CHAPTER 12

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 12
 
 
“You! You’re the guy from a while ago. Are you following me?” she asked after grabbing his hand to stand up. She was rolling her eyes at him making the other more nervous.
 
“Aniyo! It was an accident I’m sorry I wasn’t looking at where I’m going.” He shook his head and bowed at her for apology.
 
“Pfft! Just be careful next time.” She wasn’t very convinced but decided to just walk out to finish her chores but suddenly he grabbed her hand. She looked at her hand then shifted her gaze at him before she gave him a cold stare.
 
He immediately took off his hands and was turning red all over.
 
“What?” she asked coldly.
 
“I-I just want to know your name.” he smiled at her but was responded with a cold stare so he decided to drop the smile.
 
'Accident my .' she thought.
 
“Sorry. I don’t talk to strangers.” she was turning away from him but he was fast and blocked her way.
 
“I’m Minho. Choi Minho.” she rolled her eyes signaling that she wasn’t interested in making friends but he was just so persistent.
 
“Yuri. Now can you please get out of the way?” a smile formed on his face once she gave him her name and then he made way for her to pass. He looked at her back figure while she was walking towards the elevator and finally disappeared in his sight.
 
‘Yuri. A beautiful name for a beautiful girl like her.’ He thought and proceeded to his room. 
 
 
 
 
“Oppa where are you?” Yoona had just arrived in her cousin’s condo to check on him. There were no response but he saw him standing on the glass window with a glass of beer on his left hand.
 
He was admiring the panoramic view from this side of his house. The street lights, the moving cars, the people and somewhere not far from where he is standing are his daughter and Yuri. He heard his cousin calling for him but he didn’t bother to answer. He knows she’ll find him anyway.
 
“Oppa.” There was concern in her voice. She moved closer to him and grabbed the glass filling his hands. He looked at her and gave her a small smile and returned his gaze to the view in front of him. He appreciated his cousin’s concern for him too much. 
 
She came back and joined him in admiring the view. They kept silent for a moment then he decided to break the awkwardness.
 
“Thanks.” She looked at him but he’s gaze was still fixed on the view in front of him. A small smile formed on her face. It was rare for her cousin to thank anyone, even his family.
 
“Oppa, why did you gave up on her?” she said not looking at him. 
 
“I let her go but it doesn’t mean I’m giving up on her.” She looked at him with a questioned look. 
 
“What do you mean?” He smirked and gazed at his cousin. 
 
“I have my ways Yoong. I can’t just let my family go but Yuri needs time and that’s what I’m giving her.” she still can’t seem to understand him but decided not to ask further. 
 
“One thing is for sure Yoong. I’m gonna get her trust back. I never cheated on her and I’d rather show her my sincerity than explaining it to her.” his voice was firm the smile on his face disappeared and was replaced with a serious look. 
 
“Yuri won’t take your explanation Oppa so showing her your sincerity is the best thing that you should do”.Yoona patted his back making him look at her. She gave him a warm smile and paced out of the room.
 
He looked around the empty room. The room is now dark with only the lamp giving off light. Somehow the room mirrors his current state with only his love for Yuri and Ara giving him some light. It was unbearable but he needs to be strong to win his family back. 
 
He reached for the bed and laid his head on top of one arm. 
 
'Goodnight Yul. I love you so much.' he spoke in his thoughts.
 
Looking at the ceiling another tear suddenly came unwelcome. The tear was his last vision before he drifted off to sleep.
 
 
 
The next morning Yuri was awaken by a weeping Ara beside her. She strangled up to attend to her baby. She carried her in one arm and tried to hush her. 
 
“Shhh. Ara, are you hungry baby?” she asked while her back. She went to the kitchen and made milk for Ara. After shaking the bottle she gave it to Ara which she gladly gulped.
 
“Oww. You hungry eh?” she said while feeding Ara. She placed her on top of her bed and held the bottle for her. Suddenly her phone rang. She peeked at the caller and decided to pick up since it was Yoona.
 
 
“Good mornig Yul.” Yoona greeted her.
 
“Good morning Yoong.” Yuri replied.
 
“Is everything okay Yul? Do you need some help there?” Yuri was touched at how her friend concerns for her.
 
“Uhm. Well I was thinking of going out to find a job so I need someone to look out for Ara.” 
 
“I’ll take care of my niece.” Yoona gladly replied. 
 
“Are you sure Yoong?” Yuri knows that Yoona is someone she can depend on but burdening her made her feel uncomfortable.
 
“Of course, in fact I always do that Yul.” Yuri smiled at her friends offer.
 
“I’ll be there at around 9am I’ll just take a shower. Bye” then she hung up.
 
*end of phone convo*
 
 
Yuri was smiling after her conversation with Yoona. She looked at Ara who was now about to finish her bottle.
 
“Aunt Yoong will take care of you Ara.” She said while tickling her small tummy. Ara giggled at her mother’s playfulness.
 
After finishing the bottle she carried Ara to the bathroom and they both took a warm bath inside the tub. 
Once finished, Yuri changed Ara into warm clothes while she changed into her formal clothes. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw the dark circles surrounding her puffy eyes. She can’t possibly land a job looking like that so she decided to cover it with light make up. She’s not a big fan of make ups so she just applied concealers around both eyes and a pink blush on for her cheeks and lip gloss. 
 
Ara was busy playing with her cellphone so she came near her.
 
“Let’s wait for aunt Yoong.” She gave her a kiss on her forehead but Ara was still busy with her toy so she didn’t notice her mother’s kiss.
 
Moments later she heard a knock on the door. “That must be Yoong.” She positioned Ara on the center of the bed and went to grab the door.
 
To her surprise, the person on the other side of the door wasn’t Yoona. It was delivery boy with a bouquet of roses on one hand a pink teddy bear on the other. 
 
“Can I help you?” she asked in curiosity. 
 
“Ms. Yuri, I have a delivery for you. Please sign here.”
The boy took a piece of paper and pen and gave them to her. She was hesitant but she managed to sign on the paper after seeing that it was really intended for her. He handed them to her and the delivery boy disappeared.
 
She closed the door and looked at the flowers and found a small note inside it. She took the note and placed the teddy bear on top of the dining table. 
      
 
To: My Angels
 
I’m not giving up on you. On us. 
 
I love you.
 
Love: Yunho
 
 
She held the small note tightly and looked at the flowers on her hands. 
 
“Yunho.” she sighed.
 
Yesterday she thought he almost admitted his betrayal and gave up on the idea of getting back with her but to her mistake, he wasn’t giving them up. She has no idea what Yunho is thinking but it touched her that he’s not forcing her to forgive him at once. 
Slowly her vision started to cloud.
 
But before she could let out a drop of tear, another knock was heard on the door. She carefully placed the roses on top of the table with the note and opened the door.
 
“Yul!” Yoona gave her a warm hug which she responded with a warmer one.
 
“Come in. I have something to show you.” Yuri broke the hug and went inside the room. Yoona followed suit.
Yoona went to her niece and kissed her cheek.
 
“How are you baby?” she asked while kissing her chubby cheeks. Ara giggled in reply. She carried her and went to where Yuri was.
 
Yuri was standing at the edge of the table and waited for Yoona. 
 
“So what are you gonna show me?” Yoona asked. Instead of replying she mouth pointed the bouquet on top of the table. Yoona saw the note and read it. After reading the note she looked at Yuri.
 
“He’s courting you Yul.” She smiled at her friend. The thought of his cousin courting is something new for her.
 
“He never courted me.” Yuri shyly said. “And I never knew he knows how to court.” Yoona said still surprised at her cousin’s sudden actions.
 
A small smile formed at Yuri’s face. She was thrilled to know at how far Yunho can go to get them back. 
 
“Well let’s see if he really knows how to court.” Yuri gave her friend a smirk. She looked at her watch and realized it was almost 10am. She can’t find a job if she shows up on interviews late.
 
“Oh Yoong. I need to get going now.” She took her bag and before she stepped out of the house, she pecked Ara’s lips and bid goodbye to Yoona.
 
“Call me if you need anything Yoong. Thank you so much.” She gave Yoona a hug and disappeared in sight.
 
 
 
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
three chapters in one day...
phew!!
 
comment and subscribe!