11

Blue

 The next morning, when everyone already calmed down from the shooting incident and Taemin’s rather surprising past.

“What are we suppose to do now?” Onew asked. All of them were sitting on the wooden floor in the middle of Taemin’s hall.

“For the time being, you guys have to stay here. Call your manager to cancel your schedules and-“ Taemin was cut by Jonghyun.

“Stay here in your house? For how long?”Jonghyun asked.

“A week maybe. Until I get this settled.” Taemin replied calmly.

“But-“

“It’s the only safe place for you guys right now. Who ever did this, won’t stop until this is over.”

“I thought you quit. Why would anyone still do this?” Key asked.

“I may have angered some people in my past missions. Revenge is rather common in this business.”

“Do you even know who?”

“Based on the lack of skills by the person who shot Minho, the signature copper bullet and the hideous black suit shooter wore, I’m guessing it was the people from when I was in Italy.” Taemin concluded. Taemin once disguised himself as a young drug dealer wanting to get his big break in the underworld. His mission was to get the names of the people in-charge there and such. But more on that later.

“You’re going to Italy?” Minho asked.

“I have a flight at 3.15 p.m.”

“You’re going there alone? Without any help?” Minho was rather unsatisfied by Taemin’s plan.

“I usually work solo and its not without any help. I have my toys to help me.” Taemin answered.

“I’m not going to let you go there alone. Its too dangerous and-“

“What I do has always been dangerous. It won’t make that much of a difference now.”

“It does. You used to be alone but now you’re not. You have me.”

“Are you proposing that you come with me to Italy?” Taemin eyed Minho.

“Yes.” Minho said confidently.

“You won’t be that much help.”

“Why not?”

“First of all, you don’t have the proper skills. Secondly, you talk too much. Thirdly, you’re a freaking star. People would notice you the moment you walk out of the door which would rather troublesome. I plan to go there unnoticed. You being there would be like me carrying freaking red lights over my head.”

“I am still going with you and I don’t talk too much.” Minho almost pouted.

“Guys, please tell Minho I need to go there alone.” Taemin begged the other three.

“Minho, it does make sense. What Taemin said. He’s trained to do this sort of stuff.”Onew started.

“Its not like your silly video games. You don’t get three lives in one game.” Key said. As much as they didn’t want Taemin to go either, they knew it was for the best. And Minho going there, wasn’t the best idea.

“And you do talk too much frog-face.” Jonghyun finished the argument off.

“But-“ Minho started.

“You’re not coming.” Taemin glared murderously at Minho.

 

 

Remember the door that was always locked in Taemin’s apartment. The one Minho found the CD with his name on top of it. Well, the room was finally open, filled with it contents. The room was bigger than the whole apartment put on together. It was like the place wasn’t even suppose to exist in the shabby apartment. With its bright lights and marble floors. Not to mention the retina scan required to open the room.

The room was filled with guns at one corner. Masks and wigs at another corner. More than a dozen musical instruments for him to make his codes. There were at least three computers. A dozen suits. Clothes of every kind. A stack of cash on the table which by estimation would be a few hundred thousands. Spy gadgets. More than ten passports and visas. And files organized neatly in a bookshelf.

Vesper was like a bunch of kids left alone in a toy store.

“This is so freaking cool.” Jonghyun said. Taking one of the guns. Pretending to be James Bond.

“Don’t touch the guns.” Taemin warned while he was packing up his things.

“We don’t even have this in our studio. Our manager said it would take weeks for us to order this guitar.” Key said. Strumming on to the new guitar.

“And this, how much is all this?” Onew asked. Looking at the cash on the table.

“I don’t know. Its just some petty cash.”Taemin was absorbed into packing.

“Hey Tae.” Minho called. Taemin looked up at him. Minho was looking at his costumes.

“Have you ever worn this?” Minho took out a hanger. It was a pink,glitter mini dress.

“Yes.” Taemin answered and continued packing.

“Can you wear it again?” Minho asked.

“Please.”

 

 

“Don’t leave this house until I get back.” Taemin said to the other four when he was leaving.

“If we have to?”

“Just disguise yourself. You’ve seen what’s in there and take a weapon with you.” Taemin checked his passport. He was going as Park  Jin Ho.

“We’ll manage. But are you sure you want to do this?” Onew asked.

“Either this or I watch the people I care for get shot one by one.” Taemin answered. How can he say such sweet things and yet still have that poker face.

“Be careful.” Minho said. Still unsatisfied that he couldn’t go with Taemin.

“Okay.”

 

 

After a five hour flight, Taemin finally reached his destination.

Rome, Italy.

Walking out of the busy airport, Taemin felt he was being followed. So he walked rather calmly out of the place and took a left. It was a dead end street and it was already dark at the moment. An advantage for Taemin.

 Taemin wanted to face his stalker. Maybe the person could give him information he desperately needed.

He waited until he saw a shadow. Taemin leaped and tackled the man. Not really seeing his face yet. Almost breaking the guy’s neck.

“Tae. Its me.” the guy choked.

“Minho?” Taemin let go of him.

“Yeah. God. I didn’t know you were this strong.” Minho massaged his neck.

“You look hideous in a beard.”