By your side

We were meant for each other.

Jonghyun's POV:

What the heck had happened? I felt like I was in a cage. I remembered falling asleep on the couch while listening to Key humming in the kitchen. Then there was Eric, struggle and... KangDae? Oh my god... What had happened?

 

"Jonghyun? Are you there?" I heard the soft voice of Eric saying. "Jonghyun, please don't panic. Although the situation is severe, I'm sure we can solve this. You just have to stay strong and don't give up. I'm sure Key will find a way to help you. He loves you." His soothing voice sounded and slowly I calmed down a little. 

 

"Thanks, Eric. I just hope you're right." I said with a soft voice. Meanwhile I was able to look out of my own eyes. I just didn't have any control over my body. I saw KangDae walking to the door and opening it. What was he planning? It was already dark outside. He walked down the street and I felt he was looking for something or... someone? Was he looking for Key? Oh no... I had to stop him. I couldn't let him hurt Key any more than he already had. I just didn't have any power. I was locked away in my own body. It was terrifying. I could feel his bad intentions. 

 

He walked closer and now I could see Key sitting on a bench and talking to two young men. I felt a pang of jealousy going through me when I saw the two handsome men standing so close to my Key. The next second I realized I wasn't really in the position to be jealous. I had more important things to worry about. Still... When I saw one of the men grab the hand of Key and dragging him out of the park we were in, I gasped. Where was he going? What was happening? Who were those guys? But then I felt KangDae's disdain towards those two men and I immediately liked them. They were helping my Key even thou they didn't know it. I smiled inside and watched KangDae following the three men. I watched them entering a house and then it became silent on the street. What was KangDae planning? I tried to concentrate and find out, but I just couldn't. 

 

Suddenly he started walking towards the door and I panicked. He wasn't really going to break in, right? I mean... That were just innocent people living there. The moment that KangDae grabbed the doorknob with my hands I realized there were no innocent people when they revolved around Key. I tried to stop him, but I failed. Somehow KangDae got the door open without much sound and he tiptoed inside. He walked through a dark hallway. It was clear everyone was already sleeping. Then he entered the living room and looked around. My heart stopped... There, on the couch, lay the most beautiful creature in the whole wide world: Key, my Key. 

 

KangDae walked towards him and crouched beside him. I wanted to scream, warn him and at the same time just watch him sleep. His beautiful blond hair lay on his forehead like he was in a photo shoot in stead of sleeping. Everything was perfect. I felt my love growing with the second and my spirit growing with it. Soon my cage was too small for me. I screamed and felt KangDae protesting. I also felt his disbelief of my huge love for the boy he hated so much. Slowly I felt my cage breaking and I growled. This was my moment.... This was my time...

 

Key's POV:

I don't know why, but something woke me up. The moment I opened my eyes I looked right into Jonghyun's eyes. I had to keep myself from screaming, so shocked was I. I shot up and backed up. I almost fell over the back of the couch. Although it was Jonghyun, I hadn't forget the image of KangDae in his eyes just an hour ago. I knew I had to be silent or else I would wake up Taemin, Minho and Onew and I didn't want them to get involved anymore than they already were. 

 

"Key...? Key.... Please don't be scared. It's me: Jonghyun. Please, believe me..." KangDae then said and I frowned. What? This was really confusing. Was KangDae trying to torture me with this? If so, he was doing a hell of a job. I felt my heart pump in my chest and I wanted to hug my Jonghyun so much it almost killed me. 

 

"G...Get away from me, you creature." I said with a thick voice of emotions. I felt the tears in the corner of my eyes. I wouldn't cry in front of HIM. I just wouldn't! But is was difficult... So difficult... 

 

"Please, Key, believe me. Look in my eyes and see that I'm telling the truth. Please..." He then answered and I hesitated. What if Jonghyun did speak right now and it wasn't KangDae? My god... That man was messing with my head, but I did what was asked. I looked deep into his eyes and was waiting for the hate that had been in there the moment he had opened his eyes an hour ago. Instead I saw... Love, friendship and admiration. 

 

"Jonghyun...? Is that really you?" I then asked carefully. 

 

"Yes, Key. Oh god, I thought you would never believe me. I don't know how, but I was able to break free from my cage. I feel it's just for a little while, but please believe me that it's really me right now. We don't have much time." Jonghyun said and I felt tears of happiness stream down my face. Just before he was down talking I flew around his neck and together we fell on the ground. I heard his laughed in my ears and it felt like angels were singing. 

"Easy, Key. You don't want to wake up the rest of the house, now do you?" He said when he was able to talk again. "Who are these people?" He then asked and I saw him frowning. He was jealous...

 

"You're jealous! That's so cute!" I cooed softly and I saw him blushing. I grinned and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "You know I only love you, don't you? Don't worry. Those men are just here to help me. I didn't want to go back to our place fearing KangDae would still be there. Well, now I know he isn't, but... Oh god, this is so confusing." I said and I lay my head in my hands. 

 

"Baby... Look at me." I heard Jonghyun saying and I slowly looked up. The next moment I felt his lips on mine and he pushed me on the floor. He lay right on top of me and I felt my breath speeding up. When he broke up the kiss I panted. 

 

"What was that for?" I asked a little surprised and he smiled.

 

"I know the way to get KangDae out of me." He said and he smiled again. "Just listen to me. I feel KangDae fighting me all the time right now and I can't hold it very much longer. The reason why I was able to reach you now, is because my love for you was so big the moment I saw you sleeping on that couch, the cage wasn't strong enough to hold me back. I don't know exactly how we can use this, but I know that my love for you and your love for me are the only two things that can save us both. I... , Key, he's winning from me. Please, say you understand me." He ended his speech and I saw him frowning. Just at that time I noticed the beads of sweat on his forehead and I gasped.

 

"I... Of course I understand you and I believe in you, Jonghyun. If you say it's possible, it is. Just tell me how. I want you back for good, Jonggie~." I said and I sniffed.

 

"Eric mentioned something about it. I... Oh, jeesh... Key, I can't hold him back any longer! Just... Just one more second..." Jonghyun was now clenching his fists and I saw he was doing his best not to give in. I felt so sorry and I wanted to touch him and kiss him, but he let out a little growl and rolled away from me.

 

"Please, Jonghyun! Tell me what Eric said to you. Don't give in. I know you're strong enough, please!" I sobbed while I saw my love fighting for his life.

Suddenly he lay still. He didn't move a thing and slowly I got closer. I held my breath when I stuck out my finger to touch him.

 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, piece of ." I heard a voice coming from Jonghyun and I immediately realized it was KangDae. I quickly backed up and tried to hide my tears.

 

Slowly KangDae stood up and turned around. I immediately saw the hate in Jonghyun's eyes and knew Jonghyun was back in his cage again. Tears kept streaming down my face, although I didn't want to seem weak in front of KangDae.

 

"Aaah, you're crying because of your boyfriend? Don't, he's dead now. I won't ever let that happen again. I need to go right now. I won't kill you right now. I want to see you in pain for just a little longer. Don't worry you're turn will come." He whispered and then he disappeared in the doorway.

 

I sank down on the couch and cried my eyes out. Why was my life so complicated? Why wasn't my life as fluffy and happy as that from Taemin? He seemed to have the perfect life with the perfect boyfriend and good friends. I, on the other hand, had a boyfriend possessed by an evil ghost and had no friends at all. I felt myself drowning in self-pity. Slowly I cried myself to sleep and the last thing I remembered before drifting off to dreamland, was a thing Jonghyun had said to me just before KangDae had taken him over:

 

"I'll always be by your side. Don't ever forget that."

 


 

A/N: Hi guys... 

So... I just didn't have time to write for what... like two months? Gosh... I really mistreated you guys. I'm so sorry. I hope this chapter made up for it (even if it is for a little bit). 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you soon (I hope).

If you're still reading this, you are the greatest readers in the world. Love you!