Chapter 42

If That's What You Want
THIS WILL BE SHORT
 
!not copyread!
 
 
 

IU

 
 
 
I crinckled my nose as I saw people getting all hyped up. There were banners everywhere, a couple of student painting their faces with our school's name and I scoffed when I saw some that had "DH" on their cheeks and holding mini tarpaulins that had that guy's name with heart on it. I turned my gaze to the left and almost gagged from the disgusting view of people wearing masks of DongHae.
 
 
 
Why is he so liked by people?! 
 
 
 
Can't they see that a like him is not worth their attention?
 
 
 
These people are hopeless.
 
 
 
Getting annoyed by the fact that I am letting that fish face destroy my morning, I took my phone out of my pocket to call my boyfriend.
 
 
 
It was nice to know that after that talk with DongHae, the two seemed to be spending less time with each other. They've been ignoring each other and I am glad that everything turned out as I planned. Besides, it's not as if Hyukjae would replace me for the likes of him. As if. I am the perfect girl for him, and even the school knows that fact.
 
 
 
I waited patiently as I heard the dial tone, and beamed when he finally answered.
 
 
 
"Hey, baby!" I said sweetly.
 
 
 
"Hey," came the odd, monotonous reply. But I ignored it.
 
 
 
"Where are you? I can't see you anywhere?" I asked him, whining cutely.
 
 
 
There was a pause before he answered, "I'm skipping class today."
 
 
 
I frowned, "Why?"
 
 
 
"I'm---I'm sick," he replied then coughed a couple of times.
 
 
 
"Are you alright? I'm going to you now---"
 
 
 
"No, that's not necassary. My---my mom's coming to take me to the hospital so I won't be home. I'll just---I'll call you if I get home, alright?" he told me and I let out a sigh.
 
 
 
"Fine. Call me at once. Take a rest. Love you," I told him.
 
 
 
"Thanks," came the short reply and the line was cut.
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
Classes resumed like always. But the thrill in the air was so palpable that some professors were too lazy to teach, since they too, are hype for the game this afternoon. Our schedule would only be until lunch time since the students are given permission to watch the game on the city's dome which was a 30 minute drive from our campus. But me and my girls decided to go to the mall instead. It's not as if we're interested in watching sweaty guys running for a ball in the field.
 
 
 
It was 3:30 and the game would start at 4pm. Me and the girls are getting our nails done when my phone vibrated. I smiled thinking it was my HyukJae but it was replaced with a scowl as I saw who it really was. Reluctantly, I amswered the call and a loud noice came from the other line.
 
 
 
"Ji Eun?" Yoseob's voice spoke.
 
 
 
"What is it?" I replied coldly.
 
 
 
He chuckled, and said, "Just wondering, are you with your boyfriend?"
 
 
 
"Jae is sick right now, so he's at the hospital with his mother," I told him annoyingly.
 
 
 
"Really now? Then tell me why I see a certain Lee HyukJae sitting at the lower box with two people I assume were his relatives?"
 
 
 
"You're lying," I hissed.
 
 
 
"He's here, Ji Eun. And he's even smiling widely and kept on cheering his spouse's name over and over again," he whispered slowly, emphasizing the word spouse. "He does not look sick to me."
 
 
 
That's it.
 
 
 
"Meet me at the entrance of the dome in 20 minutes," I told him and shut my phone. I left a check on the girl doing my nails and ignored the fact that it was halfway done as I went out the salon and into my car.
 
 
 
*
 
 
 
How dare he lie to me? Did he really lie just to watch that guy's game? ANd he was what, cheering him on?! Lee HyukJae, you don't do this to me. You never do this to me.
 
 
 
As soon as we arrived at the venue of the game, I went out the car and easily spotted Yoseob waiting for me at the gates. I strode towards him with a scowl and as soon as he saw me I said, "Where is he?"
 
 
 
He smirked, taking my hand in his and guided me inside. It was noisy and it smelled nasty that my frown deepened as he lead me towards the sea of people, shouting and screaming on top of their lungs. We were walking down the stairs and my eyes are scanning the area furiously and I spotted him. His red hair shining above the crowd as he stood on the bleachers and shouted with the crowd as I saw our school's players taking the lead. The ball was with YunHo, and he passed it to DongHae and if only looks could kill, that brunette would be a dead meat. But I let my eyes return to HyukJae as I heard him cheer,
 
 
 
"Beat them, Fishy!"
 
 
 
Then I let my eyes travel down the field and saw DongHae looking towards HyukJae with a smile. My curled into fists.
 
 
 
"Is that a face of a sick person?" Yoseob whispered in my ear and I snapped. I retrieve my hand away from his hold and walked down to where my boyfriend is. I let a smile paint my face as I neared him, and finally beamed when I patted his shoulder. It was obvious from his reaction that he was surprised to see me here, but I didn't care. He lied to me. And worse, he lied to me just to go to that wretch's game.
 
 
 
"IU?" He said with wide eyes and I smiled at him sweetly.
 
 
 
"Hey, babe. Are you still sick?" I asked.
 
 
 
"I---"
 
 
 
But I didn't let him finish as I said, "Guess I have to kiss you better, then?" Then I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him towards me, letting our lips meet in a harsh kiss. I frowned as I felt him not kissing back, and he was trying to pull away from me, so I let my other hand go at the back of his neck to root him in place. I kissed him deeply, not caring that everyone's starting to look at us. I continued nibbling his lips until there was a sound of a loud whistle.
 
 
 
I let out a surprised yelp as HyukJae harshly pushed me away, making me sit down on the hard bench. As soon as I got a hold of myself, I looked up and glared at my boy friend but he was not even looking at me. His eyes are on the field, looking worriedly at whatever commotion was happening below.
 
 
 
"DongHae," I heard him utter and I clenched my teeth as I tried reaching out to him, to grab a hold of his shirt.
 
 
 
But another hand slapped mine away and I hissed at the loud impact. I turned to my left to see two people towering over me.
 
 
 
"Sungmin?" I said.
 
 
 
"Hey, there," he relied coldly.
 
 
 
"So you're the IU-?" the other suddenly talked and I turned my gaze to him to see his eyes turning into a glower as he continued, "Look here, miss. I'm not usually rude to people I don't know but if you ever---I mean is you even have the guts to do what you did earlier again, I wouldn't hesitate to cut that ty tongue of yours and then staple that disgusting lips," he spat.
 
 
 
"How dare you? I have the right to do that, HyukJae's my boy friend," I told him with a glare but he just scoffed.
 
 
 
"Yeah, and I am his cousing. And by the way, in case you haven't noticed, your so-called boy friend is on his way on the field for his DongHae," he told me and I gasped and turned to the other direction to see HyukJae gone. I tried looking for him but the only thing I saw was his lean body running towards the field, not caring of whoever he was bumping.
 
 
 
"Now if you excuse us, we don't like wasting time on a lowly like you while our precious DongHae is hurt. Ciao, IU-ssi," he uttered scornfully and walked away with Sungmin beside him.
 
 
 
"This---"
 
 
 
I uttered, feeling anger in my system as I let my eyes travel down the field and see HyukJae carrying an unconscious DongHae towards the prepared ambulance.
 
 
 
"This is not the end. I will take back what is mine."