CHAPTER 11

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 11
 
 
Minho has just arrived at the office where his father has been waiting for him. He has been waiting for him for 30 mins now and knowing his father, he was definitely in big trouble.
 
He was panting when he arrived at his office. His father was sipping his second cup of coffee and looking as pissed as ever.
 
“I’m sorry I’m late. I was caught up in traffic an—.”  he was suddenly cut by a huge hiss from the man sitting on his sofa. 
 
“Enough of your excuses!” the man in a black suit stood up with his hands inside his pockets and moved closer to the frozen Minho.
 
“You kept me waiting for 30 mins!” Minho was still frozen on his feet with his hands almost dripping of sweat.  
 
The man was moving around him and didn’t bother to offer his son a seat. A smirk formed in his lips when he saw Minho sweating all over. It fancies him how his own son feared him so much. This is the main reason why Minho decided to live separately from his father.
 
“Having a day off?” he could hear how Minho gulped at his father’s question causing the older man to smile devilishly
 
“I-I- was just ha-ving a-a ti-me o-ff.” Minho stuttered as he tried to explain his absence. Though he was already President of Choi Empire, his father is still watching his every move.
 
“Time off??!!” the old man growled causing Minho to startle a bit.
 
“You know that the company is facing a huge problem right now and you’re out there having a vacation?” the old man almost shouted in his ears.
 
“I’m sorry Appa but I didn’t know you were coming over so I asked Tiffany to—.” Again he wasn’t able to finish his explanation when his father suddenly cut him off.
 
“Oh! Before I forget, you need to hire a new secretary.” Minho looked at him with a questioning look. That’s probably the first time he looked at him straight in his eyes since he entered the room.
 
“What do you mean?” the man gave him a small laugh.
 
“I fired her.” 
 
“What?” Minho widened his round eyes after hearing what the old man had said.
 
The old man moved away from him and headed to sit on the sofa leaving Minho dumbfounded.
 
“She was partly the reason why you were on your little day off.” He said giving Minho a smirk.
 
“But she was only following my instructions! She has nothing to do with this.” He was on the verge of attacking this very man that is his father. Tiffany has been a good secretary for him and he feels guilty that she was fired because of him.
 
“So that should be a lesson for you! Keep your eyes on the company Minho!” Minho was clenching his fist in anger. He can’t stand making other people suffer because of him.
 
“The company is doing fine Appa.” He tried to reason out but the older man looked at him with a frown.
 
“Fine? Fine is when you managed to bring Choi Empire at the top Minho!” Minho froze at his father’s words. He did everything that he can to run the company but it seems like nothing is enough for his father.
 
“What brings you here anyways?” he looked away to escape his father’s death glare. The older man sat comfortably on the sofa while looking at the standing Minho.
 
“There will be a dinner party a week from now for the annual Korean Companies Assoc. and as President of Choi Enterprises you must attend.” 
 
“Is that all?” Minho asked obviously in a rush to get the conversation over.
 
“The president of Jung Enterprises will also be there and I want you to get acquainted with him. His company is at the top right now and I want you to be friends with him.”
 
He can tell that his father was up to something with his devilish tone. He knows his father too well and asking him to befriend the President of Jung Enterprises sounds suspicious for him.
 
“Okay Appa.” He forced to reply. After his reply the man stood to face him with his left hand inside his pocket. He came closer to Minho and whispered to him.
 
“Do that and I’ll give you more details.” He wasn’t looking at his father but he can clearly tell that he was smirking.
 
Slowly the man disappeared from his office and left Minho still stuck on his feet with his head bent down. 
He didn’t realize that his fists were clenched the whole time his father was talking to him. He sat down on the large sofa and dialed Tiffany’s number. After ringing twice the girl picked up.
 
 
“Hello Tiff.” Minho’s voice was full of concern and almost sympathetic.
 
“Sir.” He could tell that she has been crying judging from her hoarse voice. It made him feel more guilt.
 
“I’m so sorry Tiff. Because of me Appa fired you.”
 
“That’s okay sir. I can still find another job.” 
 
“Tiffany please let me help you find another job. I have a friend who is in need of a new secretary I can recommend you to him.” he heard tiffany’s sobs from the other line.
 
“Thank you so much sir.” Her sobs were becoming more audible.
 
“I’m sorry again Tiff. Take care of yourself. Thanks for everything.”
 
“Thank you Minho. You take care too.” Then she hung up.
 
 
Minho stood up and fished his keys on his pockets. He was so tired. All he needs to do right now is to go home and get a good sleep and leave his problems for today which includes finding a new secretary for him. 
 
On his way home he suddenly remembered the incident this afternoon at his new neighbor’s place. His new neighbors were a mystery for him and it made him feel strange. He had never been interested in the lives of his neighbors except for this one especially after what he saw lately.
 
 
*flashback*
 
Minho stood silent a few steps away from his new neighbor’s door looking at a figure of a handsome man and a pretty girl beside him. He wasn’t the type of man who would intervene with other people’s business but somehow he feels the need to find out more something about his new neighbors.
 
A few moments later the door slowly opened revealing the face of his new neighbor. He could feel the tension between the man and the girl behind the door. After looking at each other for seconds, the man entered the house without notice but the girl just let him in obviously looking pissed. She then shifted her gaze to the girl standing beside the man and gave her an approving nod.
 
By the time the other girl had stepped inside, his new neighbor stopped to look at him. His eyes widened when he met her gaze. His heart was pumping so fast but before he could do something, she already closed the door leaving him dumbfounded. 
 
*end of flashback*
 
 
‘Was that her husband?’ Minho thought as he was passing by the streets of Seoul. The expression on her face when he saw the man kept replaying on Minho’s mind.
 
The extreme sadness in her eyes was further triggered by the sight of this man. ‘If that’s her husband, why does she look so sad?’ he asked himself still occupied by the thoughts of her. She was a mystery to him and it makes him want to know more about her. He needs to know the reason behind the sadness on her beautiful eyes.
 
 
 
 
Yunho came back to his apartment with a heavy heart. He failed bringing his family back. He was boiling in anger that Yuri didn't even bother considering his explanations and just kicked her out of her life.
 
'She didn't trust me enough.' he thought as he stared blankly at the view on his window. 
 
For longest time he thought that their relationship was bound by love and trust but seeing how she had judged him at once proved him wrong. 
 
He took a glance at his bedside table and took a picture frame. A small smile crept up on his face.
It was a picture of Yuri and him on their first anniversary where they were both holding a heart-shaped pillow and wearing a
white couple shirt. He could remember how Junsu and Jaejoong would joke about how mushy he had become since Yuri became his girlfriend.
 
He slowly began to trace the outline of Yuri's face on the picture. How he hoped it was the real Yuri he was caressing. 
 
He closed his eyes while doing it as if trying to remember how her skin would mold into his perfectly. It's as if she was desinged for his touch and no one else.
 
Then he opened his eyes. He needs to be strong if he wants his family back. He needs to show Yuri that he is innocent and that her accusations are never true and will never be true.
 
But after their confrontation at her place, he felt a tinge of hope. He can't help but to feel glad that she was slowly weighing on things. He believes that when the time is right, he'll get his family back. 
 
With one last glance at the picture, he finally placed it back to its original position and he stared outside his window not really knowing where to look.
 
 
 
__________at Yuri’s place____________
 
 
 
After Yoona left the house, Yuri made milk for Ara while she helped herself with a bowl of cereals. She was not in the mood to cook for dinner and her having no appetite didn’t help either. When both of them finished their meals she gave Ara a sponged bath and changed her into sleeping clothes. After a small while Ara was already drifting off to dreamland while Yuri was her back. She cupped her forehead and made her way to the kitchen. 
 
“Hmm I think I need to throw away the trash before I sleep.” She told herself after seeing the trash bin full. She took the trash bag and made her way out. 
 
Once she got out from her door she accidentally dropped a carton of milk and bent down to pick it up. When she turned her body, she bumped into a firm figure of a man and they both stumbled on the floor.
 
“Ouch!” she said caressing her bottom which fell hard on the cold floor.
 
“Im sorry miss.” The man jolts up to help her on her feet. She was looking down and didn’t know who the intruder was and when she looked at him, she saw a familiar face.
 
 
 
Minho was still drowned in his thoughts that he didn’t saw a figure of a woman turning towards him and accidentally, they both stumbled on the floor.
 
“I’m sorry miss.” He looked at her and was surprised to see the woman occupying his thoughts just now. Her sad eyes haven’t changed a bit.
 
Both his hands were sweating hard. His eyes widened and he almost forgot helping her up. He offered his hand for her to grab hoping she wouldn’t notice his sweating palms but he realized that she too was taken aback when she saw him.
 
“You!”
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
I wanna make up for the long wait... 
hope you enjoy these updates..
 
:D