Lover's Quarrel

Enemies in Love

 

 

Valentine’s Day is coming and the seniors and juniors of our school are busy looking for partners for prom but I don’t give a damn on that since I’m a sophomore. :P So like what I said, Valentine’s day is coming and I still don’t know what to give to Daehyun. Yes I know him for years because were frenemies since then BUT I don’t have any single idea on what to give him since I know he likes almost anything!

“What about food? He loves food a lot.” Jiyeon suggested as we were eating our lunch. I’m not staying with BAP right now since Daehyun and I are having this cold war after last month’s incident.

 

---FLASHBACK---

We were preparing for the school play, Romeo and Juliet since most of the people want it and according to Mr. Park and Ms. Yoon, it will be perfect if we will present it during Valentine’s Day. He’s Romeo while I’m the Director, Ms. Yoon chose me since I have the leadership skills and for the fact that I’m ‘EXEMPTIONALLY GOOD AT IT’.

We were already in the part where Romeo needs to kiss Juliet. For how many takes, Daehyun don’t want to kiss Jiyeon-unnie, wherein SHE is Juliet, because he thinks that he’s betraying me if he kiss my friend. I told them that it’s okay since this is PURELY acting.

“Just be a pro and good actor and kiss unnie already!” I call out from my seat as I yell at him.

you, don’t be too harsh on Daehyun.” Myungsoo-oppa taps me at the back.

“But he’s being a sissy and don’t want to kiss unnie! GOSH! SOOO FRUSTRATING! Were almost done in the first half!” I exclaimed and went between Daehyun and Jiyeon-unnie. “Is it hard to kiss unnie that you keep on panicking?”

“It’s not if it’s you.” He tries to joke around it but I’m already burning with anger.

“YAH! I SAID BE A PRO! This is a school production and you should be serious on it! We keep redoing this part because of that attitude of yours! Be realistic and feel the character! I am not Juliet, Jiyeon is! You’re Romeo, not Daehyun this time! You’re inlove with Juliet, not to me. You can’t live without her and you only want her! All I’m asking is just that one kiss from Romeo and but due to that mind of yours, you can’t do it!” I shouted at him, I was already flaming in the very beginning.

“Uhmmm.. you, I think Daehyun already understand what you want to happened. You don’t need to shout at him.” Jiyeon said and try to let me go back to the director’s chair. The rest were quiet and I don’t care.

“okay! Let’s take it to the top!” Woohyun-oppa said and signals Daehyun and Jiyeon-unnie to start.

After exchanging lines, we arrived at the kiss scene. This time, Daehyun is in character, as well as Jiyeon. In every move that he makes, all of us were in a mode of anticipating what he will do next. We were spazzing even Myungsoo-oppa. ‘Almost, almost’, I silently muttered.

Daehyun caress Jiyeon’s cheeks and held her in the waist. He bends down until their faces were too close to each other. After a second or two, their lips were connected. Butterflies in the stomach? Most of us felt it, Myungsoo-oppa was proud on Jiyeon-unnie and immediately hug her after the kiss. Woohyun-oppa was shocked at first but later on cheered for them. But why do I feel different? I’m the director, I’m supposed to be happy on the act that they gave but I feel heavy. My body then became hot and I can’t take my eyes off Daehyun who was smiling at the rest of my classmates. My cheeks were burning and I my eyes became watery. Daehyun looks at me but rather than seeing him smile, he was in poker face then walks towards me.

“Happy now?” He said and passed through me.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

 

“What about Ice cream?” Myungsoo-oppa asked as he helped in thinking for valentine’s gift.

“Gluttony. Don’t want to.” I muttered and rest my head in the table. “So frustrating!”

“You’re frustrated in thinking for a gift or for being disregarded by your boyfriend?” Jiyeon-unnie asked as she rest head parallel to mine. “Which is which?”

“Both.” I simply muttered and close my eyes. “I hate this life!”

“Give him something that comes from the heart than asking for suggestions. That way, he finds it sweet and sincere.” Woohyun-oppa ruffles my hair and slide a chocolate in front of me. “I need to go now, eat it.”

“But your fan gave this to you!” I immediately say it before Woohyun-oppa could stand up.

“I have a lot in the bag. Eat it before you get more upset. Gotta run!” Woohyun-oppa wave at us and went out of the cafeteria.

 

“Oppa, do you prefer homemade chocolates or the commercial ones?” I asked as I stare at Yongguk-oppa’s laptop. We were at their university garden. Umma and Appa will be home late due to some business meeting, and since Daehyun and I are having a cold war, no one will stay with me at home. So it’s been decided that I’ll wait for them till they finish their classes.

“Homemade.” Both of my brothers replied.

“Wae? You don’t know what chocolate to give to us? Or is it because of Daehyun?” Yongguk-oppa asked as he continues encoding his term paper.

I just look down and play with my phone. “Yes.”

“Young love. So cute, so vulnerable..” Yongguk-oppa just muttered as he continues to type.

“What’s important is it comes from the heart.” Yongnam-oppa replied as he gave me a slice of cheesecake.

“Daehyun loves cheesecake.” I muttered as I stare at the cheesecake. “I’m really stupid.”

“Forcing your boyfriend to kiss another girl in front of you, you are stupid.” Yongguk-oppa replied, still typing.

“Yah! Hyung! Let’s not open it again.” Yongnam-oppa said as he stares at Yongguk-oppa. “It’s obvious that it’s you’s fault already, we don’t need to bring it up.”

“I’m just stating a fact that you should not force someone to do something against their will. This kiddo, *he glares at me* is too insensitive to feel what her boyfriend is trying to say. Now that Daehyun already did what she wants him to do, she now starts crying.” Yongguk-oppa said, not minding about my presence.

I could feel my body tremble, my cheeks burning and my eyes became watery again. I’m really stupid for doing that to Daehyun, for being an insensitive girlfriend. “I’m sorry.” That’s all I could say and immediately get my bag and leave the garden.

 

*Yongguk’s POV*

“Now look what you did!” Yongnam nudge at me as we both look at you leaving the garden. “We already get the idea that she was insensitive enough about what happened and now I’m guessing I know where she got it from.” He said as he glares at me.

“I did it again.” I muttered under my breath and close my laptop.

“Do something about it Hyung.” Yongnam said as we both stand up and went to class.

 

I plan to call you  after class to say sorry and make it up for her but I need to wait for another hour to do it. As I listen to the teacher’s discussion, I hear my phone beep. I check the inbox and read the text message from Yongnam.

                Yongnam: you  already went home. Talk to her later.

 

I just inhale silently and put my phone back in my pocket. I really need some explaining to do later. After the class, Yongnam and I decided to buy food for dinner since appa just called that they will be finish in their meeting very late and that they won’t be having dinner at home. After buying you’s favourite *insert favourite food here*, we headed home only to be greeted by a lot of food in the table.

you? What’s going on?” I asked as I put the food in the table.

“You guys are home already? I made dinner.” you  replied as she continue to cook.

“Yeah, you made dinner but isn’t this too much for the three of us?” I try to ask again but I doubt that she’s listening.

“It’s enough since the three of us are really hungry.” She replied with a smile, that fake smile that she always do when she’s too sad already. She may fool a lot of people with that smile, but I know what that kind of smile means.

“I guess this is enough already. Stop that and let’s eat.” Yongman just replied and all of us proceed to the dining table. We ate the food that you  cooked and it’s already obvious that something’s wrong with it. The dishes were too good! you  only cook this good for two reasons: first, is if she’s so happy that she wants to cook, and second, if she’s too depressed and sad that she wants to cook. In this time, it’s obvious that it’s the second one.

you-ah, chew your food properly.” I just muttered as Yongnam and I look at how you  eat her dinner. She just stuffs with food, not minding if she is already full or not. Seriously? I need to talk to Daehyun first before this kiddo.

 

I get out from the house just as we finish our dinner. I told you  that I’m just gonna go for a walk around the neighbourhood but actually I was planning to go to Daehyun’s which is just few blocks away from us.

“Hyung, what are you doing here?” Zelo asks as he opens the door.

“Just chillin’ here. What are you doing here?” I asked as I went inside the Jung’s house.

“Nothing much. We were just trying to persuade Daehyun-hyung to talk to you   and we’ve been doing it for a week already.” Zelo said as he follows me to the living room.

“So? Any progress?” I asked and he just shook his head.

“He keeps on eating as if it’s the end of the world.” Zelo shrugs. The guys are here, even Himchan. Daehyun’s mom came out from the kitchen and immediately sees me.

“Yongguk! It’s nice to see you here. How are you?” She asked me as she came towards me.

“I’m great auntie. It’s nice seeing you again. Sorry for barging in to your house without any consent.” I greet her back and smile at her.

“Aigoo! It’s okay. You’re like my son already. How’s you?” By the time she mention my sister’s name we here a bang from the backyard. “I really don’t know what happened to them and he’s acting like that. All I know is that they had a fight.”

“More like a cold war.” I just muttered under my breath.

“Yongguk, please talk to Daehyun. The other boys try to talk to him, but he won’t budge. I hope he’ll talk to you this time.” Daehyun’s mom told me and went back to the kitchen.

I went to the backyard and see all of them there. Himchan talking to JongUp while Youngjae keeps on patting Daehyun’s back.

“Hyung! Cool you’re here.” Himchan immediately stands up together with JongUp.

“He keeps on eating?” I asked and they just nod. “They really have some things in common.”

“He ate almost a five layers of cheesecakes already.” Youngjae said as all of us eye on Daehyun who’s apparently keeps on stuffing cheesecakes in his mouth.

“Please talk to him hyung. I’m sure he’ll listen to you.” Zelo said as they headed back inside the house, leaving me with Daehyun outside.

I walk towards him and take a sit beside him. “Hey.” I muttered no respond. “You really are a pig when you eat.” No respond. “Maybe if you were at home just now, you’ll be eating all of the food that youcooked.” He stops, but continues to eat. “She misses you.” When I told him that, he stops eating and look at me.

“Really?”

__________________________________-

Late update! Sorry! ><

I know it’s lame but I do hope you like it..

*puppy eyes*

 

<3baboiefrelin