A new city, a new life

We were meant for each other.

Key's POV:

I couldn't believe it. How could KangDae be so rude? Actually... It didn't surprise me it was him.

 

While I felt the warmth of Jonghyun's arms around my waist, I finally calmed down a bit. I dried my tears and stepped back to look at him.

"Thank you, Jjong. I'm sure you'll eventually will remember and I'll help you in the best way I can." I said and I looked deeply in his eyes. Suddenly I saw an image of KangDae appearing before me while I looked into his eyes and I flinched. I looked away and took a deep breath to calm my fast-beating heart down.

 

"What's the matter?" The boy before me asked worried and he tried to look in my eyes again. I, on the other hand, tried to avoid his eyes in fear of seeing KangDar again. Something had changed in Jonghyun and I was afraid for it.

 

"Let's just clean this up." I said, avoiding his question. For a second it seemed like Jonghyun wanted to say something, but then he just nodded and he let me go.

 

"Okay, I'll start with cleaning up this mess." He said and he pointed to the writing on the wall. I just nodded and turned away from the wall. I didn´t want to see it anymore. 

 

"First we need light." I eventually said and after some searching I found a flashlight. I pushed the button and a bright light shone in the room.

 

"AAAH, turn it off! You're blinding me!" Jonghyun yelled and shocked I realized I was shining right into his eyes. I quickly turned the lightbeam away from his face.

 

"I-I'm so sorry, Jjong! Are you okay?" I asked worried and I came closer.

 

"Am I okay? You nearly burned my eyes out! It will be a miracle if I will ever be able to see again." He said with a dramatic tone in his voice. 

 

I looked at his face and a little smile appeared on mine. Jonghyun had his eyes firmly shut and his nose was wrinkled. The corners of his mouth were hanging down in such a way it looked like some kind of fish. My smile grew bigger when I heard him and sighing. I begin to giggle and soon the giggle turned into a full clear laughter. 

 

"Hahaha, you should see your face! Hahaha." I laughed and I was laughing so hard I had to hold my stomach.

 

Slowly I saw a smile appearing on Jonghyun's face and not much later he was also laughing like a maniac.

After what seemed an eternity we finally calmed down and Jonghyun looked at me. His eyes were wide open and his deep brown eyes looked into mine. His smile didn't leave his face while I moved closer. Sometimes it was so hard to believe he couldn't remember the times we had spent together or the love we felt for each other.

 

"Thank you, Jjong. I haven't laughed like that in years." I said and I moved even closer. The flashlight was lying in the corner of the room and was lighting us in a way it was almost spooky. "I really love being with you. You always seem to make me smile and forget all the misery in the world." I went on. Somewhere, way back in my head, I was surprised by the things I was saying. Why on earth was I saying it to someone who couldn't even remember me? But still... It felt right in a weird way and when I saw the sparkle in his eyes I knew he felt the same.

 

"I really enjoy spending time with you too, Key. I... Oh god, I feel so frustrated I can't remember anything about you anymore. I have the feeling you're really important to me. You already told me you were my boyfriend, but I have the feeling it's more than that. I... I don't know how to explain it." He said and he frowned. 

 

"Sssh, don't say anything." I said and I put my index finger on his lips. I saw the surprise in his eyes and even a little bit of... anger? Was it anger? I couldn't really explain it. "I will make you remember everything. And if it won't work, I'll make you fall in love with me again." I said and suddenly I realized our noses were only a few inches apart. Then I decided to take the biggest risk I had ever taken and I closed the gap between our faces. I felt the warmth of his lips on mine and I sighed. I had longed for this for so long.

 

It only lasted a second 'cause Jonghyun immediately pulled back. "W-What are you doing?" He asked shocked and when I looked into his eyes I saw that the sparkle had disappeared and instead of that I saw confusion and surprise. I immediately realized I had been wrong to take the risk and I looked down.

 

"I-I'm sorry, Jjong. I couldn't take it anymore. I just had to kiss you. I'm sorry." I whispered and I heard Jonghyun stepping back.

 

"O-Okay... Let's... Let's just clean up and forget about this, arrasso?" He then said and I looked up to see his face. He still looked confused, but this time he was also blushing furiously. I frowned surprised. I hadn't expected this. Then he turned around and started to walk to the kitchen to get the cleaning stuff.

I sighed and realized it was time to move on and forget about the moment we just had.

 


 

Jonghyun's POV:

I can't believe he kissed me! I... I... I didn't even know how to feel. While I walked to the kitchen I carefully touched my lips. I could still feel his warm lips on mine. I had actually liked it, but at the same moment it had freaked me out. I knew we used to be - or even were? This was so confusing! - a couple, but I still didn't feel comfortable with him kissing me. I guess I really had lost my memories. 

 

I sighted. I slowly got the cleaning stuff and walked back to the living room. I stood still just before entering and closed my eyes. I listened closely to the sounds coming from the living room. Key, who was softly cursing while trying to set all the furniture in place again. A smile slowly appeared on my face. I could practically see his face before me. His cute little frown and his lip biting. Then I frowned. How was it possible I saw that all before me? I had never seen him do that, right? Maybe I slowly started to remember things? 

 

I sighed again and walked into the room. While I was away Key had find a few extra flashlights and the room was lit up by several beams of light. It somehow gave off a creepy vibe and I got an idea.

I carefully tiptoed to Key, who was standing with his back to me. I took a deep breath and...

 

"BOOO!"

 

"WHAAAAAAAA!" Key turned around and his big brown eyes glittered in the dark. "What the hell, Jonghyun? What do you think you're doing? You scared me to death, you moron!" Key yelled and he slapped me. 

I was laughing my off until I saw little tears appearing in the corner of Key's eyes. I was shocked to see him crying. It was only a joke...

 

"Key? Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry. It was just a joke. Please don't cry." I said and I felt utterly hopeless. I didn't know what to do. I felt horrible for making him cry, but somewhere deep inside I also felt... satisfied? Or proud? It was really weird. I put those thoughts and took Key in my arms. 

 

"I-I'm so s-sorry. I d-don't even k-know w-why I'm c-crying." Key stuttered while he lay his head on my shoulder. I just his hair for a few minutes and then he lifted his head again. He took a deep breath and smiled.

 

"Let's get cleaning. In this rate the house won't be clean by Christmas." He said and I chuckled. 

 

"Aye aye, Captain!" I saluted him and I started to clean the writing on the wall.

 


 

After what seemed days - but was probably hours - the house was finally clean again. Exhausted we fell down on the couch and closed our eyes. It kept quiet for a while, but then Key turned to me.

 

"Jjong? We need to get out of here. This house creeps me out now and school will be a hell when we finally come back. We have nothing that can keep us here. Let's just go away and build a whole new life. What'd you think?" 

 

I looked at him and saw the lost look in his eyes. "You want me to come with you?" I asked carefully.

 

"Of course I want you to come with me! You would get lost here in no seconds. You don't even know where your own house is!" Key said and he threw his hands up in the air. 

 

"Okay, okay, I get the point." I laughed and then we calmed down again. "I think it's a good idea. Where shall we go?" I asked and we stared into space for a few minutes, thinking about our next destination.

 

"Let's go to Daegu. I always liked that city. It's nice and peaceful." Key eventually said and I smiled. I was also thinking about that place.

 

"Okay, Daegu it will be! Let's get all your stuff. You know where my house is, right? We can go to my house after packing your stuff and then we can get my stuff." I said enthusiastically.

 

"Arrasso, but let's get some sleep first. It's three in the morning, Jjong. I'm exhausted and I really need my beauty sleep." Key said and he yawned. 

 

I chuckled and lay on my back. I pattered on my chest. "Come lay with me. I'll keep you safe and warm." I whispered and Key looked at me surprised. Did I also see fear in his eyes? No, that must have been pretend, 'cause after a few seconds of staring he smiled and he lay down.

 

Not much later I heard a little snore coming from him and I smiled. While his hair I also felt my eyes grew heavier and eventually they closed. The warmth of Key's body quickly made me drift away to dreamland. 

 

Tomorrow is a new day, new city and a new life, I thought just before my thought drifted away to a beautiful blond boy with a gorgeous smile. 

 


 

A/N: Finally another update! I have a new laptop now. I'm sooo happy with it! :D You probably don't give a about it, but I just wanted you to know. ;) I almost have 5000 views... I had never thought this fanfic would do so well. Thank you, guys, for your support, comments, upvoting and subscribing. Please continue with that. ^.^

See you soon again!