Chapter 43

If That's What You Want

HYUKJAE

 

"Could you please stop pacing back and forth?! You're making me dizzy," Jong Suk hissed at me but I ignored him as I continued what I was doing.

 

"Let him be, Sukkie. Hyuk is just worried," I heard Sungmin calm his brother.

 

There was a scoff, then Jong Suk said, "If I didn't know what happened, I would think that monkey is waiting for his wife on labor. Look at him, Minnie! He's like a father waiting for his first child to come out!"

 

"No shouting in the hospital, please," a nurse shushed him and he just gave an apologetic rely and resumed sulking in one corner as Sungmin walked towards me.

 

"HyukJae-ah," I heard him speak beside me and I turned my gaze at him, "Calm down. Nothing's going to happen to him."

 

I sighed, "But Sungmin, he was---he was unconscious. How strong did that guy knock him down?" I said in a low voice, feeling anger welling up inside me as I remembered the face of the person who attacked Hae. "He's going to pay for this."

 

"Violence, HyukJae. Do you thing DongHae would like you charging towards his assailant? He's too kind for that and he might end up haitng you more," he tried to explain and I bit my to ngue because he has a point.

 

"But what shoulf I do? I---"

 

"Are you the relatives of Mr. Lee DongHae?" a guy dressed in white coat suddenly approached us and I pushed myself towards and gave him a nod.

 

"Okay, so first of all, Mr. Lee is fine. He might just have a bump on his head for hitting his head too hard on the ground but it's nothing big. He doesn't have any concussion. As for his right leg, he would need to walk with a crutches for a day or two since it's swelling. Apart from that, there's nothing more to worry about. Just make sure you apply ice compress on his head and on his foot. You may enter his room, but he's still resting so I suggest you be a little bit quiet," he informed us with a smile and he motioned the door where Hae was staying.

 

"Thanks, doc," I told him and walked towards the room.

 

The room is a suite room, of course it is. I won't allow DongHae to be in a room where he can't be comfortable. I eyed the sleeing figure on the bed as I slowly walked towards him, my eyes not leaving his face for a second. A smile mde its way to my lips as I watched Hae's peaceful face; he was breathing evenly, his mouth slghtly open and his chest rising and falling in sync. Sitting on the stool right next to his bed, I held his hand on mine and place a kiss at the back of it. I let my lips kiss his delicate fingers after that and just let it stay on my cheeks, feeling it's smoothness and warmness I missed so much.

 

Not being able to be with him and touching him has been hard on my. The house felt so empty and silent, the kitchen loked so plain without the smeel of DongHae's cooking or just the sight of him working on some dish with that fishy apron of his, the bed room felt so spacious without him and my life felt so useless if I don't have him in it. I love him. I know I do. Even if I don't know exactly how or when this started, I know and I am 100% certain that I am in love with this idiot. I love everything about him; the way he answers back at me when we tease each other, when he throws me a glare, when he threatens me, when he tries to steal my strawberry drink, or the way he purposely acts cute to get his way with me. I love it. ANd I love the way he show his genuine smiles, the way he giggles when I tickle him, or the way he feels comfartable to cuddle with. His lips were a taste of heaven, if you ask me; they were soft and fluffy and I wanted those lips to be mine forever. I love the way he unconsciously pampers me, taking care of me like how a wife should. I miss it.

 

"I miss you," I whispered against his hand, looking at his peaceful expression.

 

"I miss you so bad, Hae."

 

*

 

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I did and know I can feel my back straining from sleeping while sitting down. But I paid it no attention as I felt the emptiness of my hand. I sat up straight and look up and saw DongHae's eyes open, looking at the other side.

 

"DongHae," I uttered and I watched painfully as he didn;t turn his face towards me, but instead, he just hummed in acknowledgement.

 

"Are you---how are you feeling?" I asked.

 

"Fine," came the short reply.

 

"Are you hurt anywhere? Do you want me to call the nurse?"

 

"No, thank you."

 

Then I stayed silent, watching this person trying to ignore my presence. And it hurt.

 

It hurts how much I can see him, yet at the same time, can't reach out to him. It hurts how he is trying to push me away when all I wanted was to keep him close. It hurts how much I missed him and yet he doesn't seem to miss me a bit. It hurts to see that he is trying so hard to get over me while I drown in these feelings I have for him. It hurts---

 

"I know," came a sudden whisper and my eyes went back up to him. He was now looking directly at me, his eyes pained and sorrowful, as if it was mirroring mine. "I know it hurts."

 

"Hae---"

 

"It hurts so much, Hyuk. It hurts how I love you but can't be with you. It hurts that I want you but can't have you. It hurts that I keep on hoping but turns out in vain. It hurts because I wanted to hate you, to curse you and to forget these feelings but I can't. It hurts---it hurts to know that we are married but you have another person in your heart," he said sadly, his eyes not leaving mine. And i stayed silent because I don't know what to say. I can't find the right words.

 

"But most of all, I hate how I can't let go of you. It hurts that no matter how hard I try to convince myself that I have to let you go, my heart would contest and say otherwise. It's hurting me so much, Hyuk...it hurts that I want to let you go but at the same time I want to keep you beside me forever." He smiled a bitter smile and closed his eyes, a tear spilling out that I automatically reached out a hand and wipe it away.

 

"Then don't," I said, finally finding my voice as I moved closer to DongHae.

 

"Don't let me go."

 

"But, you have someone else," I heard him whimper, still refusing to open his eyes.

 


"I know. But I will end it with her, I promise, We'll be over just please---don't let go, Hae," I leaned forward as he slowly opened his eyes and stared into mine. "I don;t want you to let go."

 

I don't know who erased the remaining distance between our lips but it didn't matter. Everything else is irrelevant now that I got a taste of his lips once again, feeling that little piece of heaven in my husband's soft lips. It as kept short, innocent and sweet as we both parted and stared into each other's eyes. My right hand was cupping his face while the other was smoothing his bed hair as I whispered, "I love you, Hae. I mean it."

 

I heard him chuckle softly and answered, "You'd have to work hard to earn my answer."

 

Smirking at his words, I peck his lips and say, "Challenge accepted."

 

_____________________________________________

HAPPY DONGHAE DAY! <3

 

YOU COULD SAY THE GOT BACK TOGETHER... QUITE?

GOT A BIT TIRED OF ANGST...NEED TO WRITE FLUFF

SORRY IF YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED

BUT...

JUST WAIT ;)

 

THANKS FOR READING

XIE XIE

LOVELOTS