would be applying some medicine on his broken lips.

“You’re such a baby.” Jonghyun snickered.

“Try getting battered and hit with a metal crow bar then let’s see who’s the baby.” Minho replied acidly to Jonghyun.

“You guys can go home now. Its safe.” Taemin said while blowing onto Minho’s wound to soothe the wound.

“What about Minho?” Onew asked. He didn’t look fit enough to stand,let alone walk to the car.

“I’ll take him home later or maybe tomorrow. We wouldn’t want those paparazzis taking photos of him looking like this.”

“I don’t want to go home.” Minho almost whined.

“Why?” Key asked.

“Who’s going to take care of me? I know you guys won’t.

“You’re not that hurt.” Taemin said to Minho.

“Not that hurt? I can barely walk.”

“Stop whining like a baby. It could’ve been worse.”

“ Either way , you have to take care of me until I get better.”

 

 

Its almost night time and the rest of Vesper already returned to their residence leaving only Minho and Taemin in the apartment.

Taemin was changing Minho’s bandage again. Feeling sorry for Minho. God knows how he was beaten up by the agents there. Taemin had been there before and it wasn’t such a pleasant experience. Minho winced at the pain.

“Does it still hurt?” Taemin asked softly.

“Yes.” Minho nodded.

“I’m sorry.” Taemin kissed the wound softly.

“What are you sorry for?” Minho slightly confused. All in all, he didn’t think it was Taemin’s fault that this happened.

“For asking you to leave Italy by yourself and letting you getting hurt like this.” Taemin’s eyes was almost watering. He felt bad for letting this happen to Minho.

“You did what you thought was best at the moment but it’s all over now. So please, don’t feel bad. If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t still be alive right now.” Minho said. Caressing Taemin’s right cheek. He felt so soft.

“I still feel bad.” Taemin said. His face looking down. His ponytail was coming undone, causing his hair to partially cover his face.

“Well, you could always make it up to me.” Minho said. Tilting Taemin’s chin upwards to face him.

 “Remember that pink glitter mini dress of yours?”