Meeting my other self

We were meant for each other.

Jonghyun's POV:

"Jonggie~. Wake up, baby."

 

"Mmmm... Letmesleep..." I mumbled. "Just another minute, umma." Why did she always have to be so persistent and nagging? I tried to turn around, but I couldn't move. 

 

"Open your eyes, Jong. Wake up, sleepyhead." 

 

This time I opened my eyes slowly. Surprised I looked around. Where was I? Obviously I wasn't in my own room. It was all white around me. Was I in the hospital? What had happened? Suddenly I recalled the past few days and I shuddered. I should be dead, right? Maybe I did die... I turned my head to see where the voice from just now came from and I froze. 

 

There was Key sitting. Just smiling at me with his beautiful smile. He was dressed in all white clothes and hugged his legs to his chest while sitting next to me. Although he didn't have wings I was convinced they could pop out every moment.  I had really died and gone to heaven.

 

"So... Finally woke up? About time." The boy said and he winked. I quickly sat up and looked at him again. He was still smiling, but I still had a hard time believing he was really sitting here before me without any hurt or hate in his eyes. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Key must have felt really uncomfortable because of that because his smile slowly disappeared.

 

"W-What's the matter? Why are you crying?" He asked hesitated, but I didn't answer. I just grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. I pulled my arms around him and laid my head on his shoulder. Then the tears came and I cried like I had never before.

 

"I-I thought I-I had l-lost y-you." I managed to whisper. I felt his arms slipping around my waist and pulling me even closer. One hand slowly began cherishing my hair. 

 

"Easy, easy. You're save now." He whispered in my ear and I finally felt myself relax.

 

"How sweet this is..."

 

Shocked I looked up. Where did that voice came from? Just then I saw a woman standing behind Key. I quickly released Key and blushed. 

 

"Who... Who are you?" I asked hesitated.

 

"Don't be afraid." Key said and he stood up. He smiled down at me and then walked to the woman. I also stood up and studied the woman closely. Then it hit me.

 

"You're Kim SungHae, right?"

 

She just nodded and smiled. "And you're Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you." She said and she bowed lightly. I quickly bowed back. In the meantime my brains were doing over time. How was it possible I was now talking with someone who had died almost fifty years ago? That was absurd... I looked around and realized I didn't see anything but white.

 

"Uhm... If you don't mind me asking, but where are we?" I asked carefully and I looked at Key. Just now I could see the resemblance between SungHae and Key. It was remarkable.

 

The boy smiled. "Does it matter? We're save here and nothing can happen to us here. We can live here peacefully. Just the three of us..." He said and a dreamy look appeared in his eyes. That look gave me the shivers. Something wasn't right, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I turned to SungHae and was surprised to see her having the same dreamy look in her eyes. I swallowed. I suddenly had the feeling I had to get out of here. Why exactly? It was peaceful here and most important, Key was here. Still I had the feeling I was forgetting something important. Like someone needed me, but I wasn't there. I shook my head and decided to forget it.

 

"What'd you think? You want to stay here with us?" Key asked and he softly grabbed my hand. I felt my heart speeding up. My heart was screaming to embrace him and kiss him and accept him, but my brains told me to wait and get more information. With a lot of effort I freed my hand out of his and turned to SungHae. I avoided Key's sad look in his eyes and smiled to the woman looking at me.

 

 "I want to know something. What exactly happened the night that KangDae murdered Eric?" I asked and I immediately saw a pained look appearing in her eyes. I felt guilty, but I had to know about it.

 

"I... It's really painful for me to talk about it, Jonghyun." She said and she turned her head away. I just waited and hoped she would talk again. Eventually it seemed like she calmed down a bit and she looked at me again. "It was horrible. The first time I met Eric he was so sweet and clumsy. I immediately loved him, but I was still with KangDae around that time." She began and I suddenly remembered the first meeting between the two I had seen in my vision. I nodded to let her know I knew what she was talking about. 

"My relationship with KangDae was already a little shaky around that time. I just needed someone to love me for who I was. KangDae was really sweet, but sometimes he would suddenly become really aggressive and that was really scary." She said and I saw tears appearing in her eyes. Key walked to her and put a arm around her shoulder. He quickly whispered something in her ear and I couldn't help but feel extremely jealous. Then he looked at me and I also saw tears in his eyes. I was shocked. How was that possible? It seemed like they were hurt at the same time. Again I was stunned by the likeness between the two. 

"Eventually I decided to break up with him, but that didn't really go the way I wanted." She whispered and I saw Key flinching. "He became really mad and called me all kind of things. It was horrible. He... He tried to me, but luckily Eric was just in time to save me. You know, you look so much like him." She said softly and a small smile appeared on her face. I felt the chills going down my spine while I thought about all the visions I had and slowly I started to put the pieces together. I sincerely hoped I was wrong while I saw the true appearing before my eyes.

 

Suddenly I heard a voice behind me. "I would never leave you alone. You know that, right sweetie?"

 

Quickly I turned around and gasped. Behind me stood a young man and he was smiling. That was not the thing that shocked me so much. It was just like I was looking into a mirror. Besides some slight difference we were identical and I swallowed.

 

"Eric! Oh, I missed you so much, baby!" SungHae yelled and she ran past me and hugged the man before me. I felt Key coming to stand beside me and he silently slit his hand in mine. I looked at him and his smile made me feel a little more relaxed again.

 

"You understand now?" Was the only thing he said and I slowly nodded. We looked to the couple again and they finally let each other go.

 

"Jonghyun... Thank you for taking care of my girl till now." He said and I looked at him confused. Then I saw him looked at Key and I knew what he meant. I shivered, but nodded.

 

"You're welcome. I just love him so much. I would never let him go." I said and although it sounded weird to say it to my other self I knew it was true. I never wanted to loose Key again. Never ever.

 

"You get what's happening here, right?" Eric then asked and I slowly nodded.

 

"I think so."

 

"Well, then you know what to do, right?" He then asked and this time I shook my head. I felt a headache coming, but I tried to ignore it.

 

"I'll give you a hint. Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly what you should do, but this should help. Everyone has a dark side to him. Try to acknowledge that and you'll have an advantage. Follow your heart and you'll know who you have to keep and who you'll have to lose." 

 

While I was still thinking about his words, the headache became worse and worse. I growled and I closed my eyes. 

 

"Good luck, Jonghyun. Don't forget what I told you and save my little girl." I heard Eric saying and I opened my eyes again. I realized it was not nice to close your eyes when talking to someone. To my shock I saw them disappearing. In panic I looked to my side and gulped. Key was also slowly disappearing.

 

"N-No... You can't go... I-I..." I said, but he just smiled sadly.

 

"I really want you here with me, Jong, but it's not your time yet. We'll see each other soon enough. Be strong and everything will be alright." The youngster said and he bowed forward to me. Just before he totally disappeared I felt two soft lips touching mine and I sighed. Then he was gone and I was all alone. The headache seemed to have reached his , 'cause it felt like my head was splitting in two. With a scream I fell on my knees and I took my head in my hands. With the warmth of Key's lips still on mine I tried to calm down and think, but I just couldn't.

 

Then everything went black and I fell on my side.

 

Excruciating pain...

Slowly I opened my eyes and immediately closed them again. Although it was all dark around me, the pain in my side made my whole world spin. I carefully touched my side and growled when I felt the wet substance of blood covering my fingers.

 

I just lay still and slowly I felt the pain reducing. I managed to sit up and carefully studied the wound in my side. Although there was a lot of blood, it seemed like the bullet had only brushed my side and not really penetrated it. That was a blessing in disguise, I realized and I smiled a little. Then I remembered my vision and my smile disappeared.

 

I knew what I had to do.