Close Talk

We were meant for each other.

Jonghyun's POV:

The strange doctor had treated my injuries really well and had left the room after a sly wink to Key. Key still wasn't moving from his spot when the doctor had left and I began to worry. 

I had to stay in the hospital for a few days, but I didn't really care at the moment. All I cared about was the relation between Key and the doctor.

"Key? Who was that? Where do you know him from?" I asked carefully and Key looked at me. I saw the tears form in the corner of his eyes and I held my breath.

He was silent for a few seconds, but then the boy sighed loudly. He slowly walked to me and I saw his hands trembling. Something was terrible wrong with him.

He sat down on the bed and looked down at his hands who were lying in his lap. Softly he began to speak.

"I-I know him... I wish I didn't, but unfortunately I do." He looked up and I felt my heart sinking in my chest. Tears streamed down the face of the angelic boy.

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. "You wanna talk about it?" I asked softly and he hesitated for a few seconds. Then he nodded and I smiled slightly.

"When I was little, my parents were really poor. They were both working for a man. That's also how they met, but that's an other story. That man was really mean and cruel. He let my parents work really hard and ually abused my mother. When my mother was pregnant, my father didn't know for sure if it was his. He never found out, 'cause when that man found out that my mother was pregnant he threw my parents out. When I was born he came by and wanted to take me. He said I was his son, so I was his to own. My father wanted to protect me and my mother, but that man just k-killed him."

Key was now crying so hard he couldn't talk anymore. I couldn't believe my ears. Such a confident boy with such a terrible story.... I looked at his teary face and ignored the pain from my broken ribs while I pulled him in a big hug. He looked surprised for a few seconds, but then I felt him relax and he cried in my chest.

"I'm so sorry, Key. I didn't know..." I whispered in his ear while I softly his hair. His blond hair tickled my nose, but I didn't care. I just wanted to be there for him and take all his sadness away. Who could ever be so cruel to do something like that to such a sweet boy? 

When he had calmed down a bit, he began talking again. "When he had killed my father, he took my mother and me with him. He kept us prisoner in his house. He tortured my mother and often hit me too. When my mother was pregnant again, the man was furious. Nobody in the neighborhood knew that we excised and he wanted to keep it that way. With a baby that wouldn't happen, s-so he didn't want i-it."

Again Key's voice wavered. A few more tears rolled down his cheek and I carefully removed them with my thumb. He looked up to me and I smiled. I nodded understandingly and gestured him to go on.

"One day, when I was about six years old, he came to us and I immediately saw he was really drunk. He began yelling to my mother and hitting her. He also wanted to him me, but my mother prevented that. By that time she was already almost eight months pregnant. The man hit her again really hard and I remember feeling so scared when I saw her falling down on her stomach. She screamed and started bleeding a lot. The man just laughed and walked off. I ran after him and begged him to call a doctor for my mother. He just hit me in the face and said I was a worthless piece of . 
When I got back to my mother, she had already lost a lot of blood. She was having a miscarriage and I couldn't do a thing about it. I-I felt so hopeless, watching her bleeding to death. I cried a lot, but my mother told me not to worry. I can still see her smile while she told me she loved me and I was the most beautiful boy in the world. After that s-she... she died..." 

Shocked I tried to progress what Key had just told me. I could have never imagined that someone's life could be so cruel. I felt his hot tears wetting my shirt, but I didn't care. I took a deep breath and lifted his chin with my index finger.

I looked into his big brown watery eyes and felt my heart slip a beat. Despite of the serious situation I was still really aware of our closeness as I felt his chest pressing onto mine. 

I softly wiped away his tears. "I-I don't know what to say, Key. That man from just now... Was that the man of your story?" I asked carefully and Key nodded. 

"After my mother died, he put me in an orphanage. I sat there for five years. When I was eleven, I was adopted and now I have very nice parents, but I still remember my real mother. Her smile, her beautiful brown eyes... I can't believe I'm seeing that man again here. It's like past is reliving itself." He said softly.

"Don't worry, Bummie. I will never let anyone hurt you." I whispered and I stared into his eyes to make my point even more clear.

Key smiled slightly when he heard his nickname and nodded.

 

Key's POV:

I couldn't believe I had told Jonghyun my whole story. The moment I had seen that man all the images had come back like a tsunami. My mother bleeding on the floor, my mother being abused by him and how he had looked when I had begged him to get a doctor.

I felt chill go down my spine. How I hated that man....

Still I felt relieved that I had told someone the story. Nobody knew about this. Not even the orphanage or my foster parents. It felt good to finally talk about it, although it still hurt like hell. 

I looked up into Jonghyun's eyes and blushed. I hugged him a little tighter. I felt so comfortable and safe in his arms. His bruised face looked down on me, smiling slightly while he talked to me. 

"Don't worry, Bummie. I will never let anyone hurt you." 

I shuddered under his intense stare, but didn't look away. We were only a few inches apart and I felt my heart speeding up. His sweet fragrance tickled my nose and I took a deep breath.

Jonghyun slowly leaned forwards and closed the gap between our faces. With my eyes wide of shock I felt his lips softly touching mine. 

It only took a second, but for me it felt like eternity. The taste of his warm lips made my head spin and I closed my eyes.

He quickly jerked his head back and I opened my eyes, feeling disappointed. I already missed his lips against mine.

He looked really flustered and stared at my hands on his chest. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I didn't know what came over me." He said softly and he carefully shifted his gaze to my face.

I smiled slightly and shook my head. "Ani. I-I didn't mind. I-it's okay." I stammered and Jonghyun smiled relieved. Then he grimaced and I realized I was hurting his broken ribs by hugging him so tightly. He must have held it in during my long story and I felt very sorry.

Quickly I realized him and sat back. "I-I'm so sorry. You're in pain and all I do is cry over my own past. I-I'll stop now." I said and I felt my cheeks go bright red. 

Jonghyun chuckled and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry, Bummie. I'm not really hurt. As long as you're with me, I will never be really hurt." He said softly and surprised I looked up.

His big eyes sparkled while he looked into mine and from that moment on I knew one thing for sure.

Kim Jonghyun was a very special person.