× 4 ×

A Star, but a Touchable Star

 

Belmont11-Multi-PurposeRoomCompleted.jpg

dance-studio-4_blog.jpg

Dance%20Aerobics%20Studio.jpg

_____________

 × 4 ×

 

"Where the were you last night, baby?"

 

You yelped in surprise, and turned around. You backed away slowly. You felt your shoulder hitting against someone elses, and heard the someone complaining, before turning around.

"Yah! I thought I told you to scram already!" A male voice shouted.

R&J.

Mini and Sin stepped up quietly, surveying the owner who had scared you. They knew him. Everyone did. The seniors and juniors especially.

In this academy, K-Arts, kingkas, queenkas, and class representives were highly respected. No one knew why, but they just gave out this scary, talented, and mess-with-me-you-die kind of feeling. Unfortunately, you were one of those people. People respected you because of your parent's status, because you were heavily talented, because you were pretty and had a slender, curvy body, and because those emotions you spread out made people want to "obey" you. You didn't even know one of those things, until R&J had ran up and told you.

This school was no joke. They made the homeless into famous k-pop idols. They made you rich. They made you pretty or handsome. They made you muscular, lean, bulky, or curvy, slender, and y. They helped you with your flaws in music, or visual arts. Everyone was either very mature and serious, laidback and chill, cheerful and giddy, and most were just erted and desperate.

This person was mixed. Mature, serious, erted, and desperate all put into one body. They added up to a desperate, stalker-ish, creepy personality that creeped you out.

This person's name was Lee Jinyoung Gin. He was the new "freshmeat" of the "kingkas." A person that sparked up the group of kings, making it look new and especially nice.

Ever since day one when you felt like you should be nice to him and show him around because he was so shy and introverted, and really childish. He always was attracted to you, and ever since he came back to school from last summer, he became cold, mature, serious, scary, and creepy. The girls loved him, and soon he was the image of the group of kingkas. He could dance and rap. He loved to show off his chest during his performances.

Two years ago, when he came, you guys stuck together like magnets. You were always around each other.

He talked about his problems to you, and you talked about yours to him. Soon, he had gathered up his nerves and asked you to be his girlfriend, which you accepted after weeks of hesitation. You felt pity for him and never felt that "spark".

He grew confident and cocky soon, and then you broke up with him, deciding that he was bad news, listening to the advice from girls and guys alike.

Now, here he was. Trying to talk to you, trying to be friends again with you, and trying to get you to be his bootycall. You were scared of him. He was so dark. Scary. Fearful. Abusive. You knew something happened to the both of you, but you couldn't recall it.

It was like a missing piece to a puzzle.

"Shut the hell up. I wasn't talking to you, was I, R&J?" He sneered.

You glared at him. "Don't talk to him like that, Gin." You spat out. His dark eyes softened as he looked to you, he smiled.

"You look pretty today, Mint-ah." He said softly.

You avoided his gaze. Mini and Sin wrapped their arms around yours, and pulled you away as the bell rang. R&J followed behind the three of you, whispering excitedly.

"Did you see the new transferees?! Their so muscular, oh my god!" He fanned his face giddily.

"Really?!"

"Who?! Are they hot?!" Mini and Sin said, also growing happy. You raised an eyebrow, guessing that it was Jay and his crew.

"You don't know?" R&J hissed, and snapped his fingers. "Jay Park, Dok2, and the AOM crew. Theres another new girl, Yoon G!!" He squealed.

The three of them started to gossip in quiet voices. They followed behind you, as you entered the hall. It lead to five different rooms. The three blue doors lead to the locker rooms and the small hangout spot room. The two big doors lead to the giant dance room, and the one to the right of the mirror lead to the small break room, with cushions and bar.  Most people called it the bar room, where the dance majors moved to take a small energy drink, or tinkle time before practicing again.

The dance teacher, Ms. Jin, taught almost everything. She made the choregraphy, lesson plans, and types of performances. Though, she couldn't b-boy because of her injured wrist.



"What are we doing today?" Mini asked you, leaving Sin and R&J to their hushed conversation.

You shrugged, and looked at the sign taped to the mirror. Mini read it aloud.

"Students with performance scores under 100, move to the dance studio, while new..track? tramp? transfer...transferees, and students above 100 move to the bar room. Thank you." She said, scrunching up her nose at the teacher's messy handwriting sprawled over the sticky note. You snickered.

"Your eyes too small?" You . She rolled her eyes, and pushed you away.

"Yo! R&J, Sin. What'd you two get on the perfs?" She yelled at the two.

"115!"

"130!"

"I got 145. Woot! We getta skip class~" She cheered, and ran into the bar room. She was dragging you there too, and you noticed some people were in there. They were chilling against the walls, some unlocking the windows and leaning out in the sunny air, and others sitting at the stools at the bar. They were sipping on energy drinks, water bottles, or sodas.

She took a place at the last of the two poles on the right side of the room, and you slid down against. You leaned back, and closed your eyes tiredly. People whispered.

"Omo! Mint-ssi is in here!"

"Duh, you idiot! She got the highest score, a 182 out of 200!"

"She's the first one to pass the 150 mark in seven years, after Hyoyeon unnie! You shouldn't be so surprised."

"And theres Mini unnie, Sin unnie, and R&J oppa. They're all really good at dancing. But did you see the new transferees?! I can't believe Jay oppa is coming to our school!!"

"I know right! I hope he's a dance major!"

"And his friends from the states? Quiett oppa, and Dok2 oppas too! Their all so cool and hot! Did you see their muscular arms?"

"Heck yes! Totally from b-boying alot!"

"Thank god for b-boying!"

You opened your eyes, to find Mini and Sin smirking down at you mischeviously.

"So... Last night," Sin started. She sipped orange juice from the small bottle. You rolled your eyes.

"Where'd you and Jay go when you left the club?" Mini asked bluntly. Sin choked, and R&J looked at you with wide-eyes.

"What!?!? You and Jay oppa went to the club!? When?!" He hissed in your ear.

"Nothing happened! Jeez. Just because a man and a woman grow attracted to each other and drink a few bottles of alcohol at a bar and go home together doesn't mean something happened." You said.

Mini scoffed. "You just listed the things that were the reason to why something might've happened, you idiot."

"Hold on! Attracted!?" R&J squeaked excitedly. You buried your face in your hands.

"Oh my gosh! He's totally into you! Now's your chance to make sure that kingka douchie bag knows your taken!!!"

Sin laughed, and high-fived a smirking Mini. You glared at her.

"You little-"

The door opened, and you heard a small conversation of squeals, shrieks, and gasps from outside, as people passed by.

"Noo! Oppa, don't leave!"

"Oppa, why don't you transfer to my singing class?"

"No! He would come to MY composing class!"

"Why don't the both of you shut up? Of course he would come to the marching band class!"

You didn't look up, but the four of you burst into laughter at the last girl. You recovered fast, and was furrowing your eyebrows in concentration.

"Marching band class.." Mini choked, snickering.

"The hell? There's a class like that here?" Sin grinned, burying her face in her hands to hold in her snickers.

R&J roared with laughter, falling back on the ground.

"Oh my god! Desperate woman!"

Your eyebrow was raised. "Okay that girl has problems. Who the takes marching band classes? Is that even considered a class here? 'Why don't the two of you shut up? Of course he would come to the marching band class!' Mentally retarded girls, full of horse ." You snorted.

The three of them hit the ground with a smack. They started to laugh even harder, tears rolling down their cheeks. You sighed, and crossed your arms. You leaned back and closed your eyes tiredly. The three soon calmed down and started to speak in whispers you didn't hear. As they talked, the door slammed open and a set of heels clacked against the floor.

"Oh, boy." Mini muttered.

"Hey, look her s aren't sticking out today."

"The prost finally admitted she got a job, and took the fake stuff out?"

The clacking came closer until it stopped.

"Yah. Kim Chae Ri."

Your eyes snapped open angrily.

The room went silent.

Your legs were spread out in front of you, crossed together, while your back and head was leaning against the pole. Sin was besides you, Mini on her left, and R&J on your right. You glared up at the barely-clothed girl.

She was shooting daggers at you, her hip sticking out snottily. Her little posse of giggling girls who also didn't have much clothes on were smirking at you.

"I'm talking to you." She hissed. You rolled your eyes.

"Oh wow. I thought you were talking to the wall behind me. Thanks for pointing that out." You said sarcastically.

Girls at the bar covered their mouth, smiles lighting up on their faces.

"I am Jang Ree Ki!" She shouted at you loudly. "Respect me you !"

You scoffed. "Yeah. I'll respect you when your parents decide on a better name for you that doesn't mean messy ." You shot back at her.

Mini turned her head slightly so that Ree Ki couldn't see her smiling. Sin shook her head in amusement, and R&J started to text on his phone, ignoring what was happening.

"You!!" She shrieked loudly, like a dagger stabbing into your brain.

"I saw you walk out that car with Jaebeom oppa! Stay away from him because he's mine!"

Girls started to whisper, and some had taken out their phones to record the fight that was about to break out. Guys groaned, and went back to their business, only to be shushed by their girl friends, and their girlfriends.


You sighed boredly, and closed your eyes again. You blocked out her screeching voice, and fell into a slight slumber. You awoke a half an hour later to find her across the room. She was on the couch that lined up against the windows, fixing her nails.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Mini commented, playing a game of checkers with Sin on the floor.

"Where'd you get the board from?" You asked her. Your voice was slightly slurred and hoarse, since you just woke up.

"Mrs. Jin stocked the cabinets with board games. Thought we would be bored for the next few hours."

"How long are we staying in here?" R&J whined, you flicked his head, and he moved back swiftly. He rubbed the spot, pouting slightly.

"As long as it takes for her to settle the new kids in, talk about the test performance, and help them partner up, etc." Sin replied, taking Mini's black checked and making a king.

"Woah! Not far!" Mini whined.

"How long will that be?" R&J asked again.

You shrugged. "Two or three hours?" You said uncertainly.

He groaned. "Noo.." He whined.


You rolled your eyes, and moved so that your head lay in his lap, and you were facing Mini and Sin, who were laid down on the floor playing the game. R&J played with your hair, texting someone on his phone again.

"I'm gonna sleep again. Night." You said tiredly.

"Bye bye." "Nighty~" "Don't let R&J's lice bite."

You closed your eyes, and fell asleep immediately.