CHAPTER 14

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 14
 
 
Yuri had finished her first day of work and after a few minutes of arguing with Minho about rejecting his offer for a ride home, she finally arrived. She looked at the empty room and was expecting to see Ara and Yoona but they were nowhere in sight so she picked up her phone and dialed Yoona’s number.
 
“Hello Yoong?” she said after Yoona picked up.
 
“Oh Yul are you already home?”Yoona replied.
 
“Yes. I just got home but where are you and where’s Ara?” Yuri asked worriedly.
 
“Oh I forgot to tell you that Yunho Oppa picked us up for dinner. You know, he wants to see his daughter Yul.” Yuri didn’t reply for a moment but managed to speak.
 
“I see. So what time are you going to return?” she sighed.
 
“Actually were on our way to your house.” 
 
“Okay. Be careful.” Then they both hung up.
 
 
‘Yunho will be coming over.’ She sighed but a part of her seems excited to see him. She went to the bathroom to change to comfortable clothes. When she was heading to the kitchen to make some dinner, she noticed the flowers she received this morning. She smiled at them and headed to the kitchen. 
 
After having dinner, she decided to wait for them at the living room. She sat on the sofa and slowly she could remember their happy times when Yunho would visit her in this house. They would just sit and talk the whole day without getting tired with Yunho lying on her lap. 
 
‘I wish we can turn back in time.’ She thought to herself but her zoning out was interrupted by a knock on the door. “That’s them.” she mumbled feeling a bit nervous and got up to open the door.
 
Disappointment was written all over her face when she found Yoona with Ara but no sign of Yunho. Yoona sensed her disappointment so she decided to .
 
“Expecting someone?” she asked with a meaningful laugh.
 
“O-Of course not!” she replied giving Yoona an evil look which she just shrugged off. Ara was smiling at them and held her hands up to her mom.
 
“Oh my baby.” Yuri excitedly said while taking Ara from Yoona before heading inside. She kissed Ara’s cheek and hugged her tightly. Yoona followed them and headed inside.
 
“He said hi to you.” Yuri stopped whatever she was doing with Ara and looked at Yoona. 
 
“How is he?” Yuri worriedly asked. Yoona took a chair at the living room before giving a reply. 
 
“He’s coping. But I think he’s still not happy with this set up.” Yuri gulped thinking he might not be eating properly or looking after himself properly. 
 
“Yoong please take care of him. You know how he might be stubborn at times but he just needs company that’s all.” Yoona nodded and gave her a reassuring smile.
 
“Yul I really wanted to chat about your job hunting but it’s getting late so I need to head home now.” She came closer to Yuri and gave her a hug before looking at Ara.
 
“You be a good girl.” She said before giving her a peck on the lips.
 
“Thanks Yoong, for everything.” Yoona nodded and turned to the door but she suddenly stopped to remember something. 
 
“Oh Yul. Oppa wants to ask permission if he could take Ara for an overnight tomorrow.” Yuri thought for a while and replied. 
 
“Of course I’ll pack her things and you can pick her up tomorrow morning.” Yoona nodded and went out of the door.
 
 
 
“Yunho-ssi.” Mr. Bae answered his phone.
 
“Hello hyung. Got any progress?” Yunho was pacing back and forth inside his apartment with his phone in hand.
 
“Yes. I got information that she has just been hired as secretary for the President of Choi Empire. She was just hired today.” the older man answered.
 
Yunho made a deep sigh.
 
“Ok thanks hyung. Call me for more progress.” Then they both hung up. 
 
He gulped another glass of wine and looked at the view from his glass window. 
 
‘Why is Yuri doing this?’ Yuri knows how he despises it when she’s working but she still did it. Is she really trying to get rid of him? So many thoughts clouding his mind but suddenly he halted when a realization came to him.
 
Yuri is not a college graduate with no work experience and a secretary for a President of a company as big as Choi Empire needs to hire someone who is very much capable but why did they hire Yuri? There’s got to be something wrong and realizing how gorgeous and stunning his girlfriend is didn’t help him calm either. After thinking of this, Yunho tightened his grip around the bottle. The thought of Yuri being held by another man sent him to a jealous fit.  
 
“You’re mine Yuri. Only mine.” he mumbled with anger fuming all over his face.
 
 
 
 
The next day Yoona came early to pick Ara up. She’ll be staying the whole night with her daddy so Yuri would be sleeping alone tonight. After Yoona picked up Ara, she drove her to her office. There she told Yoona the whole story how she got the job. Yoona smelled something fishy about it but she didn’t bother telling Yuri.
 
They arrived at the building and Yuri waved goodbye to them.She came earlier than Minho and started to work. After 30 mins. Minho came so she bowed to greet him.
 
He smiled at her and left her to proceed to his desk. 
Minho went to his table to produce an invitation. He quickly approached Yuri’s table to talk to her.
 
“Hey Yuri-ah.” He smiled at her.
 
“Need anything sir?” Yuri replied with a straight face.
 
“Aish! Yuri, please stop calling me sir. Just call me Minho or I’ll definitely fire you.” Minho playfully teased with a pout on his face.
 
“Okay si—Minho.” she replied smiling at Minho’s playfulness. She’s working for two days now but she already found out how childish Minho can be sometimes which she didn’t expect for a President of a huge company.
 
Somehow this trait made her feel comfortable given that she’s still new to the corporate world.
 
“That’s more like it.” he beamed a huge smile.
 
“Here.” Minho handed her a piece of white envelope. She stared at the envelope for a while.
 
“That’s an invitation to a dinner party. As my secretary, I want you to come with me to the party.”he said coolly but deep inside he was hoping that she wouldn't reject his offer.
 
Yuri may be Jung Yunho’s girlfriend but she never accompanies him to occasions like this. She never feels comfortable around so many people. She gave Minho a hesitating look. 
 
“Yuri-ah please I need you there.” he said giving her those puppy eyes. 
She hesitated for a moment but finally nodded. 
 
“Really? Great!” Minho jumped like a kid and was smiling all over.
Yuri smiled at his reaction. Looking at how ecstatic Minho is made her forget her hesitations.
 
She had considered Minho as a friend since he was all kind to her even though she still lacks on some areas. He only insists on giving her lighter work since she just started and he didn’t give her tasks outside the company grounds yesterday. 
 
Little did Yuri know that Minho was admiring her the whole day of yesterday. He would peek at her worktable once in a while to admire his beautiful secretary.
 
Minho stopped jumping and turned to Yuri.
 
“That will be three days from now so please prepare.” He winked at her before leaving her workplace. Yuri just smiled at his foolishness and continued with her work.
 
 
 
________________the day of the dinner party_______________
 
 
“Yoong I need your help!” Yuri called her friend’s attention who was feeding Ara her milk. Yoona looked at her who was still searching for a dress in her closet. She carried Ara and came closer to Yuri. 
 
“You know what, you need a more suitable dress for a dinner and I think your pile of dresses here won’t do.” She said looking at her closet.
 
“But I don’t have anything to wear and the party is tonight.” Yuri sighed in defeat. “Sorry Yul but even I don’t have dresses for those occasions. We can just go to the mall now and look for a dress.” Yuri’s face brightened up.
 
“Okay. I still have a few hours before the party anyways.” Yoona was about to take her keys when she heard a knock on the door.
 
“I’ll get it!” Yuri exclaimed and reached for the door.
 
She opened the door and saw no one.
 
“That’s strange.” she mumbled and looked at both her left and right but still there was no one. She was about to close the door when she noticed a box on the floor of her doorsteps. She picked up the box and there was a not in it. 
 
 
To: Yuri-ah
I’ll pick you up at 6:30 and you can’t argue with me this time.
Wear this dress. See you
 
From: Minho
 
 
Yuri smiled at his note and looked at his closed door. She went in with the box with her. 
 
“What’s that Yul?” Yoona asked in curiosity.
 
“Uhm my boss gave it to me to wear tonight.” She explained earning a meaningful look at Yoona.
 
“What?” she asked upon noticing Yoona’s meaningful look.
 
“Your boss likes you Yul.” she said bluntly.
 
“What are you talking about? He gave this to me so that I won’t come out there looking ugly.” She said while slowly opening the box.
 
It revealed an elegant looking white long gown and it comes with a really beautiful pair of high heels. Both girls admired the piece of clothing for a minute. 
 
“He sure does have good taste in clothing.” Yoona commented still looking at the dress.
 
“Can you help me with this Yoong?” Yoona nodded with a smile and they both started fixing Yuri for the party.
 
“Sir your suit has already arrived.” Sunny beamed at his office door.
 
“Oh thanks. Just put it right there.” He pointed at the sofa and smiled at his secretary.
 
‘This will be another boring night.’ Yunho thought looking at his suit. He’s not fond of these kinds of gathering but as president of one of Korea’s top companies, his presence is highly anticipated. He got up from his desk and took his new suit and headed to the bathroom of his office.
 
 
 
Yoona just finished putting light make up on Yuri and doing curls on her hair. She took one fuller look on Yuri and decided she was ready. 
 
“Done! Yul you look amazing.” She said admiring her work.
 
“Thanks Yoong. I owe you so much.” Yul embraced her friend.Suddenly a knock on the door was heard. 
 
“Who’s that?” Yoona asked. 
 
“That’s probably my boss. He told me he’ll pick me up.” 
 
“Owwwhhhhh” Yoona gave her another meaningful look before giving her a smirk. Yuri just chuckled at her.
 
“I’ll get going Yoong. You can sleep here. I’ll get home as soon as I can.” Yuri said while getting her purse and hugged Yoona.
 
“Sure. Be CAREFUL Yul.” Yoona gave her a ‘you-know-what-i-mean-by-careful’ look and Yuri just smiled at her friend’s protectiveness. 
 
She opened the door to see a standing Minho looking dashing on a grey suit. Yuri can’t help but admire his beautiful features this was the first time she found Minho attractive. 
 
Minho on the other hand was taken aback with the sight in front of him. She was looking stunning and elegant inside the dress and her light make up brought out her natural beauty even more. He was almost drooling in front of her but managed to stop his saliva from dropping and closed his mouth.
 
“Look at you.” Yuri said playfully while looking at the frozen Minho.
 
Minho was blushing like a bull and his ears were turning red like tomato. 
 
“You look so beautiful tonight.” He commented using all his efforts not to stutter in front of her. Yuri smiled and closed the door behind her.
 
“Let’s go?” she offered after noticing that Minho was still frozen on his feet. Minho nodded and they both made their way to Minho’s car.
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
I'm giving two chapters for today since I can't update for the next few days.. 
i hope I could update next week.. 
enjoy :D