× 20 × - Snakes and Vines

A Star, but a Touchable Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWKS1pu2gIM

_______________________________

× 20 × - Snakes and Vines

 

Where have I seen it before?

 

~

"Who are you?" I said weakly, staring at the familiar man. The man gave me a dark chuckle that sent cold shivers up my spine. Behind him, he had escaped the grips of his friends, that had sighed and clapped him on the back. He slowly walked forwards to me, and I backed away from him in fear.

"I'm your dear uncle, sweetie." The man said warmly, but his eyes were icy cold.

"No." I said, shaking my head. "I have only one uncle, and he's-"

"Your uncle Jeff. Yes, sweetie, it's me." He said softly, curling a stray strand of hair behind my ear. As he did, he brushed my cheek, and I winced in pain. I widened my eyes, and stood up, stumbling slightly.

"Chae Ri!" 

My head whipped around, as a set of arms helped me balance, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and wrapping her arm around my waist.

"Kylie?" I questioned, staring at her in disbelief. "Get out."

She widened her eyes at my cold statement. "Huh?"

"Get out, now." I snapped, ready to push her away. I didn't want her to get mixed in this gang. They were dangerous, I knew it. They could kill without hesitation, torture someone happily, and live just to serve whoever ran this gang. I remembered the last time I had fought alongside them, against the South Korean mafia leader, Mr. Park. Their mafia was merciless, cold, and resilient, but they only killed if they had a valid reason, unlike this gang. Mr. Park was gentle, polite, nice, yet strong and very strict. I've met him before, and he looked similar to someone, but I don't know who.

How did I know this?

"No." She said, her eyes clouding with sorrow. "I have to stay."

That was when I noticed her tanned wrist, with a tattoo on it. Not just any tattoo.

A snake with vines.

Anger clouded my vision. Memories flashed in my head. The last time I saw him, this man, and when Gin had changed. I had been knocked out on my way back home. I woke up in a dark room, a cellar probably, and I was tied to a pole on the wall. Someone had blindfolded me before I could observe my surroundings, the taunting, humiliation, the harassment, how scared I felt during that one time.

Uncle Jeff had erased my memories.

"You..you.." I said speechlessly, letting go of Kylie. I stepped forward, and met my uncle face-to-face. He chuckled, and patted my cheeks.

"Hello, dear. I'm glad to hear that you finally got to your senses."

My hand twitched, and I lifted it up and slapped him. It created a sharp sound, like the breaking of a branch. Kylie gasped.

Gin stepped out and so did him.

I noticed something different though. They were paler. Darker. There was a mischievous, cunning, demonic glint in their eyes, and there were bumps under their lips that looked as if they had braces.

"You erased my memories?!" I shrieked loudly. "Why did you do that?! Uncle we were-"

"I know what we were doing." He said icily. "And I wanted to keep you safe."

"Keep me safe?!" I hissed. "You monster! I will never be safe as long as I-"

He snapped his fingers and I immediately flew back, and was pinned against the tree by a strong force on my arms. I struggled, and the force tightened, making me gasp heavily. My head snapped to the right, and I noticed two bulky guys besides me, one arm holding onto mine.

"Dear, dear." Uncle murmured. "You have grown out of control over the years, Chae Ri. Maybe it's time to teach you some discipline, hmm?"

He brought out a small knife, and my eyes widened. My leg flew out to kick the guy on my right, and he groaned in pain. I flipped the guy on my left over my back onto the other guy, and rushed out the shade with the men following me. I started to run into the path back to the beach, hearing their shouts from behind.

I didn't look at anyone, neither did I look back to apologize to them as I pushed past them, but instead began to get impatient as they stood still in my way, and deciding to swat them out.

I exited the park, and bumped into a hard chest. I fell on the sand with a squeal. I stood up quickly, and brushed off my clothes, then apologized.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you, and I'm in a rush, so by-"

"Chae Ri?"

My head snapped upwards, and my mouth fell open.

.