15

Blue

 Taemin, despite anything was still a 17-year old teenage boy. Despite being a spy. Despite being a trained killer. No matter how he buried his feelings deep inside himself. He would feel sick. Disgusted by himself every time he took a life.

If he hadn’t met Minho, he swore he would’ve killed himself. It was simple. Just a pull of a trigger and all the horrible feelings he felt would disappear. All the screams of the people that begged for their lives would disappear. He would disappear.

This person. This Choi Minho had given him new wings. New feelings. A better,softer more human heart. To have Minho taken from him wasn’t something Taemin would take so lightly upon.

 

Taemin knew exactly where Minho got taken to. How could he not when he himself had taken dozens of people there too.

It was a building. A normal looking one. One that had a receptionist with a toothpaste commercial smile. People walking here and there,working.

All Taemin had to do was go through the back door and give out his codename. Each agent had one.

“Identification number 14629. Codename: Blue.” Yes, Taemin did not have a name there. All he had was Blue.

The metal door opened after the machine did a retina scan.

Taemin walked into the place,hands in the front pocket of his jacket. Taemin merely stood at the entrance. It was a long corridor with each few metres divided by new coridors. After a matter of seconds, people were running towards him.

“Follow us.” one of the man there dared to say. All of them there feared Taemin for they have seen what he has done and more he could do. Ordering him to follow would be equivalent for them to get death sentence. The seventeen year-old,blonde angelic looking boy had that much power over them.

Taemin followed them. Reaching a room. The door was opened to him. Taemin entered. This room looked slightly bigger than Taemin remembered.

“Blue.” he heard the voice call out his name.

“I want him back.” Taemin whispered. Knowing the man would hear.

“I knew you were a good agent. It only took you one day to know it was us and half a day to get here.” the man was in his forties.

“I was trained by the best.” Taemin replied curtly. This man was his trainer. His mentor.

“It is an incredibly waste of your talent and skills. Really? All those years of hard,suffering tormenting training and you’re willing to let it all go to waste just because of that singer?” The man looked disappointed. He had thought Taemin was a son to him. The perfect soldier. Taemin was irreplaceable.

“He is mine and I want him back.”

“I want you back.”

“I don’t want to come back. Where is Minho?”

“He’s here.” the man signalled the others to bring Minho into the room. Minho looked like he hadn’t been sleeping for days though he had only been there for less than 48 hours. Bruises covered his skin. His lips were bleeding. His hair was messy. His clothes were partly torn. His wrists had stinging red marks.

“Tae.” Minho called out his name. There was barely voice left in him and yet the broken lips still smiled  at the sight of seeing his Taemin there.

“Can you not see how weak this boy is? One bullet and he’ll be gone.”

“Let go of him.”

“He ruined my masterpiece. How could I let him go?”

“Let him go.” Taemin repeated. His fists were balling up. The other people in room began to feel scared at the sight of Taemin.

“How about I make you an offer?” the man suggested.

“Bring them in.”

Then two of the people Taemin never knew he would ever meet again was dragged into the bright room.

“Here’s my offer.” the man started.

“Work for me again and I’ll let your mother and your bestfriend Kai live. Of course the offer comes with a bullet on Minho’s head or you don’t work for me, in which I’ll kill the woman who gave birth to you and the boy you shared your precious childhood with.” the man placed a gun on the table.

Taemin looked at the two people on his left and the one on his right. His mother looked older. Different from the radiant-faced woman he vaguely remembered. She was crying, begging for her life. And Kai. He looked just like he used to.

“You are making me choose between them?”

“Ah yes, but if you make the wrong choice, wouldn’t that be a shame?”

“You’ll take Minho anyway. Wouldn’t you? You’ll torture him more just to get back at me for quitting.” Taemin looked at Minho who was barely standing on his two feet. The sight was heartbreaking for Taemin.

“You know me all too well. You could end his suffering here. I don’t think he has any more life in him anyway.”

“I only have to kill Minho and all of this would be over wouldn’t it? He wouldn’t have to endure all this pain anymore?”

“He doesn't have to suffer any longer than he should.”

Taemin held the gun on the table. Not picking it up yet.

“And I’ll get to be with my mother and Kai?” Taemin asked.

“Of course. As long as you come back and work for this agency.”

The man blinked and in that split second, before he could open his eyes, a bullet pierced his heart. Three more afters. The rest of the guards there ran. Scared of the murderous Taemin. They knew better than to stay and die. Blood splashed all over the white shirt the man was wearing.

You should know better than to put a gun in the hands of your masterpiece.”