× 17 ×

A Star, but a Touchable Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chqasO84O7M 


Dance

_______________________________

× 17 ×

 

"Alright, alright!" I said loudly, clapping my hands together. I threw my dance bag in the corner, and gestured for all kids to sit down.

They were all around 14 and 15, young and still oblivious to the dance world. I had decided to give them a good, hard, complex lesson that they'll have trouble with, so if we ran into a problem along the way and I popped it up at a later time, they wouldn't question most of it since they had already experienced it. I was pretty sure this was on the end-of-year exams also, so it would be good practice.

Practice makes perfect, right? Well, if your practice is perfect, then if you practice the perfect kind of practice, practice makes perfect can apply to you. That just confused me. What was I saying again...?

Oh yeah. Groups.

"I want everyone to seperate." I said.

They all gave me confused looks.

"Who came here to dance?" I asked.

They became even more confused, even some began to whisper amongst themselves of how stupid I was. I rolled my eyes.

"It's rude to talk about someone when they can't hear. If you have something to say to me, then say it out loud, please." 

A girl spoke up. "Your question doesn't make sense. Everyone came here to dance." She said haughtily.

I gave her a smirk, and she stepped back.

"Yes. But, you haven't been using your mind, have you?" I asked, leaning against the wall. My eyes scanned over the class, and I raised an eyebrow.

"The ones who came to dance, and you know what I mean, step forward." I said.

One by one, the few kids stepped forward. Atleast 6, by my view.

Out of 24, though?

I gave them all an assuring smile, and they gave shy smiles back.

"Stand by the window, please." I said.

"Who doesn't have self-confidence about your dancing?"

Another 6 came, and I told them to stand by the door.

"All of the rest of you, are probably aiming to be an idol, am I right?" 

The 12 kids in the middle nodded.

"Good."

"Now, I want you all to form groups of four. One each from the group of dancers, the group of unconfidents, and two artists to join together. Once you have your group, sit down."

I pressed play, and watched as they scrambled around to make the groups. I could obviously tell how each group would go. There would be two groups that could easily pass this class, two haughty groups of girls or guys that think they're the best, a group of people who dance nicely but not as good, and a group of failures.

I stopped the music, as soon as the last group sat.

"So we passed the first part of  the lesson." I joked. "I was scared that everyone didn't know each other as well."

Some laughed, while the girl who spoke earlier and her friends just rolled their eyes.

I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going to be your new teacher, I'm pleased to meet you. I'm Kim Chae Ri, but you can call me Mint. I'm an eighth-year dance scholar, that also attends Ms. Jin's classes. I major in advanced b-boying, popping, and choreography making."

"What happened to Ms. Jin?" A boy asked.

"She's busy, and will continue to teach classes, but had asked me to teach the first and second years." I replied.

"I thought this school was professional?" The girl from before spoke up. 

"What's your name?" I snapped.

"Kim Haneul."

"Of course, typical rich girl name." I muttered under my breath.

A group that sat in the front, who had heard me clearly, started to laugh. 

"Well, Haneul-ssi, this school is professional. And if you have a problem with that, I'd like you to please visit the front office." I gestured towards the door. "Or change classes."

She grew quiet, and I smirked.

"Any more questions?"

No one spoke up.

I nodded, and clapped my hands together.

"Well, today, we will be learning how to move to the rhythm in counts. I will ask you questions, and since I don't know anyone, I want you to tell me your name first before you answer. What's a count?"

I picked on a girl, who was average height, average weight it looked. She seemed very interested, and I was glad.

"I-I am Jenny Kim. A count helps you dance more easily, and can break down dances in 1, 2, 3, 4 beats." 

I nodded. "Good. I'll give you an example."

I started to pop slowly, in a 1,2,3,4 count. 

"1, 2, 3, 4." I showed them, and one-by-one they grew more and more interested.

I coughed awkwardly, and scratched my head.

"Well, I'll give you this week's assignment." I said. "Since you all are in groups, and we have two hours of class time, I want you to join together to create dances to...." I grabbed my iPod, plugged it in to connect to the stereo, and scrolled through songs that were appropriate and wouldn't cause complaints.

"This song."

I played it, and they all gaped at me. I raised an eyebrow, then paused it.

"Any style you want. Any moves. I'll trust that the second years will be of help to the first years, since this is exactly the same as your end of year exam." 

They all stared at me as if I was crazy. I kind of knew that already. Considering how much has been happening these past few days, I would be surprised if I was completely normal. But, there's no way that would happen, since even when I'm normal, I'm dosed with a touch of crazy. And, this was how my parents taught me. They gave me a song to create a whole choreography on, gave me a few tips, and left me to do it for a week.

I sighed, and pulled off my vest. I threw it on top of my dance bag, and put my hair up in a messy ponytail.

"I'll give you an example."

I looked at the boy next to the stereo.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Kim Yesung." He replied shyly. I gave him a smile.

"Well, Yesung-ssi. Could you be my new helper?" I asked him.

He nodded slowly, and his bangs fell in his face. I laughed.

"Your the closest one to the stereo. I want you to control it, turn on the music, stop it, and fast-forward or rewind. Put in new songs every week, anything you'd like. Your the new class DJ."

A few guys groaned in disappointment. He gave me a wide-eyed look, and I gestured for him to turn it on.

"Skip to a random song, and I'll show you guys how to do it. Watch carefully, and I'll give you a few tips afterwards." I said.

He nodded, and held onto the fast-forward button, then stopped.

A song came on, and I began to clap my hands to the beat. I the

~

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q09lglp8MOc ) A/N: I have no idea to...describe dance scenes, so lets just leave it to your imaginations when you hear the song. LOL. The part where she danced to starts at 1:30, and she just shows them how to move to the beat for like ten seconds till 1:44...idk, then starts dancing till 2:32. ^_^. Kbye.)

~

I ended the dance with an air flare, and landed on my shoulders. Yesung stopped the song, and I gave him a thumbs-up. I winked at him, and he grinned at me proudly. I stood up, tightened my ponytail, and straightened my shirt which had slipped down a bit when I had done a small freeze in the back.

The kids began to applaud, and some hooted. I gave them a smile.

"So you see what I mean? Let your bodies move to the beat. I suggest you all listening to the song for a few times, look at the lyrics, then just dance by yourselves. As you move along, you remember every step, then talk to your other members and come to an agreement, then practice the dance altogether. It's sort of like making a sketch of what you want to do for your painting, or a rough draft of your essay." I said. "Any more questions?"

They all shook their heads, and I grinned.

"Class dismissed. I suggest staying here and talking it out, exchanging numbers, what not. Just get it done. If you need any help, you can slip a note in my locker, which is 1492."

I then put on my vest, slipped my dance bag over my shoulder, then walked out the classroom. As I went outside, I saw Jay and the guys running on the track, and a smile started to find its way on my lips as I noticed his Grandpa Beom-style "running". It gave me a flashback to when I had first seen it.

~ Flashyback ~

"What's this?" I questioned, placing the remote down on the table and leaning forward.

I was at home. Gin had to go to a freaking dentist appointment, unfortunately, and I had  to stay home alone. -_- stupid Gin.

I grew interested, and started to smile at 2PM's antics. They were all adorable in a way, and though they looked so intimidating.....of course, their nicknames were beast dols. Wooyoung, really? Teddybear pajamas? 

I was most attracted to Jaebeom. From his way of walking, the way he talks, which is slurred korean and not at all neat, it was obvious that he must be an American-born South Korean. I let out a loud laugh as I saw the way he jogged to catch up with Taecyeon and Chansung.

I was kind of sad, though. I looked up to him, admired him, and he was my motivation in dancing, b-boying mostly. I understood what he meant by how he disliked Korea. I mean, come on. I was born in the states also, and because of my parents business, I had to move to South Korea. They left me here, alone, with no one to be able to help me, bought me a house, entered me into a professional Arts school, then traveled around the world, with me at the age of 14.

I snapped out of my reverie, and stood up as Gin walked into the living room.

He gave me a sweet smile.

"I'm sorry I'm back so late. But I bought your favorite salad in the world!" He sang, holding up a brown bag of Panera Bread.

My eyes shined brightly, and jumped onto him. He laughed and swirled me around. I looked behind him, to see Park Jaebeom's face grinning in the screen, hearing his sincere, happy laugh, and seeing him desperately trying to get into the club.

My heart started to beat faster, not because of the way Gin's arms had tightened around me or how he pressed a kiss on my forehead, but because of the way Jaebeom's smile had glowed so brightly, and sincerely, and how relaxed he seemed when dancing.

~ Flashyback ends heuh ~

 

"Chaeeeee-ah."

What the-

Jay had caught up quick.

Weird. Did I get slower?

My eyes looked side-to-side, to survey my surroundings, and I found myself in the same place as before when I had looked back.

Eh, side-effects of flashing back, I guess? 

I must be really screwed in the head.

Hahahaha!! You know it gur-

"Chaeeeee~ Stop ing ignoring me!"

Did he just pull out the f-word in a sentence, concerning me? Oh hell na-

I whirled around quickly, and shot daggers at him. He stepped back coolly, with his hands in his pockets, and looking back at me with laziness. If he tries to apologize...I will seriously hit him in the head, kick his little "Beommie Jr." and shove him in a tree.

Don't ask how I'll do that.

"Jay, have you ever heard of the term-"

He moved in swiftly to peck me on my cheek. I stiffened, my cheeks growing red, and he leaned backwards. He arched an eyebrow as he saw my vivid blush, and gave me a smug grin.

"Wipe that off your face." I muttered, taking out my hair tie, letting my hair cascade down my shoulders. I turned around to walk away, but he wrapped his arms around my waist, brushing the knots out of my hair softly.

I felt his hot breath on my ear in a second, and his hand slipping something into my pocket, and something into my bag.

"I'll see you later, Chae." He murmured, then his arms loosened around my waist. I looked back, to see him clasping hands and bumping shoulders with Chase, then entering a bread shop. 

I stood there for another minute, before hitting myself.

You idiot, you idiot, you idiot! You were supposed to leave him, but he ended up leaving you, you stupid little...

I sighed heavily, before beginning to walk towards my house. As I turned the corner, I remembered that he slipped something into my pocket. I ran up to my front door, unlocked it, and stepped inside the house. I heard my friends yelling at each other upstairs, probably in the guest bedroom where I kept all the spare clothes in, and they were probably yelling about what to wear.

I put my bag in the laundry room, then went to the kitchen. I pulled out a water bottle from the refrigerator, opened the cap, and gulped down some water.

I took out the folded up paper, and read it.

 

This is my first time writing a letter, so be nice.

Dear, Miss Kim Chae Ri.

I am so so so sorry. I feel like an . 

       Love,

                        Jay.

 

 

P.S. LOL, Kidding. 

The ? That's all he'll say to me? This little , with no mother-ing , all he could do is slip on a strap-on and make it seem like that's his 9-inch , and the black straps would be is creepy pubic hair around his waist, so he could tap a girl. .

I slammed the paper down on the countertop, but before I turned away, another piece of paper slipped out. I picked it up, and briefly scanned it angrily.

Kekeke. I trolled you, Chae. I bet you fell for that, and I also bet you were cussing me out. Okay, I'll stop now:

 

Dear, Kim Chae Ri.

I wanted to say sorry to you in person, but knowing you, you would've hit me or something. I'd rather save myself from the pain, but I think I deserve it. I was a supah dupah to you, and I can't even believe myself for doing that.

I hope that we'll be able to try again, but this time, as friends. I want to get to know you more, since we've only known each other for two weeks, to say at least. 

I'll keep a distance, and I hope you'll forgive me for what I did. I also thought of keeping a distance, because I would want to reflect on my idiotic actions, and I know you wouldn't want to see this y face for awhile, no matter how y it is, how y it's body is, AND you'll probably hit me, or your friends will hit me. 3 T_T.

I'll see you in a week, when I'm sure we'll both be ready to start anew. I'll be crossing my fingers to see you then, and I'll try my best, even if your not there.

Love,

                    The hottest guy on Earth, with the iest choco abs, iest face, and a big coughcough, that will be missing your b-boying for the rest of his life, your star

                                                               Jay Park. 

 

P.S. Check your bag, and you'll know what I mean about crossing my fingers.

P.P.S. Come in bootyshorts.

P.P.P.S. Just kidding. :D. Dress in whatever you like. I'll miss you. 

 

My lips unknowingly curled up into a smile, as I read his so-called, "apology" letter. I found it adorably cute, in a way, but his arrogance and annoying cockiness made me roll his eyes. Really? "The hottest guy on Earth, with the iest choco abs, iest face, and a big coughcough, that will be missing your b-boying for the rest of his life, your star"

Idiot.

I went into the laundry room, and ped my bag. I opened it, and took out the large white envelope. I went back into the kitchen, walking upstairs to hear them still arguing, and sat down on my bed. I opened it carefully, and dropped the contents down on the blankets.

I widened my eyes, and picked it up.

 

"On September 25th, 2012:

Flight 804, to Austrailia.

Section D

Plane Take-Off: 4:00 AM at Incheon Airport

Plane Arrival: 1:29PM at Melbourne International Airport

Plane Take-Off (Austrailian Time): 6:00AM

Plane Arrival (Austrailian Time): 3:29PM

South Korea to Victoria, Melbourne, Austrailia."

 

There was a total of 6 airplane tickets, and below the airplane tickets were another big pile of rectangular pieces of paper. I picked up one, and read it also. 

"Congratulations!

You have been invited backstage for Jay Park's concert in Sydney, Austrailia on September the 27th, 2012 at 6:30PM."