Home, sweet home...

We were meant for each other.

Key's POV:

"I love you, Key. I will never leave you and you're the one for me."

 

I smiled when I heard Jonghyun saying that to me and I hugged him even tighter. 

 

"I love you too, babe. I can't believe we're finally together. You don't know how long I've waited for this." I whispered in his ear and I felt his warm breath in my ear.

He lifted his head out of my neck and looked at me. I looked deep into his blue ey- Wait, blue eyes? Jonghyun didn't have blue eyes. He had deep brown eyes. Frowning I studied his face and gasped when I saw who I was hugging. KangDae was smiling at me and I could see the hate in his eyes. 

I screamed and tried to let go, but it was like I was stuck to him and I saw his smile growing wider. 

 

"You didn't really think I would leave you alone now I'm dead, did you? I'll always find a way to torture you, just like you did with me. Little piece of ! You're not worth living!" He yelled in my face and I felt the tears slowly beginning to fall.

 

"Key! Key, wake up!" Another voice sounded in my head and after a while I recognized Jonghyun's voice. I looked around but didn't see him. Then I heard him again. "Open your eyes, Key. Come on, wake up!"

 

Slowly I opened my eyes and looked up in the worried face of Jonghyun. "Are you alright? You were screaming and you clearly had a nightmare." He said and he softly touched my cheek. 

 

I smiled shakily. "I-I'm okay. Just a nightmare, like you said." I said and Jonghyun nodded slowly. 

 

"We're here by the way. Apparently this is your house." He then said and he looked through the window of the cab. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked outside. I felt my heart skip a beat when I saw the familiar building we were standing for. This was indeed my precious home. How I missed it... I smiled and quickly got out. 

 

"Thank you so much, sir." I thanked our driver after I had paid him. He smiled at me and bowed his head lightly.

 

"It was a pleasure traveling with you, sirs. I hope evertyhing will work out for you." He said and he got in the car again and drove away.

 

"I hope everything will work out for you? What does that suppose to mean?" I asked out loud and Jonghyun shrugged. 

 

"Don't know, don't care." He said and he turned to the house. 

 

I smiled when I realized how much he sounded like the old Jonghyun already. I came standing beside him and looked at the house. First I searched for my bedroom window, but then the door caught my eye. Or actually... The black hole where the door used to be. I gasped and clasped my hands before my mouth. What had happened here?

 

"Key... What happened to your house?" Jonghyun whispered and he placed his hand on my shoulder. 

 

My mouth opened and closed again while I looked at the disaster before me.

 


 

Jonghyun's POV:

The moment we stood before the house I noticed something was wrong. A few seconds later Key also noticed it and we both saw the big hole where the door used to be. Key was obviously shocked and of course I was too, but somehow I had the feeling this wasn't the first time I saw this mess. It was bothering me. I had the feeling I already knew this for a long time, but could only recognize it now. 

 

"Key.... What happened to your house?" I whispered and I softly placed a hand on his shoulder. I felt him shivering beneath it and my heart went out to him. I couldn't imagine my house being invaded and destroyed, but on the other side I didn't even know where my house was. 

 

"Let's go in." I eventually said. I was tired, hungry and I could feel Key not only shivering form shock but also from the cold. 

 

He nodded timid and I let him go. I walked through the hole first. It was really dark and when I pushed the light button it didn't work. I sighted and got my phone out my pocket to enlighten our way. I felt myself stepping on the pieces of the broken door and I couched when a lot of dust reached my throat. 

"Be careful here." I said over my shoulder to Key when I heard him stumbling. I felt his hand grabbing my shoulders to prevent him form falling and a shiver shoot down my spine, feeling the warmth of his hand through my shirt. I blushed and decided this was not the time to think about that right now. 

 

We entered the living room and I let the light of my phone shine through the room. Somehow I got the terrible feeling the moment we had walked into this room. Something bad had happened here, but I didn't know what till I saw the writing on the wall. My breath got stuck in my throat and I grabbed Key's hand who was coming to stand beside me. I heard him gasping next to me and a little sob escaped him. My heart hurt hearing him in so much pain. 

 

"W-What's the meaning of this?" He asked bewildered and walked closer to the wall. I followed him and enlightened his way the best I could. This way I also saw all the furniture being thrown through the whole room and mostly ripped apart. 

 

When we came closer, we studied the writing on the wall and Key softly read the words: "I'll find you, little . You won't escape me again! I've killed your father and mother and you'll be next~." 

I could almost not hear the last words and I realized Key was crying. I stood behind him and hugged him from behind. He lay his head on my shoulder with his eyes closed while I heard the sobs coming. 

 

How could someone do that to another human being? I was furious, not only because of the writing but also at myself. I didn't know why exactly, but I had the feeling I would have been able to prevent this terrible happening. 

 

"Do you know who wrote this?" I eventually asked and Key turned around in my embrace. 

 

He nodded and looked me in the eyes. I flinched when I saw the hurt in his eyes. His normally lively eyes were now filled with tears and broke my heart. 

 

"It's a man we know as KangDae. We killed him together back in the warehouse we just left." He explained, but I could hear he had difficulty speaking. 

 

I realized my question had almost been too much for him, so I soothed him and lay his head on my shoulder. "Don't talk. I'm sorry for asking. I promise you: Someday I'll remember everything and I will make everything alright again." I said softly in his ear while I felt his tears drenching my shirt. 

 


A/N: A short update for you, guys. This story reached the 80 subscribers! I'm so thankful! I love you all. It took me a while to write this chapter, because I didn't really know how to proceed the story. I hope you're satisfied with the chapter. 

Till next time and have fun reading, subscribing, commenting or upvoting! ^.^