× 2 ×

A Star, but a Touchable Star

× 2 ×

 

 

"Let's dance."

 

You raised an eyebrow, seeing Jay's smirking face. I don't know this guy that well, but I know he's got something in mind.

"Alright." You agreed, and he helped you up, as Far East Movement's song, Dirty Bass came on. You felt Jay swaying behind you, and you soon started to move to the beat.

"This beat is dope." You said, quickly moving through the crowd to the middle of the dance floor.

The song was beating sugar in your veins, making your heart race faster every second. You knew that you were starting to get into the club mood, and wouldn't die down till you out from drinking too much beer, or taking too much shots. You started to jump to the chorus part, waiting for Tyga's verse to start breakdancing.

Hands s around your waist. You smirked.

"Having too much fun without me?" Jay's breath in your ear sent shivers down your back. Your hands ran through your hair sensationally. He groaned.

"Should I dance your choreography?" You whispered in his ear. Jay smirked.

"You watch my videos?" He asked. You laughed.

"Hell ya. Those moves were fresh." You complemented him.

"I'll hold you to that." He smirked, and bowed his head invitingly, moving back as three guys stepped into the circle that was being made.

"Yo, Mint. And hey idol . Let's dance." The guy in the middle with red hair, and four piercings on his ear snarled.

You raised an eyebrow. "Shoot for it." You retorted, stepping next to Jay. He wrapped an arm around your shoulder, and you leaned in to smell his cologne.

Nice.

"Babe. You'll find out that the man has nothin, and you'll come to me." The guy with the red hair called out over the music, winked at you, and started to dance.

Jay chuckled. "You see it, right?"

You scoffed. "Who can't. I think most experienced b-boyers can obviously recognize his messy footwork." You mumbled.

Jay laughed. "Aren't you an expert?" He teased you.

You shrugged. "Just doin my job as a stripper." You said randomly. Jay laughed again, and moved in the middle. You moved in besides him as Tyga's verse came up.

Perfect timing. You two soon synchronized, and started to dance to Jay's choreography. As his verse passed, you moved closer and started to get into the song. You spinned around on the floor, doing air flares around the circle. You ended the chorus with a suicide, landing on your back, and stood up, blowing off the guy with red hair. 

The crowd around you cheered. The DJ, Cut, wooed in the microphone.

"C.R. in the house!!" He shouted. Everyone cheered again.

"Round of applause for our girl, and her y new boyfriend, Jay Park! Wish them lots of healthy babies." Cut winked at you teasingly. You groaned, and flicked him off. Jay laughed, and pushed you through the crowd, towards the bar.

"What you want?" Jay asked you, patting his pockets, signalling that he'd buy you a drink.

You mentally grinned at your song reference, in high spirits for the first time today. You felt the thrill of competing against someone, and wished you could do it again.

"I'll take an Adams." You said, pointing at the bottle in the fridge. The bartender took it out, popped the cap, and handed you the bottle.

You took a long drink from the bottle, and set it on the counter. Jay had another in his hands, looking at you.

"Before you get drunk as hell, give me your number." He said, giving you his phone. You shrugged, and put it in his contacts, labelling the name: Fresh Ri.

You grinned at the name, and called yourself, then gave him his phone. He chuckled at the name.

He stared at the name. "The hell is Fresh Ri?"

"Chae Ri is too plain. Mint also. Who the crap has a person with initials in their contacts that rhymes with E.R.? That's dope right there." You snorted, chugging down the burning liquid.

Jay laughed. "Your gonna get drunk, woman. Calm yourself down."

"Exactly. Either I dance till I drop, someone drags me outta here, or I'll drink myself dead." You replied, shrugging. Jay looked at your three already finished bottles, and stood up.

"Okay. We're outta here, I'm not going to bring a drunk woman back home." Jay said immediately, chugging down his beer, and dragging you out the club. You protested.

The hell am I supposed to do tomorrow? I have college.

"Dude. Jay. I don't know you that well. I have school tomorrow." You immediately said.

Jay rolled his eyes. "You think I don't go to college still? I know where you go. I'm attending there too."

"The hell?! You stalker, how the-"

"You've got fans. Woo. Such a miracle." Jay pointed out, staring at the group of guys who started to take pictures of you. Jay walked towards his car, unlocked it, and opened the door for you.

"Milady, please get your  in the carriage." He said impatiently, wrapping an arm around your waist and pushing you into the car. You were busy staring at the guys who were staring at the both of you, but lost focus and closed the door behind you.

Jay came into the car, and started the engine.

"Where we going? My friends are still in there." You asked, rolling down the window as Jay went on the freeway.

"Someone's posting stuff 'bout you on the internet. Heard you lost your studio. 'Mma bring you to mine." Jay said, not even sparing a glance in your direction, with one hand on the wheel and the other hanging out the window sill.

Your eyes lit up. "New studio? Yesssss! Hopefully it's better than that piece of scrap." You mumbled.

Jay laughed.

"That piece of scrap won't even be worth comparing."

 

~

The both of you had reached Jay's dance studio.

Chae Ri quickly jumped out the car, slamming the door closed. Jay turned off the engine and slipped the keys in his pocket, following her. He observed the slight bounce in her steps, and her now-glowing face, something totally different from the cold one at the club.

Jay went in, and opened the lights. She followed him through the several doors, and pushed past him into the dance studio. The same exact one where he had probably practiced all day, where his videos had been filmed, where he choreographed different dances to different songs.

"Like it?" He asked, leaning on the door with his arms crossed. Chae Ri turned around, and felt her heart skip a beat at his model-like pose. He looked perfect.

She nodded childishly, and stretched. "Let's go."

She yawned, and headed back out to the car with Jay following her. She entered the car, closed the door, and waited for Jay to start the car. As he closed his door, and drove out, she laid back and closed her eyes.

"Yah. I don't know where you live." Jay said quickly, patting her arm.

Chae Ri shrugged sleepily. "What college do you goto?" She asked. Jay raised an eyebrow, contemplating on whether he should answer or not.

"K-Arts. School of Dance." He finally said, wondering if she was still conscious or not.

"Good, then you have nothing to worry about." And she knocked out.