At the heart of my heart

We were meant for each other.

A/N: OMG... I'm so loving the new album of SHINee! They're amazing! I can't wait till I have enough money to actually buy it. XD The songs are all so great and catchy. I'm just fangirling the whole day. My parents think I've gone mad. XD 

Well, I could go on about all the great songs and how I can't wait for Chapter 2 of the album, but I'll just start writing this chapter while listening to the whole album on Youtube. ;)

Enjoy! ^_^

P.S. Although the whole album is on Youtube, please buy the real album on iTunes or something. It would be a shame if SHINee would think we didn't love them anymore, because everyone is downloading their album illegal. Just saying... ^_^


Key/SungHae's POV: 

Silent tears streamed down my face. Why did he murder him? I loved... no, still love him so much. I couldn't believe it. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked right into his face.

 

"Eric... I thought you died." I stuttered and he just smiled. 

 

"No, baby. I said to you I would never leave you and I won't." His calm voice sounded in my ear. It was like some warm honey going down my throat and I felt all the pain in my heart smoothing. I smiled and sat up. I threw my arms around him and kissed him passionately.

 

"Baby, listen to me. It's very important you understand me now, arrasso?" He asked after I had pulled back. I looked a little surprised, but his smile reassured me and I nodded.

"Where do you think we are?" He asked and I looked around. I realized I didn't recognized the surroundings at all. In fact it didn't seem... earthy? I didn't really know how to describe the things I saw around me. We were laying on grass, but it was purple. There were trees around us, but they seemed to move. Ever time I looked at one tree, looked away and then looked back it was gone. It was really weird. The sky had the color of the sunrise and the clouds were pinkish. Although it was all really weird, I didn't feel scared or threatened. 

 

"I don't know. Where are we?" I asked and Eric laughed. 

 

"We're at the heart of your heart, sweetie." He said mysteriously. 

 

Okay, now I was officially confused. At the heart of my heart? What was that for rubbish? I just decided to nod and smile. If he said so, it should be true. Eric never lied to me.

 

"I want to show you something." He said and he stood up. He gestured me to follow me and I also stood up. I felt remarkably light and it felt like I could fly away any moment. It was just then that I noticed we were both . I tried to blush, but somehow I noticed I found it normal.

 

"Uhm... Eric? Why are we ?" I still asked and a serene smile appeared on his face.

 

"Like I told you. We're at the heart of your heart. There only the things you hold dearest exist en you love them in their purest form. Therefor we're . We're in our purest form."

 

I nodded and smiled. Of course... It was so logical...

"What did you want to show me?" I then asked.

 

"Look there." He said and he pointed at something in the distance.

I looked at where he was pointing at and gasped.

 

In the distance two young boys were walking towards us. They were holding hands and were also .

 

"Eric... Who are they? Why are they here while I don't even know them?" I asked Eric scared. Now I did feel a little scared.

 

"Don't worry, SungHae. You do know them, but... Well, it's complicated." The man said and he smirked.

 

In the meanwhile the two boys had reached us. That surprised me, because they were really far away when I had just looked at them a few seconds ago. Well, I was in a fantasy world, right? So why not?

 

"Hello, SungHae. Hello, Eric." The boy with brown hair said and he smiled at us.

 

  "Hello, Jonghyun." Eric answered. He then turned to the blond boy, who seemed extremely uncomfortable. "Hello, Kibum. Don't worry, you're save here. Meet SungHae, my girlfriend. Although I guess you already know each other, right? Oh man, this is complicated." He said and Jonghyun laughed. His laugh sounded just like Eric's and I closed my eyes just to enjoy it. When I opened them again, Kibum was standing before me. He looked in my eyes and my breath got stuck in my throat.

 

It felt like I was looking in a mirror. In his clear brown eyes I saw all the pain and hurt I felt too. It was unbelievable... Tears appeared in my eyes again and I spontaneously hugged him.  Although we were both we weren't bothered by it and he hugged me back. I felt his hot tears wetting my bare shoulder and I knew he had seen the same in my eyes. There was some kind of connection between us two that we both felt, but didn't really understood. 

 

When we finally released each other, he managed to smile a little. "Nice to meet you, SungHae." He said in a soft voice and I smiled too. 

 

"Nice to meet you too, Kibum." I said and I felt Eric grabbing my hand. I turned around to see Jonghyun and Eric looking at us. Kibum also grabbed my hand and I immediately felt he wasn't planning on letting go any time soon. I didn't bother 'cause I felt save feeling his warm hand in mine. It was like a little piece of me was whole again. 

 

"Jong, can you explain what's happening here?" The blond boy asked at Jonghyun standing beside Eric. The boy smiled and shrugged. 

 

"I don't think it will be necessary to do that, don't you think?'' He said and his eyes twinkled. 

 

"Aaah, don't be so stubborn! Tell me~!" Kibum whined and I smiled. That was excately how I always tried to make Eric do something. I looked at my lover and he winked. It seemed like he had noticed too.

 

"No, sweetie. You know I love you, but you'll have to find out yourself." The other boy said and Kibum beside me pouted. 

 

Then I felt something dripping on my shoulder. I turned my head to find out what it was. It was some kind of water, but then red and it was now running down my arm. I dipped my finger in it and tasted it.

 

"It's blood..." I whispered and my eyes grew big of shock. 

 

Then I felt another drip on my other shoulder and another one on my face. I looked around and saw that the men also noticed the drips. They all looked very surprised, so it was obviously this wasn't normal here. Then I realized what was happening.

 

It was raining blood...

 

At the same moment, Kibum whispered: "It's raining blood." 

 

In panic I looked at my boyfriend. "What's happening, Eric? Why is it raining blood?" 

 

"I-I don't know... This has never happened before, right?" He said and he turned to Jonghyun. The latter shook his head and seemed quiet scared. 

"This can only mean one thing, I'm afraid." Eric went on and he looked at me again. "Your heart is in danger, SungHae. Something hurt you physically or emotionally. It's literally tearing apart. That's why it raining blood right now. You have to leave right now. It's time for you to fix this, sweetie."

 

I was totally confused and didn't move even when Eric started pushing me. Then I realized what he had just said and I shook my head. 

"No... No, I'm not leaving you again. I'm NOT leaving you!" I yelled and I stood still. Kibum was still holding my hand and he had tears in his eyes. He was obviously in pain, but why I couldn't really figure out. 

 

"Don't worry. I'm not leaving you. I'm still in your heart, remember?" Eric's smooth voice sounded and I nodded numbly. "Now go! There is no time. Kibum is hurting." He went on.

 

I looked at the blond boy beside me and realized he was covered in blood. Even though it was raining blood it didn't cover me like it covered him. Just then I saw that most of the blood was his own. He was slowly drifting away with his own blood as some kind of river to transport him. I shivered. I looked around to find Jonghyun, but the boy was gone. 

 

"What do I have to do?" I asked in panic at Eric and he just shook his head.

 

"I don't know. Just go and save Kibum. He's your future you and he's hurting now. Save him!" He yelled and then he disappeared too.

 

My future me? What did that mean? And how was I going to get us out of here before Kibum had totally disappeared? In despair I looked around. All the trees were covered in blood and the grass had become slippery because of the blood.

 

"SungHae... Help me..." I heard a soft voice in my head and I looked at Kibum again. It was horrible to see him disappearing and in pain like that. I swallowed and took a decision. Although I was scared as hell I had to do this. For him, for Eric, for Jonghyun, but also for myself.

 

I embraced him and lay his bloody head on my shoulder. I found the place where his ear should be and pattered his head. "Don't worry, Kibum. I'll help you. Trust me. I'll save you and I'll be your guardian angel." Then my eyes closed and I drifted away with Kibum in my arms. 

 

 

Let's do this...