Door to the past

We were meant for each other.

Key's POV:

The next morning I woke up panting in cold sweat. I've had a terrible dream about Eric, KangDae and SungHae. I shivered while I recalled the dream.

 

Darkness... Complete darkness...

"Jonghyun? Jonghyun! Where are you? Hello? Is anyone there?" My voice echoed through the darkness but no answer was heard. I tried to get used to the darkness, but I couldn't. I must be dreaming right? I thought to myself, but it all felt so real. Suddenly I felt a chill run down my spine. I turned around and almost screamed. My hand clasped around my mouth to prevent the scream, so only a muffled moan could be heard in the complete silence. 

Before me KangDae was standing and he was grinning. 

"I told you you wouldn't get rid of me that easy, didn't I?" He whispered and I felt a cold wind chilling me to the bone. "You didn't honestly think I was joking, did you? Your precious Jonghyun may be saved, but that's not the only thing that has been saved. Just before I died I linked a little piece of myself to Eric. When Eric gave his spirit to Jonghyun he also gave a little bit of my soul to him. Your Jonghyun will never be the same again. HAHAHAHAHA!"

"NOOOOOO!"

 

Bewildered I shook my head and sighed. It was just a dream. This wasn't happening for real. Jonghyun had maybe forgotten about me for now, but it just wasn't possible for KangDae to somehow be alive. Still deep down, I felt the doubt knibbling. I looked at the sleeping body next to me and smiled. The thought of continuing our lives together somewhere in Daegu made me intensely happy. Although Jonghyun still couldn't remember me, I knew it wouldn't take too long. 

 

I yawned and got up, but then I felt a hand grabbing my wrist. Surprised I looked down and saw Jonghyun groggily opening his eyes and looking up at me with sleepy eyes. 

 

"Don't leave me..." He whispered and my heart broke. Now I knew for sure the dream had just been a dream. I smiled and lay down again. 

 

"Don't worry, Jong. I won't leave you, but we do need to eat breakfast. I'm just going to make something and then we'll prepare for our departure to Daegu, arrasso?" I said softly and although Jonghyun seemed reluctant to let me go, he eventually nodded and let go of my wrist.

 

A few hours we had eaten our breakfast and we were on our way to Jonghyun's house. Somehow I was afraid to see what had happened in the time we were away, but luckily it didn't seem like KangDae had ruined his house also. We quickly packed.

While I was shoving some clothes in a backpack I saw Jonghyun staring at a picture. I walked to him and stood next to him. The picture he was holding showed a little Jonghyun with smiling man and woman next to him, looking loving at each other. 

"These must be my parents." I heard him whispering and I slowly nodded. "Do you know where they are now?" He asked me and I shook my head. I suddenly realized I knew very little about Jonghyun's personal life.

He sighed. "Another thing I have to remember..." He said and he put the picture in his backpack. 

 

After another hour of packing we finally finished and closed the door behind us for the last time. We called a cap and went on our way to Daegu. 

 


 

Jonghyun's POV:

The last few days I was feeling so weird... Like something wasn't right with my body. Well, beside the fact I apparently survived a near-death experience? Yeah, that too, but there was something else. Sometimes when I looked at Key I could feel immense love and the next second immense hate. It confused me so much I was slowly going crazy. Of course I hid this from Key. I didn't want him to worry any more than he already did about me. 

 

Now we were on our way to Daegu to start a new life. I liked it. It felt like the right thing to do. It was around a six hour drive, so they would arrive in the late midday or early evening. They had already booked a hotel for the first few days. During those days they would look for an apartment and a new school, 'cause, although they hadn't been to school for some time already, they still wanted to be educated for the future. 

 

After a three hour drive the driver stopped for a little while. Sighing Jonghyun stepped out of the car and was welcomed by the sun. He stretched his back and looked at Key also getting out of the car. 

 

"You think a few days will be enough to find an apartment?" He suddenly asked and Key smiled.

 

"I'm sure of it. Actually I already found one." He answered and Jonghyun gasped. 

 

"What? Why didn't you tell me!?" He asked and Key chuckled. They sat down on the grass beside the car and enjoyed the sun. 

 

"Ever since I've been on vacation to Daegu last year I wanted to eventually move there. I began looking for apartments and I think I finally found one. Tomorrow we'll go look and speak to the owner to see if we can pay it and stuff." He explained and Jonghyun felt his heart starting to beat faster. This whole new life thing was getting closer and closer and although he was excited, he was also scared as hell. He was still figuring out who he was and what kind of life he had been living and now he was already starting a new one? It was going a little too fast for him now. 

 

"Are you alright?" Key asked worried and Jonghyun realized his thoughts must have been showing on his face. He looked at his friend and smiled.

 

"I'm fine. Everything is just going so fast. I'm still figuring out who I am and what you mean to me and in the meantime we're already starting up our new lives. It's just some getting used to." I explained and I saw Key's gaze softening. 

 

"I understand, Jong. I wish I could help you remember but I just can't. I'm so sorry." He said and I could see the hurt in his eyes. Suddenly I saw something else in his eyes. Fear? Again? I frowned. This wasn't the first time I had the feeling something was wrong between us. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was there. Just before I could complete comprehend it, the driver returned and asked us to get in the car.

Five minutes later we were on our way again.

 

During the rest of the ride I didn't look at Key. I just couldn't. I was so afraid of what I would see. Instead I felt my eyelids grow heavy and I fell asleep.

 

"Jonghyun! Jonghyun!" A faint voice sounded from deep within me. I looked around scared, but didn't see anyone. I was standing in a grassland and the sun was warming my head. 

Suddenly a faint figure started to appear before me. Shocked I did a few steps backwards. A man was standing before me and looked quite scared. 

"Jonghyun, listen to me! You must listen! Something terrible is about to happen to you and Key if you don't listen." The man yelled and Jonghyun shook his head confused. This man knew him and Key? It was getting weirder and weirder. 

 

"How do you know me and Key?" I eventually asked and the man seemed to calm down a bit. 

 

"You can hear me now? Finally!" He said and a little smile appeared on his face. "I'm Eric. I guess Key told you about me." He said and I shook my head. Although Key hadn't talked about an Eric, the man before me looked really familiar. 

"Key didn't tell you? Well, he must have a reason for that, but that's not important now. Something is happening to you - to us - and it's not good. I don't know how or why, but I still feel the presence of KangDae around me. He should be dead, so it's not right I still have the feeling he's around us. I... I just wanted you to warn you. I'm always with you, so if you ever need help just call me and I'll be there for you. Just... Just take good care of Key and remember him soon." The man said and then he disappeared.

 

I felt something nibbling at my memories. Suddenly the landscape before me changed and I found myself in a room with no windows, but two doors. One was open and I saw myself and Key sitting in the cap. I was sleeping and Key was looking at me lovingly. Then the other door... It was closed, so I walked towards it. I had the feeling something very important lay behind this door. I pushed against it, but it didn't open. I took a deep breath and pushed harder. It still didn't open. Now I was getting mad.

This is MY life, MY head and MY dream, I thought irritated and I took another deep breath. I lay my hand on the doorknob and pushed it down slowly. Against all expectations it opened! I slowly opened the door and a bright light blinded my eyes for a few seconds. Then the light dimmed till the light of candle and I looked through the opened door. I saw a little boy playing and I realized it was me. This was the door to my past life. My past memories. The truth about my whole being... I hesitated. Did I really want to know all the pain, sorrow and hurt I had cost and received through my whole life? Then I thought of Key and I knew I had to do it. It was my only change of ever remembering him and after all he had done for me I owned him that must.

So I took a deep breath and stepped through the doorway... 

 

 


 

A/N: Hi guys... *hiding in a corning and avoiding all the things that are now being thrown to me*

Yeah... Well, I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner. I had a really busy last weeks and my school has almost killed me with the chaos of losing test results, papers and teachers who forgot to teach us. -.-" Don't you just love college life? 

 

Well, enough about me! Okay, a little more then... I have summer vacation now, but I'm going on vacation soon and after that I'll be working my off so I don't know how often I will be able to update. Of course I hope it will be soon. 

 

Thank you for still supporting me and I'm sincerely sorry for the long wait.