1

Blue

Minho was driving his black shiny car, coming home from his photoshoot for a spread in a magazine. It was pouring outside. He could hear the sound of the raindrops shooting heavily on his car.

While driving, he saw someone walking in the rain. Without an umbrella nor was he even covering his head. The boy looked thin and frail,wearing a gray sweater. Looking him, Minho feared the boy would just collapse. He couldn’t not stop and help.

He stopped the car in front of the boy. Despite the warnings in his head screaming this boy might be killer,robber or maybe even an obsessive fan. Yes, Minho is famous but let’s get to that later.

 

“Do you need a ride?” Minho called out  at the boy.

“No.” the boy had large eyes which didn’t seem to fit with his thin figure.

“Its raining. You’ll get sick.”

“You don’t even know where I live.”

“You could just tell me where you live.” the boy looked at him sceptically before giving a response.

“Okay.” the boy opened the car door.

 

“Your car seat is going to get wet.” Taemin noting the expensive leather seats. Usually people don't like it when their car seats get wet.

‘Its fine.”

“I live a couple blocks away. You could just drive straight and we’ll get there.”

“Do you want to hear some music?” Minho the radio. The song playing on air was apparently his band’s song. His part in the song was just starting. Minho felt a bit proud listening to his own voice.

“That’s your voice.” the boy said monotonely.

“So you do know who I am.” Minho felt a little smug.

“I wouldn’t get into a car with a stranger and I like your voice.”

“What’s your name?”

“Taemin.”

“Is this your building?” Minho asked.

“Yes.” Opening the door once the car stopped.

“Do you want to come up? Its cold and hot coffee is the least I could do to thank you.”

“Sure.” Minho noticed something in the boy’s voice. Something that made him say yes. It wasn’t  everyday that a star like him would just say yes to some stranger.

 

 

Opening the door to his apartment, Taemin went in. Opening his wet shoes. Minho followed after him. Looking inside, Minho saw the most empty space ever. There was a two seater couch in the middle of the hall with a small red rug. No television.The kitchen had only a small fridge and a table for one. There were only two mugs and few plates on the counter.

“I’ll make you some coffee.” Taemin said.

“You live here alone?” Minho asked. The boy seemed no older than 16 years. Where were his parents?

“Yes.” Taemin answered. His voice was always monotone from the moment he spoke.

“Can I look around your house?”

“There’s not much to see.” Taemin answered. Minho walked around the house. Not a single picture was around . He opened the first door he could find. The room was equally almost empty as well. There was a large mattress in the middle of the wooden floor with a blanket draped messily on top of it. A pair of headphones lying on the floor with a few papers scattered here and there. There wasn’t even a closet. Just a metal bar with a few clothes hung over it. Who is this boy and why was he in such a state?

Minho walked out of the room and faced another door. It was locked. Minho figured it was empty too.

“Your house is very spacious.” Minho walked into the kitchen. Taking the cup from Taemin’s hand. The boy just looked at him.

“How old are you?”

“Seventeen.”

Before Minho could ask anything more, his phone rang. It was one of his bandmates, Jonghyun. Telling him to hurry for their  next schedule.

“I have to leave now.” Minho said. The boy didn’t say anything but his eyes looked a little sadder than before. And that was something given that his eyes already looked like someone just cancelled Christmas. Taemin opened the door for him.

“I’ll come back.” Minho said.

“Don’t lie.”the boy said suddenly and closed the door.