A moment..

Enemies in Love

 

*Your POV*

 

Like any other break up, I would be lying if I say I did not cry every single night. I did not speak to my brothers and it was weird. My parents asked me if something was bothering me and all I do was just giving them a blank expression with college applications at hand. They asked me about Daehyun and I just plainly told them were done and they keep quiet.

Later at night, my mom came into my room and had a heart-to-heart talk. She told me that first love gives to much pain and I couldn’t agree more. She did not anymore ask what happened and why, she just respect my own space and immediately went to bed.

Avoiding Daehyun, my brothers and the rest of their crew was hard. How could I if half of them are attending the same school as me? Junhong and Jongup were trying to talk to me but I immediately go out from the room before they can utter a word. I talked to Woohyun, he told me that seeing them is inevitable. It’s better to at least acknowledge their presence and act normal than be stiff. He told me that I would feel better if it would be like that than letting me drown to bitterness and hatred. I tried it a month after the whole incident at the park, I talked to Junhong at Jongup at least. I feel better until I was feeling okay.

Infinite, Jiyeon and Sulli are still talking to them. At some point, they may not be friends but they aren’t enemies either. My bestfriends, especially Dongwoo and Hoya were even the ones talking mostly to them. The only one not in good terms to them is just me, and I can’t afford to pull my friends into the pit hole with me.  Two months after, I started talking to almost all of them, except for one single person.

 

“Is this seat taken?” He asked. I know it was him, I know him even his presence ever since kindergarten. 

I look up and see Daehyun in front of me, with the table I’m occupying in between. I shook my head, “No one’s sitting there.”  That was all I answered, he then take his sit and study on history.

I just continue doing my assignment, scribbling notes about atomic weight and balancing equations in chemistry. There were no talking happening between the two of us; we were the only ones quiet despite of the busy ambiance of the café. Or so I thought..

“How are you?” he asked me.

I looked at him again and just smile, “I’m doing well. You?”

“The same.” He answered.

“Well, that’s good.” I answered and continue what I was doing.

“Can we go back to the way we were before?” He asked again.

“Huh?”

you    , can we be..”

“Daehyun, I know this may sound off but what happened between us is done.” I answered bluntly, “I can’t afford to let myself be hurt again, especially right now that graduation is coming and college exams are just around the corner.”

“About what happened, I can explain it!” Daehyun tried snapping me out but I don’t want to be affected by it.

“What’s done is done. Even if it’s a misconception, an accident or whatever causes that it gives, it already happened,”

“But at least as friends, can we do that?”

I stopped my track and turn around. Friends? We weren’t even friends since the beginning. I look at him in the eye and just shrugged, “We always fight, we bicker around. But we.. we weren’t friends in our vocabulary.”  I told him, which was true. We weren’t friends. We were enemies since before who suddenly became boyfriend and girlfriend.

“I love you..”

I was surprised to say the least, but I manage to keep a poker face.

“I liked you since kindergarten, got this crush in you since then…then, I completely and utterly in love with you when we get to high school..”

“Daehyun, where is this going?”, I immediately asked him. I am confused. What was he doing? Was his purpose on sitting here was for this?

you    , just please listen to me..”he pleaded but I was already shaking my head, not wanting to hear anything from him. “Please babe, just listen to me.”

“I’m sorry, but what is the use of talking about something in the past?” I try to reason out. I told myself I’m going to deal with this maturely, every single night. I told myself that if he is to explain, I will be listening with no judgments.. But can I really do that?

Daehyun hold my hand. I was trembling and my tears were starting to form. I looked at him, thinking that it was just nothing but I see him like he was back in first grade feeling sorry for breaking my pencil. “Please you    , we need to talk.”

 

We were out from the library and were sitting on a park bench. There were not much people, just three or four families around. He bought me water earlier to at least letting me calm down. I drank a bit of it and just staring at the water bottle.

“Why was it then?”

“Huh?” Daehyun looked at me as I continue to stare at my bottle.

“Why did you suddenly broke up with me?”

I snorted. “Well, I thought that was established in the first place.”

“What happened in the soccer field.. I thought it was light and that we will be okay in the end.”

“I heard from Jiyeon unnie that they’ve told you what really happened before and after the incident in the soccer field.”

“I did not see that coming. Sunhwa, what she told you weren’t true at all. There was nothing going on between us. They did mentioned that she has a thing on me since before but I did not like her back. I never did and just see her as a friend. The recording…” he inhales first then went to grab my hand. I did not resist it. “The recording was a challenge. But all of them knew that Ive liked you ever since. Youngjae was the one to come up with the idea, thinking it would boost myself and that I could actually confess to you this time around than stay on the dim.”

I look at him, thinking if the hypothesis that I have in mind was right. Because if what I was thinking is correct, then we just broke up for a petty reason of a cheesecake. I just kept quiet and let him continue.

“If I only knew what Sunhwa was doing all along, I should act up and made up something.” Daehyun continues as he tightens his grip on my hands. “You wouldn’t be hurt as this, you would not resort on breaking up with me. Sunhwa… yes, she is attractive but I only see her as a sister. I was aware that she had a crush on me when we were kids but ..”

“You know, what you’re saying doesn’t matters now because everything have been done in the past.” I cut him. “When there were chances, you did nothing. And what happened to you and Sunhwa, and even the recording.. they don’t matter now Dae because I’m moving on and I hope you are too.”

“But I want to be with you…”

“But it would be impossible.”

“No you    , it would be possible if we both want it..”

“that is the thing… you want it, I… I don’t know yet.”

“What do you mean you don’t know yet?” Daehyun was looking at me straight in the eyes. “We can start this thing over. We can go back to square one, redo all this.. Starts from scratch.”

“I don’t think I can do that..” I answered, not looking in his eyes.

“Are you with someone else already?”

“No..”

“Is someone making an advance move to you?”

“No… I’m not dating with anyone, I don’t have anyone…”

“Then why?”

I looked at Daehyun and gave him a bitter smile. “I.. I’m leaving..

 

 

 

 

*Daehyun’s POV*

Leaving? What does she means by that? “Are you leaving for another city?”

“No..” she answered, “during the time when Natasha unnie was her, she asked us if anyone of us wants to go visit New York with her. She even asked about my plan for college.” She started to explain herself. “I told them I passed NYU, full sports scholarship with any degree course that I want to take up.”

“Does your parents and hyungs knew about this?”

She shakes her head, “they just found out about it when unnie asked about us during dinner. They even asked me why I did not say anything.” She smiles, maybe remembering that night. “they were happy for me for making such bold decision. When we were starting Junior High, I already had plans in taking up scholarship exams abroad. I passed few scholarship programs in Europe, America and even Australia.. I did not tell anyone about it because you guys might think I was too ambitious. So I keep everything until I get at least one email from at least one school that says I passed.” She looks at me with a smile that I can see as bragging, “who knew I was too smart to pass a few colleges and universities.”

“So … so why NYU?”

“Well, for one there is unnie there. I know someone in New York that can help me if I get tangle myself with problems, and I can stay at her place aside from the dorm rooms.”

“So… you really made up your mind huh?”

“Yeah. I already planned them out.” She answered, “To be honest Daehyun, what …what happened when we were breaking up, when I decided to break up with you .. that was a good yet petty reason to take the scholarship.”

I was stunned. So yes, she did plan to push through the scholarship but the deciding factor of what happened made it an immediate yes was tearing me. I never thought that it became an opportunity for her to grab the chance because I was a total jerk back then.

I look at her and want to say that I am happy for her but I want to be selfish. “So there is no shot for us then?”

“Daehyun, I’ve told you already. I don’t think this would even work..”

“But you also want it to give this a shot… right?”

“Daehyun…”

you    , just answer me with a yes or no…”

“I… I don’t know..”

“Can we promise at least?”

“Promise what?” She looks at me with curiousity in her eyes.

I take a deep breath and looks at you    , “let me work for that yes again…” you    was skeptical on what I’m saying but she just keep quiet, which makes me continue. “Let me work things out. Let me make up for the things that we missed out, and the me being as an . Let me swoon you again while we study and reach for our dreams.. Even if you are in New York and I’m in Korea. Let’s me work things out for us..”

“Daehyun, as much as I want to, wouldn’t that be too much? We are still young, we can meet other people.. date other people…”

“But I don’t want that… I only want you. This time it is your call. You can let me stop anytime. But until I don’t get that short notice, I’m sorry to say Miss Bang but I will do those things to you and for you… for us.”

“You will wait for me?”

“I will wait for you… until you get back. When that time comes, can I be hopeful and have our second shot?”

 

 

“Yes..”

_________________________

Hello! I’m sorry for the long overdue.

Enemies in Love will be finished soon and I am sorry if you guys might think that there will be more chapters.

I also want to apologize for the overdue update. I got too busy with life..

Carreer is very hectic and Grad School was chaotic for the pass years.

I haven’t been also in the kpop limelight soo I hope you guys update me.

Thank you for the love and support of this fan fic..

This might not be my first, but this was endearing to me.

 

xoxo,

missdauxian