You chose her

Enemies in Love

 

 

“She did what?” Jiyeon unnie was definitely mad. As much as I want to keep most of it to myself, I can’t do that with Jiyeon unnie. She would do anything to have everything in details.

“Unnie, I don’t want to draw conclusions.”

“Well I do and that is she is a good for nothing bastard who’s stealing someone else’s boyfriend!”

“She likes him for more years than me,”

“And so as Daehyun to you.”

“Unnie, what should I do?”

“Go on, live your life as happy with Daehyun, don’t mind Sunhwa.” She then hung up and that was how we ended the conversation. I was afraid telling to Daehyun. I am afraid that maybe they have the same feeling with each other without me noticing it. I don’t want to be insecure, but I’m starting to be one and I hate it.

 

“sweetie, you have a visitor.” My mom called out and I lazily walk down but immediately stop as I saw Daehyun in the living room.

“What are you doing here?” I asked as I came near him, “I thought you will be hanging out with my brother s and the rest?”

“Well, I got bored because you weren’t there.” He simply says as he taps the vacant space next to him. I just remain standing but he pulls me down and traps me around his arms.

“Oppa!”

“I want you to sit beside me.” He simple said as he continues to hug me.

 I immediately thought of what happened with Sunhwa. Though I was hesitant, I still asked him, “Dae, can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“You and Sunhwa, what really is your relationship with each other?”

“Why sudden asked me that?”

“You guys are too close to each other, I understand she’s your best friend but aside from that?”

“She’s my best friend and at the same time she’s like a sister to me.”

“How about as a girlfriend?” I asked and he stared at me.

“Girlfriend?” He questioned and looks at me, “how did you come up with that?”

“I’m just asking, there are always possibilities like that. Look at me, I had a crush on Woohyun oppa since middle school and you know that.”

“I never thought of that with her, and I don’t think we’ll work out if that’s the case.”

“Why?”

“Because since the beginning, my heart was never been hers.” He ended the conversation and gave me a peck on the lips. “Now stop pestering me with those questions okay?”

I smiled at him as we divert the issue and talk about other topics.

 

 

I get a chance to be with Infinite and Jiyeon-unnie too whenever Daehyun’s with his friends. We were discussing our surprised birthday party for Sungyeol when Jiyeon immediately pulled me away from them.

“I’ll borrow you   for a while.” Jiyeon said and we immediately went further from the guys.

“What is it?” I asked her and she just looks at me.

“Well, you talked to Daehyun again?” She asked and I nodded. “What did he say?”

“He was being cheesy that time.” I plainly told her and she just stares at me, “He said that he never thought of seeing the other way around with her because his heart was already mine from the start.” I bit my lower lip as I take in the words he told me last time.

“Oh gosh! Your boyfriend is so sweet!” Jiyeon squealed and pinch me.

“Ouch! Unnie! That hurts!” I complained and she just apologizes. When we think there’s nothing more to talk about, we went back to the guys. “Did you mention this one to the guys?”

“Aniyo. Did you?” She looks at me and I shook my head, “any plans on telling them?”

I just shook my head and pressed my lips together. “I don’t want to cause dramas and conflicts. If they found out, my brothers would found out too. I don’t want them to have any misunderstanding on Daehyun.

“But seriously, what about you?” Jiyeon unnie asked worriedly to me and I just gave her a smile.

“Relax unnie. Those are just presumptions. I don’t have to overthink it.” I told her and she just nod, understanding what I meant.

As we went back to the guys, Myungsoo oppa’s phone rang and it was Sungyeol. He was looking for us and as much as were keeping the party as a secret till his birthday, someone needs to accompany him. I decided to be with Sungyeol while all of them.

“You’re volunteering, why?” Woohyun asked me as they know I don’t really volunteer myself to almost anything when we plan out something. I’m a lazy for at times.

“I just want to date Sungyeol, is that bad?” I gave them a puppy eyes that they can’t resist. They agree on it for me to stop and without any objection, I went out from the café and look for Sungyeol. I called Daehyun to informed him about my ‘date’ and he was laughing when I told her I was too lazy to be with the guys to plan and decided to cover them up by going out with Yeol.

 

___________________________________

“Where are they?” Sungyeol asked me as we were walking in the park. We were supposed to go to the Arcade or Mall to have fun but I wasn’t in the right state of mind and suggested the park.

“Busy in school. The college guys are busy on college and the others were helping.

“Shouldn’t we help them?” Sungyeol asked as I shook my head.

“They can handle it.” I told him and gave a smile, “Now, where would we go?”

“Have fun..” Sungyeol said and we did it.

 

On our stroll to the park, we met BAP with Yongnam oppa but Daehyun wasn’t around. We decided to tag along as they were smart enough to know my reason for detaching Sungyeol from our friends.

“Where’s Daehyun and JongUp?” I asked as I notice that he wasn’t around.

“They went to the convenient store with Sunhwa to buy some drinks.” Yongguk-oppa said and looks at us.

“You guys having a date?” It was Daehyun who asked and gave me a wink.

“You can say that.” I grinned and hug Sungyeol.

“Not really a date, hyung.” Sungyeol immediately had his defense which makes Daehyun and the rest laughed.

“Quite a timer, huh?” commented Sunhwa and the laugh died down. I smiled at her and let go of Yeol.

“Timer?” Yongnam-oppa asked her but before he talked, Daehyun speak up.

“Don’t worry Sungyeol,  you   informed me this morning that she will having a date with you.” Daehyun smiled at him then looks at me and gave me another wink. “I told you that it shouldn’t be in my perimeter or I’ll steal Sungyeol away.”

“No fair!” I said and link my arms to Sungyeol.

“Sorry, your date is my date now.” Daehyun said as he swing his arms to Sungyeol and really steal my date away from me.

“OPPA!”

“Sorry babe, a deal’s a deal!” Daehyun said as he walks away from us with Sungyeol and I immediately ran to catch up with them.

 

*Yongnam’s POV*

Right after my sister, Daehyun and Sungyeol were out from our sight, I immediately face at Sunhwa and glared at her.

“O..oppa, what are you doing?” Sunhwa asked, obviously intimidated by how I look at her. She may be my brother’s friend but if someone’s badmouth about any of my family, especially with my siblings, they’re seriously gonna get it.

“Who are you to call my sister a timer?” I asked her while Yongguk and his friends were here.

“I was making a joke--,”

“Making a joke? Or letting my sister feel bad about herself?”

She looks at the rest of the guys as they were clueless on how I act. Yongguk grabbed my arm to stop as Sunhwa was on the verge of crying.

“Yongnam, you’re scaring her.” Yongguk pulled me back as he feels what I’m feeling right now.

“I think it’s best for you to go Sunhwa.” Himchan said but before she went out, I grab her wrist and let her faced me.

“If I found that you’re behind this, you’re going to get it.” With that, she went off.

 

We sat on the bench a little while after. The atmosphere was kind of back to normal and we started to act normally again. While the others were having fun somewhere, my twin interrogate me of what happened earlier.

“Explain.” That’s all Yongguk said and I immediately cut the chase and told him what happened.

you    is never good in hiding between the two of us.  Ever since Sunhwa came, she feel insecure and I get rumors that Sunhwa’s been bullying and threatening you   .” I told Yongguk and obviously he’s confused.

“insecure on what? And threatening? Why would Sunhwa do that?” Yongguk asked as I gave him an ‘are-you-serious’ look, “oh right, because of Daehyun? But why?”

“Because she likes him.” That statement, I think he can connect the things up.

 

 

*Your POV*  

Date with Sungyeol and Daehyun was fun. We went to almost anywhere and ate almost anything we see and wanted to try. With Daehyun with us, my jog was a lot easier. I keep on laughing on their mishaps as well when I’m a victim of it. When it was time to go home, we drop Sungyeol to the bus station and bid him goodbye. We back on our track and hugged Daehyun as he is a very fun and understanding boyfriend.

Another week passed and our coach told us about the tune up game with an all-boys school. Because the coaches want to participate both the girls and boys team, they decided to have a mixed team for our school. I was chosen to be part of the first set as a defender since Lu Han is better off as the striker. Woohyun-oppa, Myungsoo-oppa, Jiyeon-unnie and Hoya were there to cheer for me.  We were having a fun game when all of the sudden, Sunhwa came by.

you   !” She called out which makes all of us stop and I look at her walking towards me.

“What is she doing here?” Chorong asked me as I just shrugged. Woohyun, Myungsoo, Jiyeon and Hoya went to the field towards me. I went to her and was about to ask the same thing when she greets me with a slap.

I look at her immediately as she just smirked at me, “What was that all about.”

“That is for stealing Daehyun from me.” She said and another slap was given to me, “and that as I almost got caught by BAP.”

“You’re not supposed to be here.” Chorong starts to say but she was shoved off.

“Please! Like you also?” That shut all of us up. “She looks at me and went nearer me, close enough for us to kiss. “Listen here , the next time I see you hanging out with Daehyun--,”

“What? What will you do if I hang out with my BOYFRIEND?” I emphasis the word as I stand myself, not caring with the amount of people in the field.

“You will get more than that.” She said and backs her face away from me. “Like seriously, what did you do to hypnotize him? No curves, just mere freaking glasses, not even a girly type, you love playing in the mud do you huh? You’re just like an all-rounder, just pure brains but not even a girl.” She starts to fill in some of the insecurities I felt but that don’t affect me at all. Those were what I felt, past tense.

“ Seriously Sunhwa, Aside from telling me about insecurities that I’m not anymore insecure of, why are you really here?” I muttered and she just laughs.

“Now you talk? Who are you to talk to me? I’m Sunhwa---,”

“And I don’t care.” I cut her. “So what? You might think high and mighty about yourself but hey, you’re not in your territory.” I correct her.

“You really are a , aren’t you.” She began again. “How can you steal someone’s boyfriend?” All of us were taken aback from her words. “You still won’t admit that you stole someone’s boyfriend? That the school’s nerdiest girl is actually a and what? Boyfriend stealer? Who would know you might also steal someone else’s husband?” She smirked and looks over the crowd, while I was fixed to look at her. “Everyone, listen up. Bang you   , the one you keep calling princess and queen of soccer and academics is sad to not the kind of girl you would think of. She’s above average? She’s more like low average to me.”

“What are you trying to do Sunhwa?” I asked her again and she smiled at me.

 “I’m giving you hell honey.”  She said with a smile and looks at me straight to the eyes. “I warned you but you pushed me to hard sweetie. You think Daehyun really loves you like you love him? You really thought that everything he told you were true? You really believed when he told you that you had his heart from the start?” That caught me off guard.

“Huh?” I was speechless and verge of crying to every word Sunhwa but I don’t want to be affected.

“You really are dumb are you?” She said and plays something from her old phone. “Here it is, mind as well hear it okay?”

There was a recording playing and little by little, I recognize the voices under it.

“Let’s have a deal, you check on you   ,” –Sunhwa

“You’re kidding, right?” –Daehyun

“If you confess to you   , I’ll treat you lunch.” –Sunhwa

“Tempting but no.” –Daehyun

“A cheesecake?” –Youngjae

“No.” –Daehyun

“What is this all about?” –Yongguk

“We’re trying to let Daehyun confessed to you   ,” –Himchan

“Is that okay hyung? She’s your sister after all?” –Youngjae

*Long pause* “What’s the catch?” –Yongguk

“I don’t think you should do that?” –Yongnam

“And why is that?” –Sunhwa

“Because it’s bad?” –Yongnam

“Confess to my sister, I’ll give you free cheesecake ‘till highschool graduation” –Yongguk

“Deal.” –Daehyun

 

 That’s it. My heart was seriously aching as I look at the phone.

“Gosh, you really are a fool, aren’t you? You can easily be deceived, not just by Daehyun but also by your one and only brother. Such a pity.”  Sunhwa said as Woohyun-oppa took the phone and throw it elsewhere.

“You really are something are you?” Woohyun said but Sunhwa cut him and looks at me.

“Poor little wuddy kitty, been tricked not just by the boyfriend but the whole gang as well.” Sunhwa said and move closer to me. “You , you , you , you good-for-nothing..”

*SLAPS* I smiled at her after I slap her in the face, “Just be happy I only slapped you in the face.” I whispered as I was about to turn around and play.

you   !!” We looked up and saw a fuming Daehyun coming towards us, more specifically, to me. “What was that all about!?”

“Oppa! She slapped me!” Sunhwa faked a cry as I rolled my eyes.

“I slapped her, so what?” I coldly answered and was about to turn away but he grabbed my wrist.

“Why?”

“What do you think?” It pains me but I need to be colder and stronger, not to be deceived by him or anyone else.

“What is wrong with you!” He hollered and helped Sunhwa, “How can you do that to someone who’s sick and fragile. Why are you careless! Why are you being a bully!? ”

I was taken aback but something stops me. “So, it’s okay if they can fool me, bully me, take me for granted and let me feel in deep because they’re sick and fragile while I’m healthy?”

you   , that’s not what I meant.” Daehyun starts to say but I refused to believe every word he said. Instead, I just stare at him, lifeless in fact.  “What’s wrong with you? You’re not like this!” He grabs Daehyun and was about to walk away. It hurts me more but I want to clear everything now.

“Sunhwa or Me.” I muttered and he turned to me.

“Not now you   ,”

“Sunhwa or Me.” I said again but he wouldn’t budge to answer.

you   ¸let’s not talk about this right now.”

“Can’t you just pick one so that the other won’t get confused?”

His face became hardened as he grabs Sunhwa and walks out from the field.

I watched them go. I watched him leave. I can feel everyone gaze is on me as no one would dare to move. I bit my lips but I only feel numbness within my body.

“You chose Daehyun.” I whispered and went back on track.

I picked up the ball and went to the coach and borrowed the whistle. I made a sound and shout to start the tune up game.

 

______________________________

Updated!

 

 

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote!

 

<3 missdauxian