CHAPTER 21

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 21

 

Yunho settled himself on Yuri’s couch while the latter stayed inside her room trying to put Ara into a deep sleep. She has to make sure that the little one would not hear anything from outside of the room. The room was awkwardly silent from where Yunho was except for the soft humming from Yuri’s room. The constant tapping of Yunho’s fingers on top of the couch signals that he was becoming impatient. If Yuri was about to grill him then she must do it now since he too also have his two cents regarding the matter. He initially intended to keep his mouth mum and just take in everything Yuri was going to spat on him to avoid further rift but after the incident with Minho, he decided he wasn’t going to let the matter go.

Moments later, the clicking of the door from Yuri’s room was heard signaling that she has already tucked Ara to bed and is now ready to face Yunho.

He was anticipating for a flying vase hitting his head or at least a slipper aiming for his face or worse even Ara’s soiled diaper thrown straight to his face but instead he was greeted with her silence and that frightened him even more. He didn’t turn around to meet her gaze since he was too frightened to meet her angry eyes so he just settled his gaze in front of the TV screen which he didn’t bother to at least turn on.

He could feel the sagging of the couch indicating her presence beside him-well not really beside him judging from the huge gap of space between them. Silence. Silence was all there was. They have been in a relationship for years now but Yuri had never been this silent around him. He sighed. She was really angry this time.

“Aren’t you going to explain yourself?” she finally uttered a word but she didn’t turn to face him. She was just so angry at him that it’s just so hard to look at him and see his face.

He looked at her for the first time ever since she entered the living room. Her eyebrows were knitted together and her lips were pursed as if she was suppressing a huge deal of anger.

“If you’re talking about the hickeys then I am really sorry about it.” He replied but instead of using a sorrowful voice, he sounded proud. He continued since there was no reply from her. “You deserved it though.”

Her ears caught the lack of remorse in his tone and it angered her even more that he didn’t show regret.

“How the hell do I deserve all these?” she growled at him while she forcefully took of her sweater revealing her crank top and hickey-covered chest. If they were in a better situation, Yunho might have admired his ‘work of art’ but right now he thinks that won’t be necessary.

“If I hadn’t done that you could’ve gone to that pathetic dinner with that bastard!” he growled back. The thought of her and Ara being with Minho disgusts him to no end. He would rather rot to death than let his family in the arms of another.

“Whether I go or not, it doesn’t concern you.” She replied back knowing fully that it would hurt him. Sometimes pride makes you do things out of your control. He looked utterly shocked at her remarks but decided later that this was all part of this little game they’re both playing. He smirked at her.

 “When are you going to end this Yuri huh?”

If the root of this rift was his alleged betrayal then this has got to end here. He wasn’t even cheating on her on the first place and now it has gotten out of proportion when Minho came into the picture. His question suddenly made her tongue –tied. ‘He calls this a game?’ she asked herself in anger.

“If this is still about me cheating on you then this has got to end here!” he said in an obvious angry tone. He felt misunderstood and he intends to stop suffering under a wrong conclusion.

“You call this a game Yunho?” she turned her head in his direction to make him see that she was dead serious and angry.

“All this time you call this a childish game?” she added and not without throwing a pillow at him. Yunho moved his head to the side in an attempt to protect his face letting the throw pillow land on the floor.

“YES! I told you a lot of times that I did not cheat on you but you either are too shallow minded to understand or you just don’t want to hurt that goddamn pride of yours and admit that you’re wrong!” he spat at her. There. He said it. These were the things that he was bottling up inside ever since and now was the right time to say it.

“So this all my fault now? You’re saying that I’m the one who caused all this?” she said angrily and stood up from her sitting position.

“Damn it Yuri!” he sighed angrily and raked his hair in agitation.

“That’s the problem with you! You never listen! You always jump into conclusion! You never accept anything I say!” he said in a tone that Yuri had never heard before. She stood dumbfounded and guilty hearing his words. Was she really that kind of person? Had she never listened to any explanation from Yunho?

Hearing no reply from her he continued to confess everything that he has been holding up not only these past few weeks but all these years.  

“No matter how hard I try to show you that I love you, you always have doubts about me and now you’ve even accused me of cheating!” he said in an exasperated tone.

That made her thinking. “Yunho I-.” she was cut off by Yunho.

“On our first year together you always told your friends that you don’t think we’re going to last. That you think you’re just one of my flings and you even readied yourself to get dumped but did that ever happen? I did everything so that you won’t feel unsafe, so that you’ll feel secured and to show you that I am serious, because I love you Yuri.” he said and the pain wrapped up in every word he uttered didn’t escape Yuri.

She felt weak not because he was saying things that hurt her but because what he said was true. She used to tell her friends that their relationship wasn’t bound to last as Yunho would eventually get tired of her like all his other women. She even showed a strong front by saying that she was ready to get dumped but in truth, she was so afraid. Afraid that one day he would grow tired of her.  But in the end, that never happened. He loved her dearly and proved her wrong but did her heart felt at ease?

Unknowingly a tear escaped from her eyes so she let herself sit on the couch once again. He could hear subtle sobs from her and although he has the strongest urge to envelope her in his arms, he steeled his heart because he wasn’t finished. Not yet.

“When you found out you were pregnant, you directly assumed that I would not want to keep the baby. It saddened me that you could think lowly of me Yuri. It never occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, I would want to have the baby with you. But NO! You assumed at once and even threatened to break up with me. I mean what the Yuri! Do you not have any faith in me?” he continued to confess and didn’t allow her to retaliate at the slightest because this was his chance, and maybe the only chance, to be able to tell her everything that he has been bottling up inside.

The brutality in his words made her jolt but she decided to keep mum because what he said was entirely true. She wanted  to stop him from talking further but her mind wanted to hear more. To hear everything. To know everything. All these years, Yunho had been keeping this to himself. Was she that selfish to not know all these things? She was insecure. She had already established that.

“Do you know how I felt that time?” he asked but it was obvious that he wasn’t hoping for any answer from her. “I felt useless. I felt betrayed. Alone.” He was still wasn’t looking at her when he said this but she’s sure that he was about to cry.

She was crying even more now. Using the back of her palms, she tried to wipe of the tears but perhaps the tears were too much to wipe out so she just let them flow.

“I’m sorry.” she said weakly. Now it was Yunho’s turn to look at her. Seeing her, face drenched in tears, lips red from biting, and eyes closed, he immediately softened and instantly he envelope her in his arms.

Had he been too harsh on her? It was too late to regret so he just hugged her in the hope of easing her pain.

He felt that she was hugging him back so he tightened his hold on her as if it was the first time he had hugged her. Right then and there he knows that she had finally forgiven him.

“I’m really sorry Yunho. I didn’t know that I was being too selfish and insecure. It’s all my fault.” she cried as she buried her face in his chest. “I thought you don’t love me as much as I love you and that we weren’t going to last. I thought you don’t really want to have a family with me. Please forgive me Yunho.”

Yunho leaned down to kiss her neck then her left shoulders before replying. “Ssshh. Stop it now Yuri-ah. It’s not your fault. But please, let’s end this fight. I miss you and Ara so much. These past few weeks had been hell for me without you. I’m begging you, come back to me please?”

Slowly she broke the hug but maintained a close distance to take a look at his eyes. There she saw the tears b at the end of his eyes. She made him cry numerous times these past few weeks and it breaks her heart to see him at this state.

Slowly, she reached to cup his face in her hands and leaned in to peck his lips. Then she leaned in again for another. Teasing his lips. Coaxing him. Until he could no longer bear the slowness so he plunged into while his lips carried all the passion and longing for her.

That was all he needed.

That was all he was waiting for.

No words. Just pure actions and it was enough for him to understand that he had won is family back. All the tears shed were worth it. The waiting tortured him but he knew that it will be a brand new start.

When they broke the kiss they stared into each other’s eyes. His hands were still s around her waist while hers were positioned on top of his hardened chest.

“You’re coming home with me.” he said and it wasn’t just a statement but rather and order. Typical Jung Yunho.

She smiled at him and nodded. How he missed to see those smile from her. She leaned in again to kiss his smooth chin before engulfing herself in his warmth again. She felt so happy and serene. She decided to set aside all her insecurities and inhibitions and keep in mind and in heart that Yunho loves her and she loves him so much that even his tainted shirt can't erase.

He loves her.

She loves him.

They have a wonderful family with Ara.

That’s all that matters.

But the serenity was somehow interrupted when she thought about something. SOMEONE to be exact.

She needs to talk to him.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

HI everyone!

I'm so sorry for not updating for too long. I promise to update more often now.

to my subbies, thanks for being patient.This chapter is for you. <3

i hope you like it. tell me your thoughts through the comment box.

:D