CHAPTER 15

TAINTED

 

 
CHAPTER 15
 
 
“We’re here.” Minho exclaimed as they parked outside a huge hotel. Yuri wasn’t paying too much attention and was deep in her thoughts. 
 
“Continental Hotel. Hmmm..I think this hotel sounds familiar.”she mumbled to herself. She knows she has heard of this hotel somewhere but just forgot when and where.
 
“Hey Yuri-ah.” Minho snapped her back to gain consciousness.
 
“Oh. I’m sorry what were you saying?” Yuri asked. Minho just smiled at her before going out of his car and quickly opened the door for her. She smiled at Minho’s gentleman behavior and went out of the car.
 
They entered the huge and beautiful lobby of the hotel now filled of people wearing elegant dresses and suits. The room is filled with soft music and the constant chattering from colleagues. Minho looked at Yuri who was looking nervous because of the stares and smiles she was getting from the people who happen to pass by.
 
He held her hand and whispered to her ears “don’t be nervous, I’m here.”  He gave her a reassuring smile in which she replied with a slight nod while clutching his expensive suit. They proceeded to a table nearby and occupied two of its seats. 
 
“Minho-ah You came! Long time no see!” someone shouted causing the two of them to look back.
 
“Oh Jonghyun hyung! Nice to see you.”  Minho stood up and hugged Jonghyun, his longtime friend. While they were engrossed at their hugging, Jonghyun caught a glimpse of the girl at the corner of his eyes sitting beside Minho and looked closely at her.
 
Yuri stood up after meeting his gaze and bowed at him.
 
“What do we have here?” Jonghyun said in a flirty tone looking at Yuri. Minho saw how Jonghyun was seductively looking at Yuri so he nudged the older guy.
 
“Yah! What are you doing hyung? You’re scaring her!” Minho exclaimed and moved closer to Yuri. Yuri on the other hand was starting to feel more uncomfortable.
 
“Easy man. I just want to greet your date.” He reasoned and started to move closer to Yuri.
 
“Hi beautiful, the name is Jonghyun.” He greeted still using his flirty tone and bowed at her.
 
“Hi. I’m Yuri.” she replied sounding polite. 
 
“Do you know that you are the most beautiful girl inside this room Yuri-ssi.” He said and wrapped it up with a wink. Yuri blushed at his comment and turned her head down so she could hide her face. 
 
“Stop it hyung. She’s with me.” Minho said irritably.
 
“Sorry Minho-ah. I’m just complementing this beautiful lady in front of me.” He said still not removing his gaze on Yuri.
 
“Can I have seat here with you Minho-ah?” Jonghyun asked but didn’t wait for Minho to reply and grabbed a seat next to Yuri. She gave Minho a worried look that he replied with a reassuring smile before they both returned to their seats.
 
Almost an hour passed and Yuri was starting to enjoy the party. She met a few of Minho’s friends already and they were all young businessmen. She found out that Minho, together with Jonghyun, Key, Taemin and Onew, all studied in the same university. She finds them funny although they were obviously trying to flirt with her but Minho has been protecting her from his flirty friends. 
 
They were drawn on their conversation but stopped when a girl appeared in front of the stage holding the microphone. Everyone in the room stopped whatever they were doing and averted there attention to the girl in front.
 
“Good Evening everyone. Thank you all for coming to this Dinner party. I hope every one of you is having a good time. The host of the party wants to personally give his pleasantries. So please give a round of applause to the CEO of Jung Enterprises, Mr. Jung Yunho. ” 
 
Everyone started welcoming the host and probably the most important person of the party except for one.
 
Yuri’s eyes widened upon hearing Yunho’s name. She fixed her gaze at the stage and slowly, a familiar man showed up in front. 
 
“Yunho.” she mumbled still fixing her gaze at the man who was now giving his pleasantries. Her heart was beating so fast and slowly she was loosening her grip of the glass of wine she was holding until finally it slipped in her hands.
 
The sound of a broken glass echoed through the whole room and everybody shifted their gaze at her, including the person she wished she wouldn’t meet here, Yunho.
 
He looked at Yuri with his surprised expression but after seeing her ‘company’ his face turned sour and angry he could eat the man alive. 
 
“Yuri, are you okay?” Minho asked her worriedly but her gaze was still fixed on the figure in front of her whose now looking at her with the same stunned expression.
 
“I need to go to the restroom.” She excused herself from all the curious looks but Yunho didn’t remove his gaze at her. Minho looked worried but at the same time curious about Yuri’s sudden actions. Then he remembered something.
 
The man standing in front of them was the same man standing in front of Yuri’s doorsteps almost a week ago. “Pabo Minho!” he almost cursed and went to find Yuri.
 
 
 
“Aish! Why did I forget that Yunho’s the owner of this hotel?” Yuri mumbled as she was pacing back and forth inside the empty restroom, biting her fingernails. She looked in front of the mirror and made deep sigh. She recalled the scenes lately and she knows Minho will ask her about her sudden change of mood. 
 
“Yuri-ah you’re in deep trouble.” she sighed even more and decided to face Minho and tell her she needs to go home so that she can stay away from Yunho. Yes that’s what she needs to do.
 
She just came out from the restroom when a pair of strong hands grabbed her waist and turned her around. Her eyes widened in horror when she realized that the owner of those hands were no other than Yunho. 
 
“What are you doing?” she exclaimed as she struggled to free herself from him.
 
He didn’t reply hence he grabbed her wrist and led her to one of the unused rooms of the hotel—his hotel.
 
When they reached the room, Yunho took his hands away from her wrist and faced her. He looked at her from head to foot and for a moment he realized how beautiful she was that evening. Yuri saw how he was staring at her and a light blush was growing on her cheeks.
 
“So Choi Empire huh.” he finally said sounding bitter plastered a smirk in his face. She didn’t reply but gave him a cold stare.
 
“You never did this when we were together.” There was agony and jealousy in his voice when he said that. She looked at him with a puzzled look. 
 
“You’ve replaced me quite fast. I didn’t know you despised me that much.” He said with a hoarse voice trying hard not to cry in front of her. That’s when Yuri realized what he was pointing out.
 
'Oh my God he thinks me and Minho are together.' she thought in panic.
 
“It’s not what it looks like Yunho. I’m just Minho’s secretary, there’s nothing going on between us.” She quickly explained.
 
They may no longer be a couple but somehow Yuri felt the urge to explain to him. He looked at her questioningly but after a while he took her explanation. He moved closer but she was fast to realize his actions so she moved away to the other side. 
 
“I need to go. Minho is probably looking for me by now.” She forced to speak knowing that she might hurt him with her words.
 
Yunho’s face is burning with anger when he heard Minho’s name. She knew she had angered him when she saw his clenched fist so she decided to leave before he rages more. She was about to turn her back to him but he quickly grabbed and landed his lips on hers. 
 
His kisses have always been gentle but right now, there wasn’t any hint of gentleness in his kiss. He was more than rough and
Yuri could feel that this is because of jealousy. She regained her strength and managed to push him. 
 
"What are you doing?" she said angrily. 
 
He looked at her with a startled look but manages to replace it with a smirk.
 
“So my kisses are no longer enough for you!” He growled at her. Yuri felt betrayed, how can he ever think like that about her. She felt like he was accusing her of cheating while he was the one who did it in the first place. Her temper was boiling with anger.
 
Her first instinct was to go out of the room and leave but her pride told her that she needs to give this jerk a piece of his own medicine for accusing her.
 
“Fine! Yes! Minho’s kisses are better! I’m actually gonna sleep at his place after this and have with him! That’s what you want to hear right!?” Yuri couldn’t believe what she just said and soon regretted having said so. 
 
Yunho was standing there emotionless. So many emotions are running through him. He couldn’t believe what she just said to him. Slowly his visions are being clouded by his tears. He wanted to vanish right in front of her. He wanted to hurt the cause of his sadness but he doesn’t know who to hurt. He looked at her with disgust before he left Yuri who was now frozen on her heels.
 
She saw the look in Yunho’s face before he left the room. Tears were slowly forming in her eyes when she remembered how he looked at her. 
 
He’s disgusted of her. That was written all over his face. She was a disgusting woman. She can no longer hold her tears so she just let them fall. She sat on the edge of the bed and began sobbing. 
 
‘Great! You just ruined everything Yuri!’ she thought between her sobs.
 
 
 
Minho searched the whole place for Yuri but she was nowhere in sight. He suddenly saw a familiar man walking out from a room.
 
“Jung Yunho.” he mumbled while he examined his face. His face was full of rage and anger and… TEARS. He saw tears coming out from Yunho’s eyes. He hid himself in a corner and waited for the man to disappear. 
 
He walked closer to the door of the room but even though he was still a few more steps away from the door, he could hear sobs.
 
‘Yuri!’ he thought and rushed to the room. 
 
There he found Yuri crying at the edge of the bed. His first instinct was to know the culprit behind her tears but he realized he wasn’t in the right position to do so.
 
“Yuri.” He called her. Yuri looked up at Minho and ran towards him. Minho was surprised when he felt her hands wrapped around his waist.
 
“M-in-h-o.” she said in between her sobs.
 
“Shh. Yuri-ah what happened?” He asked worriedly. 
 
She didn’t reply but continued with her cries. Minho felt that she wasn’t ready to talk about it so he didn’t push his question further so he just let her cry. They stayed at that position for quite a while till her sobs were becoming less audible.
 
“Let’s go home Yuri-ah.” He said while slowly leading her out of the room. 
 
Once they reached his car Minho opened the door for her. He couldn’t help but feel sorry for her. He regretted bringing her to this party. He doesn’t know who Jung Yunho is in Yuri’s life but he is definitely sure he is the cause of her tears. 
 
They drove the streets of Seoul quietly with Yuri is sadly gazing out through the window. Minho would peek at her every now and then but he didn’t attempt to start any conversation at this state. 
 
The silence was broken by a sound form Yuri’s phone. She weakly fished her phone out of her purse and without looking, she answered the call.
 
 
“Hello.” She said weakly.
 
“YURI-AH! Where are you?” she was startled when she heard the shout from the other line. 
 
“Who’s this?” she asked annoyingly.
 
“It’s Jaejoong. You need to come here now!” his voice was full of worry.
 
“Why? What’s happening?” she suddenly felt nervous.
 
“It’s Yunho. I’ll explain later but you have to come here now. FAST!” she froze when she heard his name.
 
“What happened to him?” her voice is becoming hoarse because of worry.
 
“Just come here now faster!” Jaejoong ordered.
 
“Okay where are you?” 
 
“Pave Club. You know the way here right?” Jaejoong was sounding more and more worried.
 
“Okay stay there I’m on my way.” Then she hung up.
 
 
 
Minho was listening to the whole conversation and he could see how worried Yuri became when she heard his name. It angers him that she still cares about him even though he made her cry just moments ago.
 
“Minho, can you take me to Pave Club right now? I’m really sorry but there’s an emergency.” Yuri pleaded and he can detect worry in her voice. 
 
“Okay. I know the place.” It was against his will but he wasn’t in the right position to stop her. Minho could see the worry in her face and it hurts him to see that she’s worrying so much for that guy.
 
 
A few moments later they have arrived at Pave Club. Yuri hurriedly opened the door but she stopped to look at Minho who was about to follow her. 
 
“You can go home first Minho. You’ve done enough. Thank you so much. I’ll definitely make it up to you.” she hugged him before she went out of the car and ran inside without looking at him back.
 
For Yuri, the hug was a simple gesture of thanking him for all his help but to him, it meant a thousand lots more. That was their closest contact so far and it disappoints him that her warmth has to go away abruptly. If given the chance, he would trade anything just to envelope her in his arms a little more.
 
Minho tightened his grip on the steering wheel while he was looking at her back figure. 
 
‘What’s your relationship with Jung Yunho? I’m not going to give you to him Yuri-ah. Seeing how you cried lately because of this man is enough evidence that he doesn’t deserve you. I won’t do that to you Yuri-ah.’ he thought to himself.  He let out a huge sigh before finally leaving. 
 
 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
please tell me if the story .. I'll appreciate it if you do give your thoughts.. 
:D