Chapter 15

If That's What You Want

 

LEE DONGHAE's POV

 

"Good night, Hae," Kibum said as he walked me to the door of the house.

 

I smiled as I turned to him, "Nighty, Bummie."

 

And then, suddenly, he leaned in and kissed the corner of my lips, but I did not flinch, nor move away, instead I smiled as he gently pulled away, and his face showed the same amused expression that I have before he kisses the tip of my nose and went inside his car, beeping it once before driving away. As his car disappeared form the road, I unlocked the door and went straight to the kitchen to get a glass of water, smile still on my face. Today's happenings really are unexpected, painful but at the same time amusing; every emotion is clashing inside of me that I don't know what to feel anymore, if I should feel hurt because of HyukJae, happy because of Kibum or excited because of---

 

"You're back," a voice cut me off my trance and I looked back to see Hyukjae in his pajamas.

 

"Yeah. I just got back," I asnwered as I placed the glass on the sink and passed by Hyuk, "Good night," I added and went straight to my room, not sparing another glance.

 

It's not like I intended to act cold towards him, it's not like I wanted to be bitter, it's just---it hurts and I hate feeling this pang in my chest even if I know for myself that I shouldn't be in pain, I shouldn't be infected by his words, that I should never have hoped. Entering my dimly lit room, I stripped of my clothes and go to the shower, wanting the hot water wash away the sores on my muscles, the pain in my heart. Ugh, i sound so pathetic thinking like this. I stayed under the relaxing water for a bit while before dressing up and flopped down to the soft fabrics of my bed, hugging my pillow and recalling what happened.

 

"Why don't we date each other?"

 

"What are you talking about Bummie?"

 

He chuckled, "I am talking about you and I dating. Duh."

 

"But---but---do you like me?" I asked, my eyes bulging out of my socket as he gave me a sweet smile and ruffling my hair.

 

"I don't like you, Hae," he started.

 

"Then why---"

 

"I love you." he ended, cutting me off.

 

"What?!"

 

"Donghae, could you please just let me finish what I have to say?" He warned me, giving me a playful glare, so I shut my mouth and he once again gave a chuckle.

 

"I love you, hae. I love you very very much, that's why I want us to date, because I want to help you."

 

"Help me for what?"

 

He smirked, before leveling his face to mine, "Help you to make that banshee fall for you."

 

Kibum and I has always been called as the 'innocent type' because of our looks; I don't know what people see in us to call us that, but based on my experience, and because I am always with Bummie, he is far from the innocent type the people branded us to be. He may look tamed, but there are evil thought lurking in his head, and he unleash it if I'm in trouble or something and this is one of the many times he ever planned something out of ordinary.

 

He told me he’d make him fall for me, but I can’t see how he can do that. I shook my head gently, remembering how unpredictable Bum is when he sets his mind into things. He really puts a lot of effort if he wants something done, and this time I am curious to see how he can make his plan work. Well, we’ll see soon, right?

 

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

 

“You’re early again, Hyung,” Kyuhyun said as he sat down beside me. I looked up and bid him good morning.

 

“I haven’t seen Hyukjae around, I thought you two go to school together?” He asked, getting his psp in his bag.

 

“I’m starting going to school through the bus,” I answered not looking up from the book I am currently reading.

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“I want to be independent,” I simply answered just as the bell rang, indicating the start of class. Keeping my book under the desk and pulling out my calculus book as the teacher entered, making the noisy room turn silent.

 

“Morning class, we have a new student today,” he started before ushering the boy inside; an all too familiar figure entered the room, making the girls squeal in delight at what they’re seeing, then the whisperings started.

 

“Wasn’t he the guy Donghae was with last time on the soccer field?” I heard one student asked his seatmate.

 

“Oh my~ Don’t tell me he transferred for Donghae? That’s just so sweet!” The other responded.

 

Yes. The transfer student was no other than my best friend, Kim Kibum.

 

“Hello, everyone. I am Kim Kibum. I hope we get along well,” he bowed slightly.

 

A hand dashed upward, making Kibum acknowledge the question, “Do you know Donghae?”

 

“Yes I do,” he answered, smiling.

 

“What’s your relationship with him?” Another question was thrown to him.

 

Finally, his eyes met mine and he sent me a wink before saying, “it’s a secret.”

 

That was when the entire class turned to me, all giving me teasing smiles and I sunk on my seat, my cheeks obviously red from the attention I am getting, and even Kyu is looking at me with a surprised expression.

 

Damn it, Kibum. What the hell are you trying to do?

 

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

 

“You’re Kyuhyun, right? Donghae has told me so much about you,” Kibum said to Kyuhyunas we sat down to our lunch table and it didn’t go unnoticed that the students are turning to our direction, whispering and giggling at how Kibum was holding my hand tightly, because he is clutching at my hand and I can’t do anything about it.

 

“Yeah,” Kyu answered shortly.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you,” Kibum added, smiling.

 

“Can I ask a question?” Kyu said, and I looked at his serious expression.

 

“Sure,” Bum inquired.

 

“Are you and Donghae-hyung dating?”

 

“No.”

 

“Then why are you clinging to him like that?”

 

“Why? Are you jealous?”

 

I looked at the two back and forth as Kyu sent Bummie a glare and the latter just smiled amusingly, obviously enjoying the younger’s expression.

“We’re just best friends, don’t worry Kyuhyun,” I told Kyu and touched his clenched hand that’s resting on the table, in which relaxed, and he turned to me.

 

“But why is he holding your hand like that? And why didn’t he tell that to the class earlier? Why did he have to answer in a mysterious manner making others misunderstand?” Kyuhyun suddenly whined and he ended up pouting making me chuckle at how cute the younger look.

 

“Kibum just likes to tease, just how he’s teasing you, right Bummie?” I turned to the chuckling Kibum and gave Kyuhyun a nod.

 

“Sorry,” Kibum started as he took a deep breath, feeling tired from laughing silently, “you just looked like a kid being jealous like that. Donghae and I are really close friends and we’ve been really clingy to each other, and you’ll see more of this, and if it lessens your anxiety, you can join us,” he finished, smiling at Kyu.

 

“Aish, Donghae-hyung, your friend is weird,” Kyu told me.

 

“I know right?” I chuckled as I turned to Kibum who suddenly kissed my cheek.

 

“Would you please stop that,” Kyu warned my best friend menacingly.

 

“Bummie, behave,” I told Kibum and tapped the tip of his nose.

 

“Well, hi there,” a tray was dropped on the table and we looked up to see HyukJae sitting down with a pissed expression.

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

TeeHee...sorry for updating this story late... :)

 

Comment and subs!

 

Lovelots <3