CHAPTER 6

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 6
 
 
Yuri woke up feeling the soft bed behind her back. She could remember sleeping at the sofa last night. She forced herself to fully open her eyes when she felt the arms of her husband under her head. She smiled upon seeing the figure lying peacefully beside her.
 
That explains why she has woken up inside their bedroom. She carefully moved her body to sit up not wanting to wake Yunho beside her. 
 
When she finally was able to sit on top of the bed, a familiar hand grabbed her belly causing her to go back to her previous position.
 
She looked at Yunho whose one arm was now hugging her flat stomach but his eyes were still shut closed. She carefully lifted up Yunho’s hand to free herself but as she succeeded lifting his arms away, the sleeping Yunho was quick to throw his hands back to her and hugged her tightly. 
 
“Yah! Jung Yunho wake up!”, Yuri let out a scream as she playfully smack Yunho’s back with her hands. Yunho jolted awake upon hearing Yuri’s shouts.
 
He sat next to Yuri who was sitting near the headboard with one eyebrow raised. 
 
“What?! I’m trying to sleep here.”, he said as he leaned closer to Yuri and slightly pecked her lips. Then he crouched to rest his head on top of Yuri’s soft legs. He prefers these than the pillows.
 
“Are you even sleeping huh Jung Yunho!?”, Yuri playfully asked as he lightly pinched Yunho’s perfect nose.
 
“Of course I am. I won’t be able throw my hands on your belly if I was fully awake.”
 
“Yah!”, Yuri shouted after realizing Yunho was lying.
 
“Oops!”, that was all he could say and let out a laugh.
 
He stopped laughing when he met Yuri’s gaze. Her face and warmth are the only things he needed to see and feel every waking morning. He raised his head so that their faces are near each other and he aimed for her lips which she willingly obliged.
 
They stayed in that position with Yunho casually shoving strands of hair that falls from her back but they broke the kiss when they heard Ara’s cries from the nursery. Both of them head to the room now filled with Ara’s cries.
 
Once they reached the room, Yuri looked at her wailing daughter and picked her up to comfort her. Yunho followed suit and wrapped his arms around Yuri’s waist before giving Ara a kiss on her soft cheeks. 
 
“Are you hungry baby?” Yuri asked cute little Ara while slightly patting her back. The baby somehow stopped wailing and rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder.
 
“Baby. Come hold Ara first I’ll make breakfast first.” Yuri instructed Yunho before giving Ara to her daddy.
 
Yuri left Yunho whose now playing with Ara. Ara really liked it when her daddy plays with her. Yuri proceeded to the kitchen to make breakfast. 
 
She prepared omelet, Yunho’s favorite, and baby food for Ara. She put the plates in place and went to the fridge to produce a carton of fresh milk. After preparing the table she went to the nursery to tell Ara and Yunho that breakfast is now ready.
 
“My babies! Come. The food is ready.” She called teasingly. 
 
“Hear that Ara? Come on! Mom said the food is ready.” Yunho playfully said while carrying Ara. Ara responded with a small giggle showing her excitement for the food as if she could already understand what her daddy had just said.
 
Yuri loves seeing Yunho and Ara happily playing. Yunho had been a very good father to Ara and Yuri is definitely all praises for Yunho.
 
“Woah! Thanks for the food!”, Yunho exclaimed after taking a seat at the center of the glass table. Ara was seated in between
 
Yunho and Yuri inside her high-chair. The family started eating happily with Yuri feeding Ara her baby food and at times a bigger baby that is Jung Yunho. 
 
After a delicious meal Yunho and Ara went to the living room to play while Yuri started cleaning the dining table and continues to wash the dishes. She could hear Ara’s soft giggles while Yunho plays with her. Before she could finish washing the dishes,
 
Ara’s giggles could no longer be heard. She took a peek to what’s happening at the living room but Yunho came carrying a sleeping Ara in his arms signaling her to keep quiet. 
 
She finally finished washing the dishes so she made her way to Ara’s room and saw Yunho still carrying Ara in his arms to let her sleep. 
 
Yuri decided that she should just check the laundries so she can ask Yunho to deliver them to the laundry shop. She headed for their room to get their dirty clothes. She checked each piece of clothing one by one before putting them to the basket. The clothes were the usual: her shorts, undergarments, tops, jeans, Yunho’s jackets, suits, pants, boxers, and shirts. 
 
She was about to throw to the basket the last piece of garment which happens to be Yunho’s collared white shirt he wore yesterday when something caught her eye.
 
The collar of the garment had a certain stain of red. She trembled upon the sight of the unusual stain. Her face was slowly turning red. She decided to smell the stain on his collar. The collar smelled of Yunho and a foreign smell. Yuri is now sure that the stain was a lipstick judging from how it was oddly shaped like those of a girl’s lips on his shirt. 
 
Tears began to cloud her vision.
 
“How can you do this to me?”, she said to herself while she is gripping the piece of clothing almost ripping it in between her hands.
 
Then she couldn’t help herself but cry at the thought of Yunho betraying her. Her knees began to weaken and not long after the realization hit her, she stumbled upon the cold floor. Her sobs began to grow audible crying her heart out because of her beloved Yunho’s betrayal.
 
Yunho began hearing loud sobs coming from their room and what startled him was that the cries were sure to be coming from Yuri. She carefully placed Ara on her crib before he rocketed to the next room. He found Yuri crying on the floor with his shirt on her grips.
 
“Yuri what happened?”, he asked concernedly then he rushed to where Yuri was sitting and he tried to help Yuri sit up but once his hand touched her, she harshly shoved them away.
 
“Don’t you dare touch me you cheater!”, Yuri screamed then helped herself up to face her boyfriend— ex-boyfriend. 
 
Yunho was obviously shocked upon hearing Yuri’s statement. He watched her as she tried to pull herself up. She was staring at him with anger and rage. He had never seen these stares from her for a long time but he knows what they meant. 
 
“Yuri I don’t understand? What have I done baby?” Yunho tried to calm her by attempting to hug her but she always shoves his hands whenever he attempted to.
 
“How long have you been cheating on me Yunho!”, she said still not stopping her cries.
 
If there was one thing Yunho hates, aside from Yuri with another man is the sight of her crying. He’d rather die than to see her cry and seeing that the cause of her cries is no other than his own self makes him want to punch the wall.
 
“Yuri. I have never ever cheated on you. Why would you even think that?” He stated calmly hoping she would accept his explanation.
 
“Then how could you explain this!?” she lifted up his tainted collar to show him her evidence of his betrayal.
 
Yunho froze upon seeing the shirt he wore yesterday and saw a red stain on its collar. Right then and there he recalled the scene yesterday when the girl kissed his collar before he was able to shoo her away. He didn’t notice that the goddamn girl was able to leave a mark.
 
“I-I-.” Yunho tried to find the words but he can’t seem to find them. How can he explain this to her? He knows she won’t take his explanation easily.
 
“You what??” Yuri shouted while throwing the garment on Yunho before she left him frozen.
 
Yuri went to their walk in closet and produced a big travelling bag on one of the compartments and as quickly as she can she began opening her drawers and started throwing all her belongings inside the big bag. She paced back and forth claiming anything that is hers.
 
“Yuri what are you doing?” Yunho had enetered the room without her noticing. She stopped for a while and looked at him. Their eyes met for a moment but she quickly withdrew because she knows his gaze can make her alter her decision all at once. She proceeds to pack her things but before she could continue Yunho was already standing behind her, hugging her back.
 
“Yuri please! Don’t do this. Please don’t leave me.” Yuri stopped and felt her shoulders were already wet.
 
Yunho is crying. JUNG YUNHO IS CRYING.  
 
For a matter of seconds they stayed at that position Yuri not moving while Yunho back hugging her. Both crying. The epitome of a happy family has shattered.
 
“Let go of me.” Yuri was finally able to speak coldly. Still not moving but her voice is firm.
 
“No! Yuri I won’t let you. I love you!” Yunho uttered those three last words as if his life depends on them. Yuri knows that if she hears those three words again she’ll surrender and end up making out with this cheater.
 
“I hate you.” she exclaimed freeing herself from Yunho’s tight embrace. Once freed she hurried to Ara’s nursery and slowly cupped her small body before reaching for the door.
 
Before she went out of the house, she took one more glance at their room and saw him standing frozen on the opening of the door to their bedroom. Even at this distance she could see that Yunho was crying. 
 
“Goodbye Yunho.” she mumbled before banging the door behind her. 
 
Both of them believe that this was the end of a fairytale they shared for years. That one mistake that she believes he had done shattered all their happy memories and left their love hanging.
 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Last chapter for the day I promise.. hehehe

I just need to give a hint on where this story is heading before I drift off..

Enjoy guys.

Please please please do leave a comment.