CHAPTER 23

TAINTED

 

CHAPTER 23

 

“You sure that’s everything?” Yunho asked while keeping Ara occupied in his arms. Yuri was currently walking around her apartment checking if she had packed everything. Yuri was still covered in her sweater because of the love marks.

“Yes, this is probably everything.” she answered. Yunho handed Ara to her so that he could carry her luggage. As soon as it landed in his arms, he felt heavy. Not that he can’t carry the whole thing, but he was surprised that Yuri was able to carry a bag this heavy when she left their home.

“Ugh. This is heavy. I wonder how you carried this that day.” he commented with a groan.

She smiled shyly. “That’s called adrenaline rush.” she teased while he chuckles. “Let’s go home.” she nodded.

As soon as he locked the door to her apartment, they were both greeted by the figures of two familiar people. Yuri recognized the figures at once and her first instinct was to hold Yunho’s free hand. Her face flushed with fear.

Jiyong and Yoona stood at the hallway. They were about to visit Yuri to send her some really important news. They have no idea that Yunho and Yuri were already in good terms since last night so the sight of them together surprised them.

“Oppa.” Yuri called softly while she squeezed his hand tighter. Yunho felt her tensed so he squeezed her hand back in reassurance. Judging from Yuri’s sudden protectiveness from her brother, Yunho knew that Jiyong knows about his alleged betrayal to his sister and he’s surely holding a grudge against him. He needed to explain to her brother. Hell he doesn’t even know that Jiyong was in town.

Jiyong looked down at their entwined hands and back to their faces. He chuckled as he saw the protective side of his sister. He wasn’t here to give a blow on Yunho. Not now that they already know that truth.

“If you’re thinking that I came here to punch Yunho, I think you should calm down now my dear sister.” he said with a chuckle.

She felt the need to explain to Jiyong. “Oppa. You don’t need to be angry at Yunho. He explained everything to-.” her explanation was cut off by Jiyong.

“No need to explain to me. I know the truth now Yuri-ah.” he said. Seeing the puzzled look on both Yuri and Yunho, now it was Yoona’s turn to explain further.

“We met Jaejoong Oppa at the hotel where Jiyong Oppa is staying. He told us everything about what happened that night at Junsu Oppa’s party. Yunho Oppa’s innocent. The girl was the one who threw herself at him but he shoved her away before she could do anything further unluckily she left a stain on his shirt. ” she sounded relieved as she explained. She was rather happy that her cousin was innocent after all.

Yuri looked at Yunho right after hearing Yoona’s explanation. Her face softened as her lips formed a smile of relief. Last night she was convinced that Yunho was innocent but today she was even more convinced.

“I can see that our explanation came a little late.” Jiyong smiled. Yoona too was smiling at the sight of Yuri and Yunho together. That At last they were together again.

“I still need to say sorry to you Jiyong.” Yunho began to speak. “I should’ve made Yuri feel more secured about our relationship. That way she would have enough trust on me. Now I want to make it right. I’ll make her feel loved every day of her life. I promise to treasure her and Ara as long as I live.”

Jiyong moved forward to the couple. “I know you will.” he stretched out his right hand for him to take.

Seeing her brother and Yunho in good terms, Yuri felt a lot happier. Now she can truly say that everything is falling back to place.

“What do we have here?” Jiyong said as he took Ara in Yunho’s arms. He swayed the little girl from left to right earning loud giggles from the little angel.

“You’ve grown bigger.” he commented as he pinched her chubby cheeks. “And prettier too.” he added.

“Of course she’s pretty. I’m the mother after all.” Yuri said proudly. Yoona smiled while shaking her head while Jiyong rolled his eyes playfully.

“Hey I’m responsible too. I’m the father. And she looks a lot more like me than you!” he said proudly.

“I got her eyes you know. That made the difference!” she protests. They continued to argue about the matter.

Yoona and Jiyong could only laugh as they look at the bickering couple. They had Ara young so it was still normal that they’d act childish but nonetheless, they were perfect parents for her.

“Yah! Stop it already. She’s beautiful because she has an awesome, smart and hot uncle. ” Jiyong doesn’t want to be left out.

“Yah! When she grows up, I’ll train her to be lady-like just like her goddess aunt.” Yoona butted in while giving her goddess pose.

Yuri, Yunho, and Jiyong all gave their disapproving gaze at her.

“What?”

 

Their loud laughter echoed through the hallways. They were all drawn in their own little world that none of them even noticed a figure of a tall man staring at them with sorrowful eyes and clenched fists. He heard all their conversation. Every bit of it that it almost felt hard for him to breathe. There he realized that he had already fallen hard, too hard.

He was there as soon as he saw Yuri and Yunho stepped out of the apartment. When he saw her luggage carried by Yunho, and the happiness written all over their faces, he knew that he’s too late. She’s really slipped out of his grasp even before he was able to hold her. The tiniest of hope finally shattered.

The moment he heard all five of them out of the hallways, he finally stepped out of the shadows. He can’t forget the smile she was wearing when he saw her this morning. It was the first time he saw her smile. Yuri had been his secretary for weeks now but never, not even once, did he saw her smile like that. Her smile carried peacefulness, serenity, and above all love. That was the smile that he was looking for her. The smile he wanted her to show him. The smile he wants her to wear at the mere sight of him.

But these are all fantasies. That was the ugly truth. She was the first girl to make him fall in love so hard without doing anything. With her pure and loving heart wrapped around her strong-personality, she was able to make him, Choi Minho, head over heels for her.

Seeing her all happy around Jung Yunho while he stood there nursing a broken heart, he vowed to make her responsible. If he was to nurse a broken heart, he wanted her to nurse it for him. In what way? That he don’t know at the moment.

 

 

“We’re here.” Yunho said with a hoarse voice. They were now currently outside the building of Choi Empire. He was to drop Yuri off to give her boss her resignation letter. Jiyong and Yoona asked to bring Ara with them because Jiyong seemed to have missed his niece so much so they were left alone in his car.

“I’m going inside. Are you going to wait for me?” she asked.

“Of course. That way you won’t be there with him for too long. You’ll have to worry about your dazzling husband waiting outside.” he gave her a toothy grin. She just rolled her eyes at him.

When she was about to open her door, he grabbed her hand to stop her.

“What now?” she raised an eyebrow.

“Where’s my goodbye kiss?” he asked with a small pout. It was rare for Jung Yunho to show this side of him and when he does, he’s either desperate for her attention or in the mood for touching-you know what’s probably next to that.

She sighed but leaned forward anyways. She gave him a sweet kiss but when she was about to break the kiss, Yunho trapped her head in his hands and devoured her lips more- longer that is. She had no choice but to comly. She liked it anyways.

When he finally broke off, she glared at him annoyingly.

“What? Last night wasn’t enough in fact we still have round 2 later.” he teased before winking at her.

“Ugh!” Yuri groaned inwardly before striding towards the building’s entrance.

 

When she reached the top floor of the building, she saw Minho’s back through the glass doors looking at the view of Seoul. She stood still for a while clutching in her hands her letter for resignation. She was absolutely ready to face him a while ago but now that she was only a few feet away from him, she seemed to be out of words.

“You can do this Yuri-ah.” she whispered to herself.

Minho felt someone looking at his back and when he turned around. He caught her eyes looking at him. His gaze fell on the letter between her hands and immediately he felt another pang of pain.

He looked at her as she broke their eye contact and started to enter his office. He just stood there motionless beside his glass window. He can feel that she was awkward around him. Since when were they awkward with each other? Last time he checked they have already established a relationship called friendship. Perhaps she was feeling guilty. Good for her. He thought.

“Why aren’t you in your corporate attire? And you’re late Yuri-ah. You’re supposed to be earlier than me.” he said emotionless. He’s aware that she came here to resign but he won’t let her off that easy.

“Actually I came here to-.”

“That’s okay. You can work with those clothes. I’ll let you off this time. You can proceed to your work.” He cut her off while he pretended to arrange the things in his desk.

Yuri’s realized that he was avoiding her resignation. She can’t understand why he was acting that way nonetheless she decided to handle the situation calmly.

“Minho I didn’t come here to work. I’m re-.” she was cut off once again.

“Did you happen to see my files about the presentation yesterday? I’m sure I put it here before -.”

“Stop it.” she finally managed to stop his blabbering. He looked at her with eyes b with tears.

“I’m resigning Minho.” she said softly.

She looked down not wanting to look at him in the eye. Minho was a nice man. But she loves Yunho. She can never force herself to love anybody else besides Yunho.

“I won’t allow it.” he spoke sternly. She looked up at him, surprised with his response. He’s not letting her off that easy.

“Whether you approve or not I’m still resigning. I just don’t want to be unprofessional so I need to drop this resignation off.” she spoke. She can see his face contorting as she was saying those. He was looking down in his desk while biting his lips as if he was suppressing his anger.

“I said I won’t allow it!” he shouted making her jump in surprise. This was not the Minho she once knew. In front of her was a totally different one.

“Mi-Minho.” she stuttered as she tries to calm her racing heart.

She felt vulnerable being inside a room with only the two of them around. She wanted to be away from this stranger but she was frozen in place. She wanted to go out and leave but she doesn’t have the heart to leave this lonely and aching man. Somehow she felt responsible.

What can she possibly do?

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

hello readers.. sorry to keep you waiting.
i'm up with another chapter. I hope you guys like it.
and I'm sorry for making Minho look bad. you can't blame him right? hehehehe

i'll update when I find the time. 
spread the love.. <3 <3 <3 <3