CHAPTER 25

TAINTED

 

 

 

Chapter 25

 

 

His world instantly crumbled upon hearing her words. His expression dropped into something barely unreadable but it was evident that it was far, too far, from happy. His hands started to shake due to his attempt to control his tears. He thought that their struggles have already been talked through and settled but his heart ached that it was definitely far from over.

Yuri saw the expression in his face and it made her panic. Maybe she had delivered the sentence wrongly and now Yunho didn’t get the message that she was actually trying to convey.

His hold suddenly loosened and he just stared at her wide-eyed.

“No no no! Yunho that’s not what I meant.” she pleaded panicky. She grabbed both of his hands and held them to her. Her choice of words might have been wrong judging from how Yunho took it.

“What I meant is, Minho needs me as a friend.  I mean, he needs someone to be with him as a companion. Do you get where I’m coming from? ” she explained thoroughly hoping that he could now understand what’s on her mind.

Somehow his fright subsided but his mind was still muddled. He was expecting her to get rid of Minho totally. He doesn’t want Minho to be associated with her anymore.

“I don’t understand. Does he not have any friends to keep him company? Why does it have to be you?” he asked her irritatingly. Call him stubborn but he wasn’t going to let her anywhere near him again. Who knows what Minho might do to Yuri while they’re ‘being friends’.

After saying that, he stubbornly went inside the car. She followed suit. He feels the need to talk to her about this in a more private place.

When they were both inside the car, Yunho didn’t turn on the engine at once. He wants her to explain more. He was becoming impatient. He doesn’t want to talk about this matter anymore and he intends to end the argument his way.

Seeing his hardened expression, she knows that he’s not considering the idea at all. She needs to talk to him and explain further. It’s not like she’ll be cheating on him with Minho, she just feels that need to stay friends with Minho and not totally erase him from her life. She still feels that it is her responsibility to make him feel better to compensate with the unreciprocated love he had given her.

“Yunho baby please listen to me first.” she pleaded. She tried to hold his right hand but he harshly shoved it away. He was mad and she totally understands. She’s definitely asking for too much.

“Do you have any idea how you’re hurting me right now Yuri?” Yunho snapped at her. For him, she was totally being unreasonable. He just can’t let this slide.

She closed her eyes when he heard him say that. His voice was intended to be harsh but it came out as if he was in total pain. His lips were quivering and his eyebrows were furrowed. She suddenly felt like giving up the argument and just hug him to assure him of her love but what about Minho? She was being torn between her love for Yunho and her indirect responsibility to Minho.

If only she didn’t appear in Minho’s life, the poor guy wouldn’t be feeling miserable right now. It was all her fault and she was feeling guilty and she can’t live a happy life with Minho knowing that somewhere, a man was being miserable because of his unwise decision of loving someone who can never love him back for her heart was already owned by someone.

A single tear rolled down her cheeks. She felt weak.

“Yunho look at me please.” she pleaded as she carefully cupped his face between her two palms and forced him to look at her. His eyes were gloomy and in any minute, he might just cry like her.

“I love you. You know that right?”

No reply. He was just staring at her brown orbs. She need not to ask. He thought.

“You need to trust me with this one.” She pleaded even more. Still no reply.

“Minho has feelings for me.” His heart flinched at her revelation. Somehow he knows that the guy has an eye for his woman but knowing that he actually dared confess to her makes him want to punch his face.

She caressed his face in an attempt to soften his expression but it was no use. So she continued.

“But we both now that I can’t love him back because I have you.”

Wrong button.

“So now you love him and I’m getting in the way?” he said bitterly. His face contorted in a way that showed his disgust.

“No!” she quickly replied. She released his face and for a moment she felt hurt that he could think of her that way. Didn’t she just say that she loves him? She managed to let her hurt subside and repeatedly try to understand him.

“Yunho, all I’m asking is for you to allow me to see him as a friend and make him realize that it’s impossible between us. I need to clarify things between us. I’ve seen how he changed into a cheerful Minho into a miserable and lonely man and that’s all because of me.” she reasoned.

“He misunderstood our friendship and now it has gotten out of proportion. I can’t just leave him at that state. He’ll feel abandoned and I’m the only one who can explain this to him.”

He tried to digest her explanation all in, carefully trying to extract any reason that he could accept to allow her to go through with this.

“I feel guilty. Because of me he turned into this. I can’t let him waste his life because of me Yunho. I just  can’t.” she finally broke into tears. She palmed her face as she continued to make her river of tears.

Yunho felt weak seeing her cry. Yuri is a very thoughtful person to the point where she could sacrifice herself for other and it was one of the many things she loved about her. She was a superwoman for him. And she was his. He can feel how guilty she was feeling right now.

He tried putting himself into Minho’s shoes. If Yuri won’t love him then it’s going to be the end of him. He’ll rather die than seeing her love somebody else. Slowly he could now understand Minho.

He sighed before he reached for her shaking shoulders. She was crying uncontrollably.

“Please stop crying baby.” he hugged her while making soothing on her back. She was still crying hard but now she was crying in his embrace.

“I understand this is a very hard decision for you. I trust your love for me so….” he trailed of as he carefully broke the hug to see her face. He tried so hard to curve a smile on his face while he lovingly wipes away her tears.

She looked up to meet his gaze using her teary ones. She can see that he was trying hard to be understanding.

“…I’ll allow you Yuri-ah. You can go talk to him and settle everything properly with him.” he forced a smile as he said those to him. She made several blinks before she launched forward again to his embrace.

She hugged her like there was no tomorrow. It was his reward for making such a hard decision.

“Thank you for understanding. I’m so sorry that I have to put you all through these but I promise you when all of this is finally over, there’ll be no man besides you in my life.” She could feel him nodding at the crook of her neck.

“But baby, please do talk to him at once so that I can have you all to myself again.” It was meant to be a joke to liven up to atmosphere but it sounded pretty earnest to be laughed at.

She nodded at him while showing her sincere smile.

“I promise I’ll settle everything at once. Bear with me baby.” With that she leaned closer to capture his lips.

He smiled at the contact of their lips but there was still the feeling of uncertainty inside him. He only hopes that this would be over soon.

“That Minho sure is a nuisance. But he’ll never get you right? You’re all mine right?” He complained playfully. She let out a small laugh.

“Of course.” She his hair lovingly.

“I have been Jung Yunho’s property ever since he stole my first kiss at the locker.” She declared.

He smiled proudly. It was music to his ears. All his doubts suddenly vanished and were replaced with eternal love.

“I love you Yunho.”

“I love you too.”

Then again, they engulfed themselves in a heart stopping kiss.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hello everyone!
happy mother's day to our mothers. they're the best!
another chapter for you guys.
don't forget to comment so that I know how you guys feel. <3

spread the love! <3<3<3<3