CHAPTER 13

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 13
 
 
Minho was not able to sleep well last night. He kept repeating the scenes by the hallway and if it was possible, he could’ve recorded Yuri’s cold voice and made it his ringtone. 
 
He was awake extra early today and prepared to head to the office but he has other plans. He kept on waiting for Yuri to come out from her room. He would slightly peek on the door to check if she would appear outside her door.
 
The incident last night was just the beginning and he promised himself that the day wouldn’t end without them being friends. 
 
He was waiting for almost an hour now when he saw a delivery boy waiting outside Yuri’s house with a bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear in his hands. He felt his heart tightening as if someone is gripping the muscle when Yuri received the gifts. 
 
‘It must be her husband.’ He thought to himself but he can’t help but to suspect the unique set up happening between Yuri and the man yesterday which he assumed to be Yuri’s husband. So many thoughts gathering around his mind and all of it concerns Yuri. 
 
Moments later another person stood knocking at her door. 
 
‘She sure has so many visitors.’ He thought but after examining the girl closely, he realized that it was the same girl from yesterday. He assumed it was Yuri’s sister since they do look alike a lot.
 
After another 30 minutes he heard another sound from her door and smiled when he saw Yuri going out of her apartment. 
 
“This is my chance.”he mumbled before opening the door of his own room. He has been preparing this scenario since last night so he definitely knows what he’ll do.
 
He almost overdid his 'practice' when he literally jumped right in front of her and acted like he just saw a ghost.
 
“Oh it’s you again. This must be fate huh.” He said sounding surprised. He smiled at her but she just rolled her eyes on him obviously feeling irritated.
 
“I’m very sorry but I don’t have time for chit chats so if you’ll excuse me I need to find a job.” She turned around avoiding him. 
 
He was stunned and just like that he had forgotten what he had practiced since last night. 
 
‘Wait! Did she say she needs a job?’ suddenly a thought crept in his mind. He fastens his pace to catch up with her and walked beside her.
 
“Seriously?” she stopped walking and glared at him. She was obviously pissed and any moment by now she’ll consider calling him a stalker.
 
“Well, I just want to be friends with you Yuri-ssi.” He smiled at her but wasn’t responded with the same.
 
“Misterrrrrrrrr????…..” Yuri was recalling his name but she seems to have forgotten it since she wasn’t really paying attention to him last night.
 
“Uhm. Minho. Choi Minho.” He corrected.
 
“Mister Choi, I don’t have the time to play games here. I’m trying to find a living and you’re ruining my possibility of landing a job by pissing me off!” she is really angry this time.
 
She already has too many problems and this stranger that she barely met is already getting into her nerves.
 
He on the other hand was taken aback by her anger. She didn’t wait for him to respond and began heading for the elevator but she stopped after hearing him.
 
“I can give you a job!” He shouted. She turned around to look at him with a questioned look. He moved closer to her and gave her a reassuring smile.
 
“You know what; you surely are going great lengths just to piss me off.” She was staring at him coldly.
 
“Aniyo! I’m serious. If you’re looking for a job I can help you with that.” He shook his head to show that he wasn’t joking. She raised one eyebrow at him but didn’t reply. He noticed that she was still hesitant so he took his wallet and gave her his company address.
 
“Here. Go to this building and look for me. The president of that company is in need of a secretary. You’re perfect for the job.”
 
She looked at the piece of hard paper on his hand but she was still suspicious so she didn’t immediately grab it. He looked at her and instead of waiting for her to grab the piece of paper from him, he opened her bag and put the small paper inside it.
 
“Yah!” she shouted but he has already succeeded in putting it inside her bag and disappeared in her sight. She looked inside her bag and fished the piece of paper. “Hmm. I really need a job though.” She mumbled and returned the piece of paper inside her bag and head off to the elevator.
 
 
____________at Jung Enterprises___________
 
 
 
“Sir, Mr. Bae is already here.” his secretary Sunny reported. “Arasso. Let him in.” he rotated his swivel chair to face the man he ordered to meet.
 
“Good morning Yunho-ssi. Long time no see.” greeted the old man wearing a brown coat and a hat which he removed after entering Yunho’s cozy office.
 
“Good morning Hyung” Yunho nodded gesturing to give Mr. Bae a seat. 
 
“So, it seems like you need my service Yunho-ssi.” the older man folded his legs after having his seat.
 
“Well this isn’t a tough job but is highly important to me.” the older man looked at him with a smirk. Yunho stood up from his chair and took a short brown envelope with him and came closer to the man.
 
“Here.” He gave the envelope to the older man. 
 
“That’s my girlfriend Kwon Yuri and my baby Ara.” he continued while the man took the insides of the envelope containing a picture of Yuri and Ara along with their current address. 
 
“Such pretty girls you have here Yunho-ssi but what do you want me to do with them.” He gave him a questioning look. Yunho returned to his swivel chair before giving the man a reply.
 
“Well I want you to follow them. I want you to know every detail about them especially my girlfriend Yuri.” The older man gave him a confused look. Yunho stared at him as if not wanting him to question his motives.
 
“Just do your job hyung. Keep an eye on them and tell me every detail.” the man stood from his seat and wore his hat.
 
“I guess I should be going now Yunho-ssi. I still have your girlfriend to look after.” He bowed to him and Yunho gave a nod in reply. Soon the man was out of sight. 
 
He took his phone from his desk and stared at his wallpaper. He smiled at the photo of Yuri and Ara and said,“I’ll do everything to get you back Yuri-ah.”
 
 
 
 
“Were here ma’am.” exclaims the driver as they arrived in front of a huge building. Yuri handed a few dollars to the driver and went out of the cab. She looked at the building in front of her. It was almost the same as Yunho’s company but his was a bit taller and larger. She took a deep breath and entered the building. 
 
The lobby was elegant looking with glasses surrounding the walls. The lobby alone was busy and full of people. She found the front desk and moved closer. She was greeted with a smile from a pretty girl with a blonde hair. 
 
“Uhm hi. Well I’m looking for Choi Minho. He said he’s working here but I he didn’t tell me where his office or desk is.” The blonde girl looked at her stunned and bent down to dial something on her phone. 
 
‘Hmm. He seems important for a staff. I wonder what his position here is’ she thought to herself.
 
“Yes sir she’s here.” That was all Yuri could hear from her conversation. Moments later the blonde girl turned to her.
 
“Ms. Yuri the president wants to see you. His office is at the last floor.” The blonde girl smiled at her and before she left she gave her a huge bow showing her appreciation.
 
She proceeded to walk through the elevator and pushed the 23rd floor. After a few while she arrived at the 23rd floor and was surprised to see that there was only one office for the whole floor. She was admiring the whole interior of the place when a voice was suddenly heard from the left end of the huge room. 
 
“So you accepted my offer.” Yuri was literally stunned as she looked to where the voice was coming from and found Minho. 
 
“You?” she moved back a little and shifted her gaze at his table.
 
‘President? !’ she cursed on her thoughts. Minho chuckled at the sight of Yuri panicking. Ironically she looked all cute for him at the state of panic. 
 
“You didn’t tell me that you own this company!” she was still oblivious of the fact that he is a president of a huge company. 
 
“You didn’t ask.” He wouldn’t tell her either way because she’ll never consider accepting his offer. 
 
“Sit down Yuri.” He offered pointing the chair near his table. She hesitantly moved closer to the chair without looking at Minho.  
 
She considered walking out of the room and out of the building but she badly needs the job so she swallowed her pride for a bit. She can’t possibly rely on her bank account forever and hell does she want to rely on Yunho. 
 
“So let’s start with your resume. Do you have it?” asked Minho obviously trying to sound formal. Yuri grabbed an envelope inside her bag and gave it to Minho still without looking at him. ‘Kwon Yuri. so that’s her full name.’he thought after scanning her resume. 
 
“You’re hired.” he said without looking further on her resume. Her eyes widen and finally looked at Minho.
 
“WHAT?” she can’t believe that he was going to hire her that easily. 
 
“No interviews or anything? You’re hiring me just like that?” she may be new to this but she’s definitely aware that interviews should take place before hiring an employee.
 
“Well I don’t see why I shouldn’t hire you and besides you needed this job right?” he smiled at her. She swear under her breath that he was being rediculous except that he was pretty much right. She really need a job.
 
“Fine. When do I start?” she asked him.
 
He smiled before replying, “Now. Your work table is there and if you needed something, just ask me.” Minho said while pointing at a table just a few steps away from his and shifted his attention to her.
 
Yuri was about to stand up when Minho interrupted her. 
 
“Wait!” she glared at him.
 
“It says here on your resume that you are single but was that your child that you’re carrying yesterday? Aren’t you married?” he asked after closely scanning the details on her resume.
 
“Well sir I guess that is a very private matter that I wish not to discuss.” She said coldly forgetting that it was her boss that she’s talking to.
 
“But how would I know that what you’re claiming on this resume is true?” Minho asked with a smirk on his face.
Yuri almost self-talked to calm herself down. 
“Arasso. Yes that baby girl I was caring is my daughter but I don’t have a husband SIR.” She said emphasizing the word sir.
 
“Oh. So you’re not in a relationship?” Minho asked anticipatingly.
 
“No sir. So can I go to work now?” Minho nodded and watched her approach her work place. He was smiling like mad. Knowing that she isn’t married or is not in a relationship somehow pleases him but still he needs to know more about her and her being a single mother and not to mention the guy in front of her house yesterday.
 
‘Kwon Yuri you are one interesting woman.’ Minho thought as he was looking at the edge of his computer staring closely at his new secretary.
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I really need your comments guys..
thanks for viewing my story :D