CHAPTER 10

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 10
 
“Yur-i I mi-ssed yo-u al-ready.” Yunho was stuttering at his own words.
 
The feeling of Yuri in his arms right at this moment washed every pain he has experienced early today. He tugged her closer after sensing that she wasn’t making any inclination to break the hug. Slowly, she was bringing him back to his sanity without her knowing.
 
Yuri missed this hug. She had owned this hug from the moment she agreed to be his and the thought of sharing this hug to another woman apart from her and Ara puts her into a jealous fit but she didn’t show a slight sign of disapproval as he pulled her closer.
 
She kept silent even tilting her head to rest her chin on his broad shoulders giving him wider access to her. She had missed him. Finally she was able to stop fighting with her feelings and admitted it.
 
Her heart wants to savor the hug but her mind tells her that she needs to pull away and right now her mind won. She was able to pull away from his hug leaving both of them startled. 
 
“Don’t come anywhere near me!” Yuri shouted at him after pulling away from him. She didn’t realize that she was already shedding tears until he came closer to wipe them. Not bothering to comply with her previous words. 
 
“Yuri, I swear to God. I didn’t do anything.”, Yunho cupped her face. His voice was full of sincerity and pleads. Before he could make another move to her, Yuri shoved away his hands and walked at the other side of the room to escape from his further touch. 
 
“How can you explain that red lipstick on your collar huh!?” she saw how her question tensed him. 
 
“I didn’t want her to do it. Yes, she was able to kiss the collar of my shirt but there’s nothing more! I swear!” His voice was hoarse obviously he wanted her to take his explanation. 
 
“And you think I’m going to believe on that !” she can’t exactly pinpoint how on earth he came up with that excuse but she’ll never buy it. There’s no way he can get away with that.
 
“Yuri, what am I going to do to make you believe me?” his usual dominating voice that brought fear to those who may hear it has now vanished. Although he may appear cold to other people even towards his own father, Yunho was a totally different being with Yuri. He usually projects a strong image around people other than Yuri and his best buddies Junsu and Jaejoong because he believes it gives him so much authority and it fascinates him how he could intimidate people at the mere sight of him. 
Yuri couldn’t let out an answer.
 
What does he really need to do to prove her wrong? Or were his actions that big of a crime that she can’t possibly accept any explanation from it. Her mind was full of questions but mostly for her own. She needed to know the truth and she can’t possibly extract them from Yunho. She needed time. Time to figure things out on her own but with Yunho standing in front of her; she can’t possibly do that. Too many thoughts. Too much pain. It was unbearable as if the life out of her.
She sighed in defeat as she continues to evaluate herself. She let her bottom fall hard on the hard floor and curled up her knees close to her chest as more tears sprawled on her face. 
 
Yunho watched as she enveloped herself on her own embrace and he could feel a huge urge to comfort her but he knew enough that she’ll only push him away so he figured she may want time to reflect on her own. Fighting Yuri surely drained all the energy that’s left of him but it doesn’t matter for he could see a hint of improvement in their situation. She was assessing herself and that's all that matters for him.
 
“You need time. Yuri.” She looked up at him puzzled with his words. He bent down closer to her and tilted her chin up. 
 
“I’m giving you time to think this trough. Forcing you has always been my habit since the day you agreed to be mine.” His words were cutting through her bit by bit. 
 
Although they started like Yunho forced her into this relationship, she never felt she was dragged into this. She always wanted to be with him and she never felt being forced to be with him. 
 
She looked at him straight into those gloomy eyes. His hazelnut brown eyes mirrored every bit of thoughts and feelings that was rolling within him and sadly there’s nothing positive about them. 
 
“Yunho please don’t say that.” A pang of guilt rushed over her after hearing him utter those making her want him to take back what all he had said. He stared at her and forced a smile. 
 
“I’m gonna let you go for now Yuri but please think this through.” It required him a lot of ungodly efforts to be able to let out those words.
 
‘Is he giving up on me? On us?’ she thought to herself. She wanted to get away from him but HE, staying away from her is just unbearable it makes her want to think if she really wanted him out of her life in the first place. “Yu-nh-o…I--..” her tongue stumbles to find appropriate words but with her pride taking over, she can’t possible find the words.
 
“Shh--.” He cut her after noticing she’s out of words. 
 
“I’ll give you some freedom Yuri but it doesn’t mean I’m guilty of cheating on you. I never cheated on you. That’s the truth. I’ll let you go BUT, I won’t give up on you. I’ll get you back when you’re ready.” 
 
“You’re going to let me go?” she said between her sobs. “For the mean time Yuri.” he corrected her. 
He never wanted to let go of her but forcing her to come back to him won’t do either. She stayed silent digesting his words. Is this the end of them? He cheated on her and now he’s the one giving up on them. 
 
Yunho looked into her puffy eyes. He’s tired seeing her cry and it hasn’t been 24 hours since they ‘unofficially separated’ and yet they had shed so many tears already. He wanted her to protest but her silence gave him the conclusion that she wasn’t opposed to the set up making him regret that he suggested it in the first place.
 
“Can I ask you a favor?” she gave him a questioned look as if asking him to go on.
 
“Please don’t fall for someone else.” 
 
This is what’s making him regret his words. The thought of her falling for another man at their time of healing made him feel emotions he didn’t even know that existed. 
 
She turned her face away from him and said, “I can’t promise you that. Besides, you cheated first.” He clenched his fist in anger but he managed to calm himself. 
 
“We’ll I think I should have to make sure you won’t fall for anyone besides ME.” he sounded as if he was challenging her but found out that he’s challenging his own. 
 
He cupped her face to look at him.
 
“One more favor.” 
 
Before she could protest, she felt has been invaded but she didn’t mind the invasion. He kissed her passionately but full of gentleness as if she was made of thin glass that could shatter any moment. She opened to give his tongue a full access on . 
 
They have shared a lot ---I mean A LOT--- of kisses but this was one of the saddest kiss they have shared. They were drifting away with each other and this may potentially be their last. 
 
She washed away the thought and let her arms circle the back of his nape. As soon as he felt her hands up his nape moving up to his hair, he withdrew his lips leaving her wanting more. 
 
He knows what’s gonna happen next if he let himself drown in her kisses and she’ll probably hate him for that. 
She hated him now but a bigger part of her knows the she is still deeply in love with him but she’s not yet ready to make out with him. Not right now that she thinks that he just cheated on her.
 
“Please think this through.” That wasn’t a plea but it was more of an order. He lifted his lips to kiss the bare skin of her forehead and headed for the door leaving her sobbing, still glued on the hard floor.
 
‘He’s leaving me.’ It was a pity that Yuri can’t see the tears forming in his eyes while he reached for the door. He on the other hand was hoping that she’ll stop him from leaving but as soon as he stepped out of the house, he knows there’s really no hope to that.
 
 
As soon as he disappeared in front of her, Yuri let out more cries. Her cries were more audible and more painful. She stayed in that position until another sound from the door was heard. Her heartbeat went from fast to faster hoping that it was Yunho who might’ve come back. She fixed her gaze on the door but was a bit disappointed that it was Yoona who opened the door and wrapped around her arms was her adorable little Ara. 
 
“Hey.” Yoona looked at her as if asking permission to enter and Yuri nodded at her. Yoona’s presence in Yunho’s house was a bliss for Yuri since she was always there to help her around the house and eventually they became super close friends. Yuri don’t make acquaintances that much but with Yoona, she easily warmed up.
 
She is one of those really few people that she can confide problems with and Yoona was very eager to listen to them every bit.
Yoona went straight to the bed so that she can lay Ara down and went to attend to Yuri who’s still sitting on the cold floor. 
 
“I think you should stand up now Yul.” She extended her arms to help her on her feet. Yuri grabbed her and gave her a forced smile.
 
“Thanks Yoong.” Yoona returned her smile with a warmer one. They reached for the dining table and each of them pulled a chair.
 
Yoona waited for Yuri to open up on her own. She has so many questions right now but she realized not to push Yuri with more details that could hurt her even more. She has never seen her friend at this state since the day they met at Yunho’s condo. She was always so cheerful and bubbly so different from the Yuri sitting in front of her right now. She stayed silent as Yuri tried to dry her tears. 
 
“I don’t know what to do right now Yoong.” Yuri finally was able to break the silence. She face palmed as she tried to contain her tears. Yoona reached for her friend’s hand. 
 
“I don’t really know what happened to you and Yunho Oppa but I know you can get through this.” She gave her a reassuring smile but Yuri was just too sad that she can’t even force one.
 
“He cheated on me and now he’s the one giving up on us.” She held Yoona’s hand tighter.
 
“Yul, I know Oppa loves you so much and he cheating is just too impossible for me to believe.” Yuri gave her a deep sigh. 
 
“I’m not saying this because he is my cousin but I’m thinking maybe this is just a huge misunderstanding.” She could see how Yuri is trying so hard to contain her tears so she patted her friends back for comfort.
 
“I don’t know what to believe now Yoong. It’s just so hard.” 
 
“I know. Maybe sometime apart would help both of you.” After hearing those words from her friend, Yuri couldn’t help but to release another set of tears.
 
“I know Oppa won’t give up on you easily Yul. You can get through this. You’re a strong woman. One of the strongest I have ever known.” Somehow Yuri found comfort in Yoona’s presence. A friend is what she really needed at this point in time.
 
“What are your plans right now?” Yuri looked back to find Ara playing with her pacifier on top of her bed.
 
“I have to be strong for Ara. She needs me.” She said still fixing her gaze at her daughter.
 
“You know I’m always here for you Yul if you needed help.” Yoona tried to reassure her.
 
Yuri was silent for a moment. She needs to go on with her life without Yunho and the first thing she thought is she needs to keep living for Ara. She turns her head back to look at Yoona.
 
“A job. I need to find a job Yoong.” Yoona was surprised at what Yuri said but knowing her friend, this is her way to cope up with their situation.
 
“But Yunho won’t allow you that Yul. You know he hates it when you’re working.” Yoona knows her cousin too well and he won’t definitely agree on this.
 
“Things are different now Yoong. I need to go on with my life for me and Ara. I can’t just stay here locking myself up.” Yoona sighed in defeat. It won’t help persuading Yuri to think again since Yuri can be a bit stubborn at times.
 
“Where do you plan to work?” Yoona asked hoping that the other would withdrew the idea.
 
“I’ll find one. I’m sure of that.” Then she turned her gaze to little Ara again and managed to form a small smile. ‘We can do this.’ Yuri said in her thoughts.
 
 
After their chat, Yoona excused herself out since it’s already getting late and she needs to check on her cousin who’s probably locking himself inside his room. She offered Yuri to call her anytime she needs someone to look after Ara when she starts finding a job where Yuri gladly accepted. 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Is this crappy??
please do comment... :D