× 25 × - Taking a Step Farther

A Star, but a Touchable Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHPd1uUoww

Y CHAPTERR. I KNOW. SO SORRY GAISS <3 I just found out, to my utmost horror, that I have two more exams to finish. So I can't skip my last week of school, sorry guys! I'm trying my best! This story will continue on at a fast pace, -3dayslatersortofchapters- and will escalate quickly with tons of dramatic events. I'm traveling overseas, in four weeks! D: I hope you all will enjoy this little emotional chapter!

This Chapter was Written and Published on:

May the 27th, year 2013.

12:22AM.

 

_______________________

× 25 × - Taking A Step Farther

 

Running hasn't always been my favorite pastime. Not now, not in the past, not ever. Especially in heels. On the way to wherever, I stopped by a shoe store, and bought a pair of black converses, then slipped them on and threw my heels away. It wasn't the best or careful thinking I've done so far, but I was sick of those heels and the blisters forming on my feet. I slipped out of the shop shortly after, and threw on my jacket then started to walk to the nearby café. I entered and heard the bells ringing, a dim sound that bounced right off my ears as I looked around in a haze.

What the hell am I doing?

I decided to sit down at an empty table. The café was empty, since it was three in the morning. I ordered a Vanilla steamer, and waited for the person to make me my drink. He came back a few minutes later with a large cup in his hands.

"One Vanilla Steamer." He said politely, a friendly smile on his lips. I nodded, and gave him a twitchy, forced smile while taking the cup from his outstretched hands.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome."

He turned around, and I walked back to my seat, and sat down. I pulled on my jacket sleeves and blew into my hands, and closed my eyes tiredly. I racked through my brain to remember where I was but found nothing.

Stupid decision, Chae Ri. You don't even know where you are.

I took a sip of the steamer absent-mindedly, not even noticing how it was still boiling hot and burned my tongue. I took another sip, and another, then put down the cup.

Where's my ph- Oh, found it.

I pressed on the home button, and my screen lit up. My alert had come on while I was walking or probably shopping, and it stated: 6 missed calls and 23 messages. I typed in my password, and looked at the texts my friends had sent me. I scrolled down my page uninterestedly, then closed my phone, not bothering to look at my voicemails. I sighed and opened my Maps app.

Just a few miles from my house.

I sighed again, and put my phone back into my backpocket, and looked out the window. At the corner of the street, I saw a shadow move away, and my eyes narrowed suspiciously at the place where the shadowed person was at. A few seconds later, I looked away, thinking I had too much alcohol.

I placed a few bills on the table and stood up. I started to walk out the shop, and into the night, headed for nowhere. I tilted my head back and looked up at the sparkling sky, with millions of glowing stars overhead.

So much to deal with. So little time to solve them all.

 

______________________http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x94m407UJSI_______________________

 

Jay;

 

I took a deep breath, and moved my head to look out from where I was standing at. She had exited the café and was walking towards a park nearby. I slid away from the wall, and started after her, slickly dodging her glances and hiding behind trees. She stood in front of the glowing fountain, peering down at the emerald water with enclosed eyes. Then, she sat down on the ledge and buried her face in her lap.

I turned around, and leaned back against the tree. I closed my eyes tiredly, and slid down. I groaned lowly, and ruffled my hair.

She won't want to talk to me. Not after I was such a dickhead.

A few seconds later, I made I bit my lip, and stood up determinedly. 

She wanted me at the club. She won't push me away. She likes me.

I turned back around with confidence, and shrugged the tenseness out of my shoulders. I took a step forward, out of the trees, then froze as I heard a loud sob emit from the body curled up by the fountain. I watched her silently and painfully, eyebrows furrowed. Her shoulders moved along with her cries, her body shaking with obvious sadness.

"I hate you." She cried out, tilting her head back to stare up at the lit up moon. "I hate you."

She let out another loud sob, mixed in with a choking sound and whimper, and I moved forwards to comfort her. Before I could take another step, I had frozen.

Goddamnit, Jay! Help her out! 

All I could do was stand by and watch her cry her beautiful eyes out, her brown hair moving along with the slight blow of the wind. My hands curled into fists, and my teeth bit down on my bottom lip. I didn't, wasn't, hadn't been able to address the flick of pain. My heart was pounding in my ears, my blood rushing up into my face and my body heated up with anger.

I watched. I stood there and watched. Tears were sliding down her cheeks, wetting up her face and washing off her mascara, leaving black streaks on her pink cheeks. Her lips quivered, then folded into as she tried to cover up her sobs, and instead had muffled sounds emitting from . Her small hands clenched into tiny fists, as she slammed them against the concrete. My eyes flowed down to her now bleeding knuckles, blood building up at the tips and dripping down onto the white cement, tainting it red.

Don't hurt yourself. I thought angrily. Don't in' hurt yourself.

She punched the ledge once again, and I clenched my jaw to prevent myself from yelling out. She opened and let out a scream of anguish, standing up in a flurry and pulling on her hair. 

Why the hell is she so mad?!

"You ing idiot!" She screamed into the air, and turned sideways, so that I could see the left side of her face. It was wet with tears, and still, more cascaded down that soft cheek of hers. 

Stop hurting yourself. That won't solve anything.

She calmed down after a few seconds, and collapsed on the ground, burying her face in her hands.

"Jay." She whispered. "Jay."

My eyes softened.

Worried about me?

She rocked back and forth, and I decided I had had enough. I gave her one last glance, and shrugged out of my blazer. I let it fall to the floor in a small thud, but not loud enough for her to hear. I sighed, and started to walk away, my heart feeling heavy from what I just saw and experienced. 

How was I able to affect her so deeply?

We've only known each other for a short while, I didn't even know her favorite colors, animal, or someone she looked up to. We just got together, chatted, decided we liked each other...and then what? I stupidly asked her out because I thought she was my female other?

ing stupid.

I stopped, and heard her hiccup, and the loud dialing of a phone.

"Hey." She croaked out, and I raised an eyebrow. "Rin."

Who the is Rin?

"Rin Jae." She said again. "Come pick me up."

I heard a small pause, before I heard her voice call out again.

"A park."

Another small pause.

"I don't remember. A few miles away from my house...okay...I'll be waiting."

Rin Jae, huh? Is it that gay?

My phone vibrated in my pocket, and I sighed, and began to walk away once more. I came out the park, and turned a corner, into a dark alley.

I picked up my phone.

"What is it now, Angel?"

I heard her crying in the background, and my eyes narrowed. Then, I heard muffled sounds, and I started to grow more and more tense.

What the ?

Then, I heard a voice.

"Hello, Jay." That familiar deep voice of my ex-member said lowly. "If you don't do as I say, then I might just hurt her pretty little face."