CHAPTER 26

TAINTED

 

 

CHAPTER 26

 

As soon as the couple agreed about Yuri’s decision, she wasted no time in reaching out to Minho. She would always call him every day but much to her disappointment and worry, he never answered any.  She felt guiltier by the day and not a day passed where she wouldn’t blame herself about it. She even heard from Yunho that Choi Enterprises is going down the market nowadays and the thought of Minho’s father mocking him even more frightens her.

She contacted his friends and found out that Minho had been going in and out of every bar all night and even they, can’t stop him. She wants him to go back to the old Minho and if she was luckier, she wants him to be a better one, but how can she do it without sacrificing her love for Yunho. If only Minho would lelt her explain maybe she can talk him through and make him understand that she’s wasting his life for an unrequited love.

These had been going on for more than a month now that even Yunho was becoming impatient. He understands how she’s feeling but if this thing goes on much longer, he’s afraid Yuri would slip from his grasp again. He won’t let it so he decided to talk to her. They celebrated Ara’s birthday last week but although she was wearing a smile all throughout the whole celebration, he knows that she was still weary.

“Yul.” he called softly. They were about to have their usual breakfast but even though she might look attentive to his and Ara’s needs, he knows that her mind is muddled with thoughts of Minho to be exact. Sometimes this causes him anger and jealousy but whenever he feels like his emotions can no longer be bottled up, he steals a few kisses and romantic moments with her just to replace his negative thoughts.

“Yes?” Yuri looked up to him after getting Ara ready to eat. She adjusted her daughter inside her baby chair before she focused on Yunho.

“Any progress with Minho?” he asked. He always makes sure to use a business-like tone to Yuri whenever they tak about him.

She shook her head sadly. “I’ve been contacting him but still, he won’t answer me.” She took a seat on top of the chair beside Ara’s high chair before she continued.

“I found out that he’s been going to clubs every night. He was even detained for a day at jail for drunk driving.”

Yunho eyed her intently. She looked tired and weary. He knows that she’s been giving ‘Minho matters’ a lot of attention lately but she never failed to attend to her family’s needs as well. His anger towards the guy just tripled.

“Yul baby. I think you have to stop this. Look at you! You’ve been going in and out of the house just to talk to him but did he ever talk to you? Did he even acknowledge your efforts? If he’s not willing to settle everything between the two of you then be it! Just wait until he realizes that he’s throwing his life just because you don’t like him.” he stated irritatingly.

Yuri stared at him in disbelief. Sure he understands him where he’s coming from but his last sentence struck her.

“So what do you want me to do? Sit back and watch while he makes his life miserable because of me? I don’t think so.” she slightly raised her voice.

Seeing the sour expression from Yunho, she decided to change her stern expression. She should be happy that Yunho allowed her to see Minho even though it was crushing him in the inside. This man sacrificed a lot for her and there she was, hurting him even though she’s aware of it. She just wished that he’ll be more patient.

“Yuri. All this time I had been nothing but supportive of your decision but this has got to stop! I’m tired of this!” he declared making her shiver with his harsh tone.

She immediately stood up to his side of the table and kneeled in front of him while holding his hands. Yunho didn’t fudge instead he sat there glaring at her. It was painful or him treating her that way but he feels this is the only he’ll have her completely. Unconsciously, he was making her choose.

“Baby, please give me more time.” She tightened his hold when she felt he wasn’t holding her back.

“Time?” he harshly stood up while tugging his arm away from her. She closed his eyes and tried to suppress her sobs with her hands.

“I’ve given you enough time Yuri! You’re being ing unreasonable!” he snapped at her and left the house not without a loud thud.

Yuri was left kneeling at the cold floor sobbing hard. She is deep pain. If only Yunho knows how much she is hurting he wouldn't ha’ve said those to her. Was she being unreasonable?

She has a wonderful life with Yunho and Ara but the thought that someone was being miserable out there because of her won’t make her completely happy.

She stood up without wiping her tears away and looked at Ara who seemed to be clueless about what’s happening around her, her innocent eyes boring through Yuri’s soul.

“It’s now or never.” She mumbled.

She took her phone and dialed Yoona’s number.

“Yoboseoyo Yul?” Yoona answered.

“Yoong, can you look after Ara? I have a really important thing to do.”

“Okay. I’ll be there in a while. Are you okay? You sound shaky.”

“I’m not okay, but I will be. We will be okay.” She said before she hung up.

 

 

Minho had just woken up from his sleep. He was supposed to be waking up early because it was a working day but with a heavy hang over, aching body, and puffy eyes, he won’t be able to make it to work. He decided that he’ll stay at home all day and seclude himself. He doesn’t care if his father rants another round of lecture at him. What’s new anyways?

These past few weeks had been his most tormenting weeks. No one wanted to be with him. Even his friends got fed up with him. He has no one to be exact. He’s alone more than ever. Is this the life that he’ll be living because of his unreciprocated love to Yuri? His life is wasted.

“Argh!” he groaned groggily as he made his way to get something for breakfast. Much to his annoyance, the fridge was empty-as in literally empty.

“ my life!” he shouted in anger. Nothing seems to be on his side. His company is not the verge of bankruptcy. His friends,all of them, left him. His father despises him. He doesn’t even know when was the last time he actually ate something. He’s in a complete mess and all of this is because of Yuri.

Now where was she? Of course with her husband and daughter, happily being an epitome of a happy family while he was in a miserable state. The thought angers him. This was the first time he actually fallen in love with someone but instead of butterflies in the stomach, blushing cheeks, and kisses, what did he get? He got a life full of and he blames these on her.

She had been calling him every day but he never answered her calls. He felt being pitied and it’s not her pity that he wants from her and they both know that. He knows Yuri’s good nature and she’s probably feeling guilty. Good for her. He’ll make her feel guilty if that’s the only way to hurt her. He’ll make sure that he’s not the only one miserable in this triangle.

His thoughts were interrupted by a subtle knock on the door. He looked at the door.

‘Is it dad?’ he thought. Maybe he’s going to be reprimanded for the umpteenth time. The hell he cares. He decided to not answer the door and proceed to continue his sleep.

“Minho, please open the door.” It was her voice. Hearing her voice somehow enlightened feelings which weren’t foreign to him. Another reason why he wouldn’t want to answer her calls.

It wasn’t the first time she went to see him and every time she did he would just stay silent and act as if there wasn’t anyone home until she walks away on her own and once again all his wounds were re opened. How can he heal when she keeps on bugging him?

“Minho I know you’re in there. I’m begging you please talk to me.” She pleaded and even without seeing her he’s sure she was crying. ‘Go Away!’ he thought angrily. He just stood there looking angrily at the door. The feeling that she was just a door away from him made his heart flutter in a way that his angered mind despises. He wished he can tame his heart but he knows that’s merely impossible.


“I’m not going anywhere unless you talk to me!” she kept yelling while banging the poor door but he didn’t fudge. ‘Stay there all you want but I’m not talking to you!’ he said mentally.

“Minho.” She called desperately but still he steeled his heart.

A few banging more he could no longer hear her.

“She’s gone.” He thought sadly. Is this what he really wants?

He paced back to his bedroom to sleep but unconsciously, without him even noticing, his cheeks were already wet with tears. He closed his eyes not bothering to dry his tears. Sleep. That’s what he thought he needs.

It was already dark when he woke up. His stomach was grumbling because of hunger. His mouth was dry and his face was probably turning pale. He stood up and took his phone. 14 missed calls. Four of which was from his father and the rest were from Yuri. He smirked. ‘How does it feel?’ he thought.

He decided to eat outside and eventually go straight to a bar to have his daily dose of alcohol. He took his jacket and car keys before going out of his apartment.

Much to his surprise, never saw it coming, he saw her sitting on the cold floor on the hallway near his apartment door. Her back was against the wall and his feet were spread on the floor beside two plastic bags which he guessed were food. She was sleeping soundly and looking deeply on her beautiful face he caught a glimpse of one of the most adorable sleeping habits he had ever seen. Her tongue was slightly sticking out. He chuckled at the rare sight before he realized that this was actually the first time he laughed after the incident in his office with Yuri.

He remembered that he was supposed to be angry with this selfish woman so with just a split of a second his face turned serious again.

“What is she doing sleeping here?” he mumbled annoyingly. He wants to ignore her but it was already night time and here she was sleeping on the cold floor. He doesn’t have the heart to leave her at this state.

He sighed. All these time she was still his weakness, bringing out the good in him.

“Wake up.” He slightly kicked her legs and retracting his feet immediately. She stirred but didn’t wake up at once. She was in a deep sleep.

“WAKE UP!” he shouted angrily. He was angry with the fact that she was sleeping at the hallway. What if some guy see her and take her without her realizing?

His sudden outburst made her jump awake.

“Oh my god.” She mumbled panicky.

When she realized that she was sleeping on the cold floor she immediately stood up but she didn’t know that she was face to face with the man she wanted to talk to.

When she looked up she almost shouted in shock. She was now standing face to face with Minho. This is her chance to finally talk to him and settle things with him. She won’t leave without clarifying things with him. She wants to bring the old Minho back and if the heavens are on her favor, maybe she can be friends with him and even with Yunho. That would definitely be great.

“Minho.” She called softy but he was looking at her like she was a despising being. She gulped several times to be able to calm herself. She has so many things to say but now that he was in front of him, she can’t find any comforting words to say.

“What do you want?” he asked angrily.

“I-I.” she stuttered. Who wouldn’t especially when Minho was giving her an intimidating look.

“If you have nothing else to say, you can go. You’re pissing me off.” He hissed before gesturing to walk off but he was suddenly grabbed by his arm. The sudden contact made him jolt in a good way but he didn’t show it. He can’t show it.

“Have dinner with me.” She pleadingly declared. She retracted her hands when she saw his annoyed face but she managed to give him a warm smile in the hope of making him agree.

“I don’t want to see your face. Go home!”

“Minho please. Just have this dinner with me.” She pleaded. He looked at her eyes. He can see the hope in there. He needs to go away before he succumbs into her pleas.

“Go away!” he shouted more angrily this time. He doesn’t care if he was hurting her because all he cares is to be away with this woman.

“I promised you that I’ll have dinner with you right? Please let me fulfill my promise.”

“Please.” She was on the verge of crying. This is her only chance and she won’t let it slip away.

He looked at her intently and he could see the prickle of tears threatening to flow. A realization hit him suddenly. She was hurting just as much. How he concluded that he was the only one hurting but seeing the sadness in her eyes, he knows he was torturing her. He was torturing the woman he loves and here she was pleading him to have dinner with him. It wasn’t her that was being selfish rather it was him. His love is selfish and instead of bringing her happiness forward, he chose to torture her.

How fool of him to think that she was living happily with Yunho while he was grieving but in truth, she was just as miserable as him. To think that she didn’t do anything wrong and here he was making her feel like she was the most despising human being. It wasn’t her fault at all. It was his fault for loving someone who’s already in love with someone else. The sudden realization crushed him.

A lot of tears had already been shred, relationship broken, and hearts shattered. Maybe it was about time to let go. He thought.

He sighed. “Okay. Let’s go.” He said before walking back to his apartment leaving the door open for her to enter.

She was stunned when he agreed to have dinner with her. She was beyond happy that he’s finally opening up. She immediately took the plastic bags containing the food but didn’t enter his apartment at once. She just stood there grinning at herself. ‘Everything is falling back in to place.’ She thought.

If things between her and Minho would be settled she can now go back to having a happy and contented life with Yunho and Ara without having a heavy heart. She’ll mend her wounded friendship with Minho and she wished Yunho and Minho could eventually become friends.

“Are you just going to stand there?” his shout woke her up from her thoughts.

“Oh! I’m coming.” She replied happily. At least Minho was slowly opening up to her.

She was so happy that she forgot that Minho wasn’t the only lonely man in her life that day. She missed the fact that she and Yunho also have something to settle.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello guys!! *wave*
Ugh! it feels so good to update. I'm so sorry it took so long. I hope this chapter is okay with you.
tell me your thoughts on the comment box. :)))))