End up here

Enemies in Love

 

“Hey, prom is almost coming.” Hoya mentioned as we’re having our lunch in the cafeteria. “All of you coming?”

“Of course, who wouldn’t?” Myungsoo oppa said and then look at Jiyeon unnie, “I just asked Jiyeon earlier and she said yes.”

“That’s sweet of you.” I commented and then look at Woohyun oppa, “hey, oppa..”

“Yes?” Woohyun looked at me while eating his burrito.

“Can you go to the prom with me?” I asked and then all eyes were on me.

“Uhmmm…” Woohyun look at me and then the rest, “Are you sure you’re asking me?”

“Can’t I?” I muttered then look at the rest of the dudes in the table, “I asked Sungjong earlier but he told he’s going with Chaerin. Then Hoya just got a yes with Eunji.”

“What about..”

“If you don’t want to go with me to prom, then just tell me.” I said straight forward then look at him and the rest, “it’s fine, really.”

“Yes.” Woohyun said and then look at me, “I’ll love to go to the prom with you.”

“YAY! Thank you!” I squeal and hug him tight.

 

*No one’s POV*

Upon hearing you    squeal, BAP look at the table where you were sitting and saw you hugging Woohyun happily.

“What really happened to the two of you?” Youngjae asked then look at Daehyun.

“I don’t really know, all of the sudden she addressed me as someone else’s boyfriend.” Daehyun was sulking and was not in the mood to eat.

“Junhong and I asked her to hang out with us later but she told us she’s busy.” Jongup said and then look at Daehyun, “Is there something going on that we should know about, hyung?”

“If I know, you would know it by now,” Daehyun said and then remembered Sunhwa, “Why does she hate Sunhwa so much?” The rest just shrugged.

“Hey, rather than sulking, your prom is coming up. Did you ask noona already?” Junhong asked to lighten the atmosphere.

“I don’t think Daehyun can ask her now.” Youngjae answered then look at Daehyun and the maknae, “she won’t talk to us, and how can he ask her?”

     

After lunch was science, of course you and Daehyun will be seeing each other since your classmate, much more, lab partners. You settle on your seat and just read the “Art of War” book that was given by Sungjong.

“Hey,” Daehyun greeted you and tried to kiss you but you change position to block the kiss. You did not even bother looking at him, “the art of war, that’s a nice book.”

You did not bother answering as you were just reading. Your professor came and gave you an activity for pairs. Daehyun was happy because that was a good reason for you to talk. You mentally face palmed but then just continue working for the activity.

“Hey you    ,” Daehyun started that made you look up, “Prom is next week.”

“I know.” You just answered and start dissecting the frog in front of you.

“What do you think is the romantic way of asking someone for prom?” Daehyun asked and you just shrugged.

“I don’t know, you can do the mainstream.” You just nonchalantly answered as you continue to peel off the skin of the frog.  “I think your girlfriend would like you to go to their school and then give her a big bouquet of flowers that she likes and then a box of chocolates.” 

“How about you?” Daehyun turned sour upon mentioning of the words “girlfriend” and “school”. He was planning to ask you but it was like the other way around, yet he still try to show you that you were the one he’s asking. “How would you like someone asked you for prom?”

“I don’t need to do that.” You answered while you’re still focused with the frog and note taking.

“Aren’t you going?”

“I am going to the prom.” You answered which Daehyun feel a little excited all of the sudden; he took up his courage again then asked you to look at him which you immediately cut.

“Will you go to the prom with me,” Daehyun asked with an eye smile. You would melt every time you see that eye smile but the latter see coldness in your eyes.

“I’m sorry but I think you misunderstand it.” You answered then look at everyone, “I have a date already Mr. Jung.”

“What?” he was then silent again then look at you, “you’re joking.”

“I’m not.” Your teacher told you to label the specimen that you have as you will continue it by next meeting. The class was almost over and you immediately tidy up to get ready for the next class.

“Who asked you?” Daehyun asked and then just shrugged,

“Why is it important to you anyway?” You asked him, pissed and annoyed from how he is acting, “I’m not your girlfriend.”

“YES, YOU ARE!” Daehyun was caught off guard that he was already shouting in class.

Everyone stop moving and all eyes were on you and the professor, “Mr. Jung and Ms. Bang, detention after class.”

 

“What’s up, what’s up!” Dongwoo yelled as he open the detention room and saw you and Daehyun sitting on both ends.

“This look so interesting.” Sunggyu commented and greeted Daehyun who was beside the door. “Hey Daehyun, how is it doing?”

“Hey hyung. How’s..”

“Finally!” You sigh in relief as you get your bag and stormed out from the room. The rest of BAP were just outside and were smiling at you but you just rolled your eyes and passed them.

“What happened?” Youngjae asked as Daehyun, Sunggyu and Dongwoo walked out from the room, “Did something happen that we don’t know?”

“I guess the little monster is just pissed because she gets to detention.” Sunggyu replied as he carries the books that you left behind. “She’s a straight A in disciplinary actions, it’s her first.”

“Unless,” Dongwoo cut in and put his shoulder in Daehyun, “you did something that made her upset earlier that made her end up detention?”

“I just asked her to prom.” Daehyun muttered silently but the rest of the guys hear it, “then she snaps.”

“Don’t worry, things will be back to the usual.” Sunggyu smiled Daehyun and thinks that it was just a small misunderstanding.

“But what if things won’t get back to the way things are?” Daehyun asked him,

 “Well, you can figure that out yourself.” Sunggyu taps his shoulder and walks ahead with Dongwoo, leaving BAP behind.

 

 

“So tell me young lady, what happened earlier?” Dongwoo asked you with authority. The happy dinosaur is usually happy and cheerful but right now he was bothered on the way your acting. Going back to the incident earlier, he’s starting to have a theory.

You were in Woohyun’s place, specifically in his room with Infinite, Jiyeon and Sulli. Sunggyu told everyone what happened earlier as they were worried about you. Come to think of it, aside from Woohyun, Hoya, Myungsoo and Jiyeon, the rest of the gang doesn’t have any idea about the soccer field and phone record incident.

“Would you like to explain yourself?” Sunggyu asked you in a calm tone as he was the appa of the group. You just look at them with no sparks or whatever in the eyes before going back to your frappe and cheesecake.

“Crap, who brought this thing?” You snickered and push away the cheesecake that you used to love. Thinking about the cheesecake, it was the root of all evil. Woohyun switched pastry with you and gave you his moist chocolate cake slice instead. You dig on the cake, not giving any damn on the other people in the table.

“Can someone explain?” Dongwoo asked as he pointed at the cheesecake. “It’s her favorite Chicago cheesecake, why won’t she eat that?”

Myungsoo, Hoya, Jiyeon and Woohyun look at you for a second before facing each other. Thinking it would be best coming from the a girl’s perspective, Jiyeon explained what happened in the field and the recording that was heard that day. She also explains how the cheesecake got involved.

“Are you sure on this?” Sunggyu asked that makes Woohyun look at him.

“Hyung, we were there. We heard the recording and all those craps that Sunhwa girl talks about! What’s worse, we even saw in our very own eyes how Daehyun chose Sunhwa than this monster!” Woohyun was about to explode but decided not to. It wasn’t because he still has feeling for you, he gave up on it a long time ago. You were his best friend, he doesn’t want you to get hurt.

“And the prom thing?” Sulli asked, “Can that be the reason why you ended up detention?” She was asking you but you did not bother to answer. Instead, you just nod and continue eating.

“He was mad because you picked Woohyun over him?” Dongwoo asked and you nod again.

“He was a douchebag.” You just answered, “I don’t like talking about that jerk and his minions.”

“Your brothers are his minions too, you know,” Dongwoo pointed out and you just roll your eyes.

“She’s giving her brothers a silent treatment since that day.” Hoya answered for you, “I did not know how she can even escape it given that she’s close to them.”

All of them were looking at you staring at the window pane as the rain began to fall. You were too busy on your own thoughts that you did not notice that you were already crying. Woohyun, who was beside you, put his hand on your shoulder and lightly tap it. You look at him and the rest and they can’t help but tear up on your state. Even Myungsoo and Hoya who are known to be cold in the community can’t help but to feel broken. You claim yourself as a strong and free-willed individual, but these guys sees an innocent and fragile girl who just love to explore that needed protection. You were their donsaeng, and as oppas and unnies, they see themselves as a failure after seeing yourself getting yourself your first heartbreak.

You smiled at them as you wiped your tears, “I thought I’m strong but I can’t stop myself from crying. I’m sorry.” You grab that was in your reach which happens to be Woohyun’s shirt and sneeze from it. Everyone’s expression then changed into owl eyes as they look at you sneezing on Woohyun’s favorite shirt. You stop what you’re doing and double-take what you did and where you did it. You look at Woohyun and bit your lips, “it’s your favorite shirt.”

“Thank you very much then.” Woohyun grins at you. If you were not in this situation, you might be running for your life right now for messing with his favorite shirt. Today you were safe. He immediately stands up and takes off his shirt as he made his way to his walk-in closet.

“That was an interesting intermission,” Sungyeol commented as he drinks his cappuccino.

“How are you feel---,” Dongwoo was about to ask but Sungjong snugged his shoulder to stop it.

“Can’t you see she’s in wreck, hyung?” The maknae pointed out, “I don’t think your question is appropriate right now.”

“Can’t you guys quit it?” Sulli said and handed you a tissue. You thank her as you continue to sneeze and wipe the tears in your eyes, she looks at you and rub your shoulders. “I know I’ve been MIA for the pass weeks because of the whole student council thing and senior pressure but I try my best to keep posted on our donsaeng. Jiyeon told me not just that but also the one before that.”

“You mean---,” you trailed off and look at Jiyeon.

“The late night chats we had, yeah I told her.” Jiyeon confirmed and was about to let Sulli continue when the boys immediately cut them.

“WHAT LATE NIGHT CHAT?”

You three girls look at each other as if understanding what to do and decided not to talk about it. If these guys find out about Sunhwa threatening you about Daehyun, who knows what would this guys do. Your group is the “all for one, one for all” type, when someone is hurt, the other nine people would be there on guard and hunt that person down. You don’t want to go in that deep hole.

“So? What was the late night chat?” Woohyun asked as he came back with a new shirt that says Geek and his reading glasses.

“Nothing in particular, just girl talk.” You told them and try to shift the situation, “Hey, are those new glasses?”

“I have a question.” Sungjong raises his hand like in a class. Everyone immediately look at him, “Does he knows that you two broke up already?”

“Well, technically no. But when Sunhwa came, I refer her as his girlfriend.” You answered and stand up. “I’m getting stuffy here, can we go somewhere or walk somewhere? It’s so hoooot!”

“Playground is just around the corner and no one plays there for sure, what do you say?” Myungsoo beamed, not to spoil the atmosphere.

All of you immediately went out of the house and start walking to the park. It’s just a fifteen-minute walk and it is ‘good for exercise’ according to Dongwoo. You were in the end with Hoya and Woohyun. There were no loud conversation with the two of them unlike the ones in front and you were just grateful for the ambiance. Suddenly, both of your hands were locked with different hands. On the right was Woohyun’s and Hoya on the left. It’s like the good old days, when you feel sad and crying, you would hold their hands and you feel security and comfort. You smile at them and interlaced your hands with theirs.

“I’m glad you are my best friends.” You muttered under your breath. “I feel love.”

“That’s because you are our best friend.” Woohyun said and sway your clasps hands.

“I may not wild like Dongwoo or loud like Sungyeol, but I’m still your best friend, monster.” Hoya smiled at you and mess with your hair. “Just for the record, it is unfair that your break things up with Daehyun without him knowing it properly. You must have a closure though. A proper one, at least.”     

I look at him and smile. For some reason, I really like Hoya, he’s quiet and just there when everyone goes chaotic but he’s not numb and dumb enough not knowing what is happening around.”

“Thanks Hoya, I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

*********************************************************************************         

*YOUR POV*

 

After a week, I decided to talk to Daehyun and the rest of BAP. Including my brothers. I texted them to meet me in the playground near our house. As I arrived there earlier than the time, I sit on the swing near the play house where I cried in the middle of the raining night because I thought he did not like me. That was the day when we officially became together. I smile a bit remembering that night and found it funny.

“I never thought that things would end up like this.” I muttered as I play with the swing. I called Woohyun and Hoya where I was and told them to wait for me at the edge of the park.

After ten minutes, Daehyun came with Sunhwa beside him, then I could see my brothers and BAP behind them. I wasn’t smiling nor showing appreciation seeing the two together. I stand up when they were feet close to me.

The two catch their breath and Daehyun was smiling from ear to ear.

“Hey! I was eager to see you!” Daehyun happily said to me and hug me, “I know that it was wrong for me to shout at you in class. I was just upset.”

I did not respond to the hug and just stand where I’m standing a while ago.

“We were looking for you yesterday, we had a small party but you weren’t around.  Daehyun tried to call-,” Sunhwa starts to say but it died down when I look at her with a poker expression.

“So, what’s up? Why do you want to meet me here?”

I smiled to him and face Sunhwa, their expression then starts to change as I walk closer and get their hands and intertwined it together. I return back to my place and take a deep breath.

“What the hell is this?” Daehyun asked and immediately broke their hold. “you    ?”

“I think it’s obvious.” I started to say and smile at them, “I don’t want to be a hindrance.”

“What’s going on?” Yongguk-oppa was first to speak up when they catch up on us, “What is this thing?”

“I want you to be here to witness everything and also, I need to talk to all of you.” I was still smiling and my voice was cheery as I look at all of them and ended up looking at Sunhwa, “you see, it was a very great plan to mess up with me especially given the fact that my brothers are included.” I start to say and their expression were clearly clueless. “Thank you for the good a year and a half Daehyun, you really make a fool out of me. I never thought that you were fooling around with my brothers and the rest of your friends, betting me over a cheesecake. I’m glad all of you are entertained by it.”

“Cheesecake?” Yongnam-oppa, Junhong and Jongup asked in unison, clueless on the thing. I raised a brow as I look at my brothers, Daehyun, Youngjae and Sunhwa’s expression. The boys were trying to think about it and started to fuzz while Sunhwa was obviously in rage. I smiled at them.

 “So now, to make it official I decided to end everything here.” I beamed and look at Daehyun, “I’m breaking up with you.” I said finally and as if everything stop, they all freeze to on the spot. Daehyun, my Daehyun was stunned from what I’ve said. I move closer to them and take out the same mobile phone that Sunhwa brought in the field. Myungsoo managed to take it back in the soccer field during the tune-up game. “Thanks for the opportunity to be with you, for the love and care, the security that you gave me. I really thought and felt all those were real, but I guess not for you.”

I look at him in the eye and I could see tears starting to drop from his eye. I can feel myself crying but I don’t and I won’t cry here.  I take his hand and Sunhwa’s hands again and lock it, “If you want to be together, be together. Don’t make me a band-aid from it.”

I move back but wasn’t smiling anymore, “Thank you for the head start. I realize that I don’t want to be associated with any of you ever again. I had enough.” I said and turn my back as I walk away. I wanted to run but I stop myself from doing that, I immediately spotted Hoya’s car at the edge of the park and went inside. Once I was at the back of the car, I take a deep breath and look at them.

“I did it.” I said as flatly, “I broke up with him and…”

“And what…?”

“Broke my ties to all of them.” I continue and look at the BAP from the window. They were still standing there as the car starts to move.

you    ,” Woohyun called me as I look at him, “You can cry now,”

I smiled at him and started to cry silently as I remember their Daehyun’s face above all of them.

 

_____________________________________

And there’s no more you and Daehyun.

 

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote!

 

<3missdauxian